Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CzechMate29200

How many musicians are here, and what do you play?

I play piano and guitar. I actually know how to play "Demons on the Prey" and "Shawns Got The Shotgun" on the piano. Im trying to get them on the guitar.

Keyboardist, bass player and (sort of) guitarist here. I can play the bass parts to a few BTSX midis :P

Used to play piano but gave up on it, I sometimes regret it but probably won't get back to it. 

Drummer, guitarist, bassist, vocalist and occasional pianist. I also occasionally compose and produce music.

Edited by MFG38

Mainly guitar and banjo, but I can play any instrument except brass and woodwinds. ...except I can play a small amount of trumpet, too. My favorite is Harmonica because it's so versatile.

I actively play and perform with:

Guitar (both rhythm & lead)

I actively play, but don't perform with:

Keyboards (mostly electronic, but learned on piano)

I previously played and performed with:

Drums

Bass

I learned, but never went anywhere with:

Clarinet

Banjo

Violin

I have written and recorded close to 2 dozen songs, including the vocals (although my singing sucks).

I've been known to shred a string or two... on a cheese slicer.

I can play pretty much any instrument I've tried, but I have the most experience with the electric guitar. I haven't owned one or really played in a while, but my uncle is traveling to the Philippines soon and is going to let me hold onto his guitars and amps while he's gone.  I'm pretty excited to have some guitars available to me.

I also have about half an album worth of electronic music that I've written, and a few MIDI songs for Doom projects.

39 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

.... mostly just write music.

I listened to some of your stuff, and it's varied and interesting (although my listening tastes generally lie elsewhere). Some of it seems to be suitable for computer game music.

[Btw, nice syncopation on The Optic Nerve (Near-Sighted Mix).]

Guitarist here.  Been playing for almost 19 years.  Electric, Classical, and Flamenco guitar.  Working on getting a group started so you'll hear my stuff soon.

In order of skill level going from high to low, I play guitar, bass, piano, ocarina, and viola (so I guess violin also).

I'm a guitarist, so I mainly play guitar. But I also play bass (my favorite instrument), piano, the keyboards, and percussion instruments. I sing as well.

I make mostly gothic rock music or heavy metal. In the same vein as the early Nine Inch Nails, The Cure, early Marilyn Manson, and on the heavier side Slayer, and Black Sabbath. I also like to incorporate arabic or middle eastern sounding guitar licks along with it.

Doom music wise I can currently play the following songs on my guitar and/or bass;

• "Kitchen Ace (And Taking Names)"
  • "Sign of Evil"
  • "untitled"
  • "Donna to the Rescue"
  • "Countdown to Death"
  • "In the Dark"
  • "Shawn's got the Shotgun"
  • "Bye bye American Pie"

(I'm still expanding that list)

Edited by nxGangGirl

Guitar and Keyboard but for some reason I'd rather use piano roll software to program notes and make full songs out of multiple synthesized instruments.

Drums. Played off and on since 2011. Just recently decided to give it up after months of not progressing and not having any drive. I can play along to a handful of songs but can't "make up" my own style or patterns - my brain is built for copying and not creativity. Doesn't get you far. Once I realized that I couldn't  do a paradiddle around the kit it was like an epiphany - just knew that I would never have what it takes. It was such a profound moment. Life is pretty shitty right now in general though so maybe part of why I could care less. 

edit - used to make beats (hip-hop & dancey stuff) ion the early 2000s but lost touch with it.