Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chickensoup101

It's been months that DOOM 2016 was released~

DOOM 3 feels shallow even with the audio logs. What importance is it to me that Joe from maintenance heard spooky sounds and can't remember his computer password.

The only layers of story DOOM ever needs is demons bad, you good, here shotgun, go kill.

1 hour ago, CARRiON said:

What importance is it to me that Joe from maintenance heard spooky sounds and can't remember his computer password.

The only layers of story DOOM ever needs is demons bad, you good, here shotgun, go kill.

So you basicly just don't care for a story in Doom. Fine for you. But why should optional story content be omitted just because some players don't want to be bothered with it?

I would've taken less of the dry demon/environment entries in exchange for UAC spookfests like the ones in that leak. I think having one or two per level wouldn't have been too bad and would've given more gravitas to the situation - for a game about having to stop demons from invading Earth it's pretty chill and there's a strange lack of urgency in the plot during its entirety. Either way, who knows how old that file I posted is since Olivia has a different last name and there's no mention of Hayden whatsoever, though he might've been Jack Warren before they also changed the name and probably the character design.

I think it and Wolfenstein TNO are hands down the best first-person shooters since Half-Life 2 (which came out way back in '04), so there you go.

I also personally prefer DOOM to Wolfenstein since it has keycard hunts, more secrets, a level editor, and far more replay value in general.

The only complaint I have is that there weren't more levels as incredibly open and non-linear as Foundry.

Yeah, I think Foundry was the most classic in terms of exploration. It seems that by the time you get the Hell, the game slowly becomes a very linear affair. Bit of a shame.

The new DOOM was bombastic! I got a copy of it on the release date for the PS4 and I am enjoying every bit of it ever since..!

3 hours ago, Jaxxoon R said:

The multiplayer DLC has just been removed from stores across all platforms.

Interesting...

They're probably preparing a GOTY edition, and a GOTY upgrade for those that don't have it.

Just my guess.

From all the shooters i played during the last years is DOOM 2016 the one i like the most. Recently i tried Wolfenstein TNO again and still dislike it. The gunplay and the intense fighting moments are great, but there is too much other stuff that spoils this game for me.
But running around in DOOM with the double barrel shotgun never gets old (for me). There are some things i wish the new DOOM wouldn´t miss. One thing is that the enemies in the old DOOM games appeared way more "hate driven". It was more intense in the old games hearing the scream of the revenant, turning around and you just see his fist flying in your face. The new revenant maks these bitchslaps, thats a bit disappointing. Or i miss the angry faces of the chaingunners while they unload their bullets in your flesh. More infights would be nice, too.
It would also be nice to have some fights in large open places like the courtyard for example. But on the other hand maybe this does not work with the behaviour of the enemies in the new game. Maybe you would be surrounded to fast by all the demons.
My bigges complain is the hell guard fight. This thing looks and behaves just retarded.

But all in all there is no other game i enjoyed more the last years. Hopefully there will be some DLC SP content in the future.

I'm disappointed with DOOM 2016. There were so many good things about it but ultimately DOOM II + project brutality + any decent wad is way more fun and interesting and unpredictable. Hurts to say it. After watching the promo vids before release i was convinced that Snapmap was the next level and no - one would be playing wads anymore. I was so wrong LOL.

I have really enjoyed Doom 2016 a lot. It's been like re-living the days back in 1995 when I was first playing original Doom. Especially after the release of Arcade Mode, the replayability was taken to the next level for me. Really enjoyable to go for more and more medals and find ways to keep the chains in every map.

Also I've enjoyed playing the campaign on Ultra-Nightmare very much. It brings a whole new style of intensity to the game all the time knowing in the back of your neck that one false move will take you to the beginning of the game. Last try I made it to the Hell Guards in Necropolis and was wiped out right after glory-killing the 2nd of them. The feeling after getting killed there was indescribable, realizing that to get there I would have to start all over. Not disappointed at all but just like "whoa, did I really manage to get this far!" :D

With the runes, and weapon upgrades the game becomes very interesting on UNM as they really help a LOT. And getting the Siphon Grenade in Lazarus with an upgraded Equipment Power rune helps to top up armor which really is the key to avoiding getting killed. I always make sure I upgrade my armor with the Argent Cells right away. There's so many ways to play it... Snapmaps I played maybe around 10 different ones so far, some of them are really nice while others not.

