Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

6 hours ago, roadworx said:

doesn't even have a microwave or garbage disposal

I live my life just fine without these things :P 

Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, and Shadow Warrior Redux. Haven't fully completed either games, especially Shadow Warrior so I'm going to end it once and for all.

Team Fortress 2, Duke3D, Shadow Warrior Classic and Doom 64 on my Wii (With Wiimote + Nunchuck, horrible experience)

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy 

Forgot how hard the first game was.

I've never played an Ultima game before, and I've decided to start with Ultima 4. Picked up the series on GOG for cheap during their recent sale. 

Recently finished DOOM '16, was an awesome game. Doing Quake on hard, two episodes down, aiming for a no death run if possible (I did eps 1-3 two years ago on nightmare without deaths until ep4 with the damn Spawns and some of the more wild fights), and currently on the 17th test chamber I think for Portal, very trippy puzzles, good humor and an eerie atmosphere.

I'm playing Anti-Idle: The Game on Kongregate, I know I know...I'm a casual :P

right now I just want something kind of quick and out of my way that doesn't take up all my focus, and at least this idle game is trying to give me variety and be different so I like that. It's a decent little flash game worth checking out. 

1 hour ago, cyan0s1s said:

Recently finished DOOM '16, was an awesome game. Doing Quake on hard, two episodes down, aiming for a no death run if possible (I did eps 1-3 two years ago on nightmare without deaths until ep4 with the damn Spawns and some of the more wild fights), and currently on the 17th test chamber I think for Portal, very trippy puzzles, good humor and an eerie atmosphere.

E4 really is a gigantic difficulty spike. the only real threat in the previous episodes i can think of is the triple (double?) Shambler spawn in E1M3, which isn't so much of a threat as it is a giant ammo-sink. but E4 has you pinned down pretty damn early, and the Spawns are the absolute worst thing in the game. they really shouldn't be that numerous if they're that threatening.

Been juggling a few games, like the Source version of Half-Life (more out of curiosity but ultimately a final definitive playthrough of the original HL) which is OK but has issues, also completed Scourge of Armagon for Quake which is just as good as the original game. Been playing Grand Theft Auto III (with fixes like SilentPatch and widescreen support) as it's been 9 years or so since I'd last played it and it's held up surprisingly well, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 which at least initially is significantly improved over the first and frankly horrible game what with all its pacing problems and sadistic level design.

Still TF2 wave 666. Played it about an hour each day since last September on just that one specific map. There is no other mode that gives me the rush. For those that don't know.... imagine a slaughter map that comes in waves and you're forced to have 6 players. Its not so much aim as it is tactics. In my case 5 other strangers which gives it that extra challenge.

With that much time in this year alone, its adorable when people feel they need to give me advice when I'm at the point I can do double the damage of the entire team combine. It all depends on the team of course. A good sniper can still out damage me, but since I do wave 666 on a public server its full of children and know-it-all noobs, the good snipers are rare. People tell me I only do so much damage because I play soldier or heavy. So I took that as a challenge and I can now out damage an entire team combine as pyro or engineer. It still depends on the team and engineer its rare when I do more damage than the entire team combine. Maybe I'm getting better or the teams are just getting worse.

I get bored of playing one class for 2 months I switch off to a different class. I used to just be engineer on the man but as good as I'd do the team still can't carry itself. So then I went heavy for a month or two. Learned quite a lot of ins and outs with the most boring class in the game. People would tell me heavy is useless... yeah the damage says otherwise, but whatever. Then I was frustrated at the fact that with the spy tank no one would take out the spies and as heavy I can't shoot 100 spies with such a narrow range weapon. After that it was soldier for me. I was an okay soldier, but now I've discovered a pretty crazy loadout that seems to work well for me. People tell me "you need damage reduction buffs" Yeah... but the thing is I just don't get shot as engi or soldier. Even as heavy I can do a good job dodging even if heavy isn't known for their agility.

Now I'm on pyro since me as pyro would always just die unless I sit in the background using scorch shot of the flare gun.... but then I discovered when the team is all dead, that scorch or flare sure takes a long time to kill giants. So I learned how to use the actual primary weapon without being instantly killed thanks to regenerating health and stuff like that.

Other than that I'll play medic when I get bored or play scout when I feel a team has zero chance of winning. Like a team that has 2 scouts or 2 spies.

While I'm here rambling about TF2 wave 666... I have to say spy is useless on that specific wave. Everything is dead before the spy can stealth around to zap and back stab. Pub demos seem useless. There are great demos out there who know how to set traps with their sticky launcher, but with wave 666 being free and public I have yet to see a good one just drop into a random server. Even scouts too, the best and most useful scouts still feel like a waste. Even if they milk, money and fan, the medic or engi can heal, the pissniper or buff banner have the mini critz that the fan would have and the entire team can get money when enemies are dead due to how much damage output they have. With that said I have seen a scout somehow get a shocking amount of damage when scouts probably shouldn't be doing damage. Those three classes feel far more useful outside of 666 on expert or wherever else.

