• WINDOWS ME
    • WINDOWS 98
    • WINDOWS 95
    • WINDOWS NT
    • DOS
    • None/I hate Windows
    • Windows 3.1
    • MAC OS X FOREVER BITCHES!!!!!

Im gonna have to go with Windows XP. Windows 7 is great too. In my opinion, Microsoft started sucking at  Windows 8, it has since never gotten better...

Edited by CzechMate29200

I still miss Windows 98 SE.  Yeah it crashed more often and had holes like a sieve, but it felt "right", wasn't overly bloated, and still had proper DOS.

Windows XP comes in second.

It used to be Windows XP in it's final stage but Windows 7 is even better. It will probably be the last Windows I ever use.

XP. Windows 7 is nice enough, but it has compatibility issues with some older programs which I would like to use again. I do have some fond memories of Windows 95 though and full DOS mode, where I used DCK to make my maps (until I discovered the hidden 8,000 or so sidedef limit in the program).

You kidding?  Windows 3.1 was the first version I ever used and ho boy do I have good memories with it.

33 minutes ago, 38_ViTa_38 said:

None. I use Debian GNU+Linux instead.

Well if we go with what I actually use most often, then it would be Slackware Linux for me.  Winblows is just for music production and games.

7 is powerful and secure. I have figured out how to get my favorite games running with compatibility adjustments or using source ports. I haven't used anything beyond 7 but I will hopefully skip to 10 or whatever else comes out in the near future (5+ years)

XP was fantastic for its time. It was like striking gold. The interface was at its best back then.

I have memories of using 2000, 98, and 95. For the most part I am glad to leave those behind because I was too young to understand 98 and 95 at the time. 2000 wasn't bad though but it had glaring security issues in my personal experience.

Windows 7

Great for modern and old (most of the time) programs. Windows 8 dropped DirectX 7 support, and I don't forgive them for that. Assholes.

My first Windows was Windows 2. Windows 3.1 was definitely better that that (where I used Doom Cad). I skipped from 3.1 to 98 and then from 98 to XP. I stuck with XP until I had to switch because it was no longer supported and therefore unsafe. Then I tried to get 7, but it was too late for any but the OEM version, so 8.1 it is (with Classic Shell of course). I gave 10 a try, but I didn't like it and reverted to 8.1.

I like Windows 98 SE out of pure nostalgia but I do recognize that even for their time, those older versions of Windows were not all that good and were especially prone to crashing. Objectively speaking, Windows 7 is easily the best and most reliable, although XP was good for it's time as well.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks XP's default theme has aged horribly? I get that they were trying to make the GUI look modern at the time, but when you compare it to the Aero theme and even the 9x look now it just doesn't hold up in my opinion. There's just something about it that looks off-putting to me.

When I used XP, I used the classic theme to make it look like 9X. Even now, in 8.1 with Classic Shell, I have it looking as old-school as I can. I like the simple-but-functional interface.

10. Multiple desktops, Powershell and the Windows Ink Workspace are 💖

Also, Edge is turning out to be a quite good browser, even if I'd still label it second rate.

10. I grabbed a copy of 10 when I built a new comp last year. Can't say I miss any of the other versions of windows I've used over the years.

Windows 95 was my first windows system. Nowadays I use windows 10 and I don't have any complains about it. Better than windows 8.1 .

For me it's Windows 7 without a question in my mind. I have no desire to use Windows 8 or 8.1 and I highly doubt I will use Windows 10 for years to come.

Windows 10 is really fine and dandy for me. Windows XP might sound great for those who don't use it anymore, but I had to work with that in high school and it isn't that good, sans for Pinball. And I had finished high school this year. Yep, Windows 10 all the way.

I also wanted to drop this for a really long time now:

Spoiler

Windows 7 commercial in japan if you couldn't get it.

Windows 7 I like the most, since I am using it on my laptop. It is stable and it does what I want it to do, usually without any errors. If only it could play 16 bit apps! I could check my copy of Rama on it. 

But it is not my first OS. My first one was Windows 98 and I loved that too. It is just that I used it for like 2 years, while I was 5-7 years old, so I couldn't get many things in technology and my English were non existent at the time.

I never got to use Windows XP in my life that much (only some school computers and OH BOY THE PINBALL IS GREAT!!!) and I tried updating my laptop to Windows 10 once, but it had many problems (it was too early, and now those problems are all fixed as my friend tells me).

Windows 7.  I'm using Windows 10 because of Doom 16 and had no idea the latest directx is tied to Windows 10.  Which is bullshit because I dropped a couple hundos on a GFX card only to find out I couldn't use it's full capability under Win7. 

This is why Vulkan's so important and another reason I'm glad I've never bought a Windows since learning to build PCs.

Before current Win8 I used different Linux OS's for years. I'm already get used to Win8 with ClassicShell extension. Still have Linux at second laptop.

6 hours ago, 38_ViTa_38 said:

None. I use Debian GNU+Linux instead.

It's becoming more and more like Windows, now it's Systemd/Linux. ;-)

I have used DOS, Windows 98FE/SE, Windows XP, Windows 7 and I have liked them. I have also used Windows ME, but it was really bad.

I didn't like Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 is kind of better, but I just prefer using Linux now because it's hundreds of times faster.