The gameplay reminds me very much of the good old Doom gameplay even the player maneuvrebility seems to be slightly better in D2016. Haven't had so much fun with a computer game since 1995, really :D

New Doom needs sequel so bad! Everything is ready for bigger and better bad ass killer FPS!

I just played through it again after a year and I love the game. My only complaint is the same as yours, I wish there were more open, expansive areas to do battle with hordes of enemies.

Having said that, the game exceeded my expectations.

I absolutely love the game in terms of pure mechanics, but I do hope for a return to form in any potential future successors when it comes to level design. Hell, since they already took a big page out of Metroid Prime, I'd gladly welcome a proper Metroidvania structure, provided they also reduce the amount of linear combat arenas in the process.

I enjoy the game so far, its really fun and metal. Jesus, Doomguy is now twice as badass. The Multiplayer is really fun to, but, I dont know if its just me, but I never se anybody with some good ping, I always play in red :s. Snapmap is lots of fun to, easy to use, not that amazing but really fun. So far, its fantastic. 

Not sure, but if the sales and reception are anything to go by, they'd be foolish to not do a sequel, but until they have something to show they'll be quiet. It's obvious they're not going to do a standalone expansion pack at this point ala what MachineGames did for Wolf.

I don't know exactly what I would like to see in a sequel, but I know I would love to see a Phobos/Deimos setting that progresses to Hell on Earth, and Hell itself finally. Introduce some new weapons, and introduce a proper Archvile, bring back the Arachnotron and Pain Elemental and maybe even that Bruiser demon from D3:ROE. 

5 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

I don't know exactly what I would like to see in a sequel, but I know I would love to see a Phobos/Deimos setting that progresses to Hell on Earth, and Hell itself finally. Introduce some new weapons, and introduce a proper Archvile, bring back the Arachnotron and Pain Elemental and maybe even that Bruiser demon from D3:ROE. 

That Bruiser is nightmare fuel. Holy hell.

1e1e3757f412261849761c0c943ab069.gif

3 minutes ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

That Bruiser is nightmare fuel. Holy hell.

It was originally supposed to appear in Doom 3. It was supposed to be able to disguise itself among computer terminals, and the player would approach only to be ambushed by this technoterror.

Just now, Piper Maru said:

It was originally supposed to appear in Doom 3. It was supposed to be able to disguise itself among computer terminals, and the player would approach only to be ambushed by this technoterror.

Thats does sounds like a really creepy terrifying idea, I love it. 

9 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

I think, alongside with Bruiser, it should be important to consider Vulgars.
Imps and Hellknights become seriously less threatening after player finds SSG, moreover after unlocking the double shot. But since Barons are already buffed version of the second, should Imps have similar counterpart?

One thing I thought I'd mention...the multiplayer has really improved over the last few months. Even when I lose, it's a satisfying experience, and thats not an easy thing to achieve.

I haven't played MP for weeks.  Kinda lost interest when hearing nothing regarding SP DLC.

On 9/11/2017 at 9:52 AM, Quadrops said:

I think, alongside with Bruiser, it should be important to consider Vulgars.
Imps and Hellknights become seriously less threatening after player finds SSG, moreover after unlocking the double shot. But since Barons are already buffed version of the second, should Imps have similar counterpart?

Barons are technically a buffed version of not only the Hell Knights, but the Imps as well, since it has a fireball attack.

Never did care much for the Vulgars, but that may have to do with the fact that Doom 3 already had loads of Imp-wannabe enemies and I didn't feel it needed yet another imp-type enemy (although the Vulgars did look cool).

Maybe if they can reinvent the Vulgars to do something special rather than being just a buffed Imp.

I agree about the Vulgars.  They need some redesign.  They were only different so players could grab onto their larger projectiles.

If they add them in D4; their attack should change into something like the Vortigaunt in HL1.