Over the past few days I've fell into matches with some horrible people. I don't mean terrible players, but I assure you they were terrible, but I just mean horrible people in general. Answering their phone when they're still on the mic. Harassing bad players when they themselves are terrible. Telling people to suck their cock over-and-over. One person even chimed in and said "i'm 7 you shouldn't be saying that." "you're 7 well you shouldn't be playing a rated M game." Truth be told the person who said that sounded like a teenager. People who take 10 minutes to setup and need to ensure the team is 100% precise to their specifications when honestly its just a game. People will lose and you'll have to setup again. One guy said he completed a tour (series of MVM maps) 250 times... I look at his profile and nope he has not. Hilarious.

I played years of expert MVM where it became just a routine without variables to me. My Steam friends played. We'd always just win. There was no challenge unless we had a team with 3 drop in player that we didn't know. Playing 666 I like the variables of a terrible team (although Friday has better teams). I used to like winning and need to win. It was just a given that I'd win because I knew the people there and we've all been through expert so many times. But now I just expect to lose. There's no more anger from losing. Its fun in a way not knowing if the engineer will be good and trying to figure out ways to kill the medics before the team pops them.

Anyway, that is all.

*edit* Hello again. I dropped into some random terrible public server to play wave 666 as always. Everyone was playing as overlapping classes. Snipers, demos and a spy. They overlap because each one can take out giant enemies or clumps, you only need one good one on MVM. If you have more than one it turns into a waste. It was just a bad situation.

We lost, but then the team wanted to do all 6 of us pyro. So that's what we did. We were crushed. Some players were just inexperienced, so naturally they dive head long into the most difficult MVM map. After that I pointed out to the team I've had great success when playing as 6 soldiers. Sure enough we completed wave 666 on the first try. Hurrah soldier. Some people had laughably low damage rates, but that's cool. We all had fun and several people complete wave 666 for the first time. Its been weeks since I've completed it.

Edited by geo

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Shadowcaster

shadowshot0.png

Installed Etherlords 2 again. The system is sooo attractive and I really enjoy the graphics and the music. Unfortunately, for an experienced player many fights in the campaign seem like filler where the winning strategy is pretty easy to come up with and then it's just a matter of time and sometimes luck. But other enemies can be challenging and satisfying to overcome. The setting is really likeable too. Maybe I'll beat everything before I get bored.

Are there any other cool MTG-like games where the fights are visualized? Like, you can actually see the creatures attacking each other and stuff. I'm interested in trying more games but just looking at cards would be so boring after this.

Dariusburst CS

A quite lovely horizontal scrolling shmup. Relatively easy to play for survival but pretty interesting to play for score. Having a good time with it, so if it's ever on sale again, you might wanna have a look, because it has TONS of content and lots of replayability, just because of all the many different ship types there are.

Flashgames on the internets. Quite a few of them, I actually forgot some of the ones I played. I remember something about a Swords and Souls game? Something about training and an arena. Then there was Legend of Pandora. Aside form that, I recall Mutilate-A-Doll 2.

If we mean non-flash, then I played Doom 2 with a Mario aesthetic slapped on it, then I became a giggly mess when I was thinking of the stupid reasons Mario would be running around shooting turtles with an NES Zapper.

On 2017/7/3 at 2:33 PM, cyan0s1s said:

You mean the whole game deathless run? That's quite an impressive goal to do. Spawn is the worst enemy in the game... then you see Hell Spawns in Quake 1 Mission Pack 2... Of course, it's not that bad to deal with, mostly it's just about memorization. Quake 1 is such a good game and I should re-visit it in the future.

BTW, I love you new avatar, but I didn't want to leave a comment just saying this.

Well I was playing Dawn of War III and Guild Wars 2, but then my desktop's power supply decided to die.  Since the good ol' Ironlake Intel graphics on my laptop won't be able to handle those, I'm now playing Quake, MAME, and Warcraft 3 for the rest of the month.

Far Cry Primal, AC4 Black Flag, Ark Survival Evolved, Modded Skyrim every now and then, The Sims 4, Rollercoaster Tycoon games, Watch Dogs 2 sometimes, and many others including DooM of course (ZDaemon).

(So hard to pick a game to play these days...)

2 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

You mean the whole game deathless run? That's quite an impressive goal to do. Spawn is the worst enemy in the game... then you see Hell Spawns in Quake 1 Mission Pack 2... Of course, it's not that bad to deal with, mostly it's just about memorization. Quake 1 is such a good game and I should re-visit it in the future.

Yep I tried, I had one death in ep3 because a Fiend one-shotted me with its OP jump attack and needless to say, mistakes were made in ep4 but it wasn't the result of a Spawn (despite some very nasty encounters with them that I just barely survived), but rather some Vores in Azure Agony, a failed jump to access the secret level at the end of Hell's Atrium (not sure if that should count outside of combat), and Vore + Shambler combo during Shub-Niggurath as I was thrown off by additional spawns. Game gets hard near the end.

BTW, I love you new avatar, but I didn't want to leave a comment just saying this.

Thanks!

Dark Souls, the original. I never finished it, and I've been wanting to do the Soulsborne series anyway, so here we are. Demon's was first, I'm closing in on the end of DS1 now.

I think Dark souls is the best out of the series honestly (other than BloodBorne, as I'v not played that one yet).