Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CzechMate29200

Whats your favourite Demon death sound?

Yes I know, it's a weird question. Im bored, dont judge me....

Mine would be the Imps moose-like death sound. I think it's hilarious when I blast the shit out of one with a Super Shotgun, and it makes that sound, I dont why

Baron of Hell

Edited by Guest

Revenant's crunching, especially if you've just punched it to death

The mancubus' death sound , it's so gore.

The aaAAAARGggh from the former humans is hilarious, specially when there are zombiemen killing each other, their weapon's sound is so low that all I hear is random aaaAAARR aaaAAARRR OOOoooo aaaAAAAAaa aaaOAOAOAOAOAOOAoaaRRoarOrora

Apart from that, it's always pleasant to hear a Cyberdemon's death from another part of the map.  

The arachnotron's. That mini explosion mixed with the sound of a computer shutting down is always satisfying, especially with the RL or SSG.

The former human's death moo's are pretty funny too.

This thread pops up a lot, doesn't it? Same with, "What's your favorite monster?". It's amazing how the amount of detail, visual and audio cues that form the majority of what is called "feedback" can feel so satisfying, That people love discussing this topic, over and over again. I don't see that with many games. I love many of the death sounds but must admit the gibbing noise always brings a smile to my face.

Also, I like the death sound of the archvile just because you'll have a satisfaction grim of killing that bastard.

I like the Archvile's because I think it's neat that it's a little girl saying "why" at a much lower pitch. 

Bobby Prince said: "The Archvile is an evil healer. Anyone getting in his way is blasted with fire and disintegrated. This includes other demons. But, after he has wrought his destruction, he then goes around and reanimates all of the demons. Because of this interesting dual personality, I decided to give him a very evil laugh as an active sound. For his death sound, I recorded a young girl saying 'why,' pitch shifted it down and mixed it with other sounds. The Archvile just doesn't understand why anyone would want to kill him as he sees himself as only doing good for his fellow demon."

1 minute ago, Ajora said:

I like the Archvile's because I think it's neat that it's a little girl saying "why" at a much lower pitch. 

Bobby Prince said: "The Archvile is an evil healer. Anyone getting in his way is blasted with fire and disintegrated. This includes other demons. But, after he has wrought his destruction, he then goes around and reanimates all of the demons. Because of this interesting dual personality, I decided to give him a very evil laugh as an active sound. For his death sound, I recorded a young girl saying 'why,' pitch shifted it down and mixed it with other sounds. The Archvile just doesn't understand why anyone would want to kill him as he sees himself as only doing good for his fellow demon."

Interesting.....now that you said that, it sounds like: why....why.....whyyyy

28 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

This thread pops up a lot, doesn't it? Same with, "What's your favorite monster?"

What's your favorite LMP file?

Zombiemen, Baron of Hell, and Arachnotron death sounds are my favorite. Oh, and hearing a Cyber or Spidermastermind getting owned from far away is also pretty fun!

I'm torn between the Former Humans, Barons, and Archviles.  Formers are enjoyable to the point where they don't get annoying, which is important since they're so common.  Barons and Archviles, though... You know you just took down a major threat when you hear those glorious death cries.

And then there's the Arachnotron.  That satisfying robotic shutdown... I just wanna BFG the crap out of 'em in droves just to hear that sound.

Oddly enough, I find the Cyberdemon's and Mastermind's death cries quite underwhelming.

THE MANCUBUS

it's so gory and fleshy, at first it goes like "owwh" but then it's all "bluerrrhg" <3 <3 <three

Oh, and the arachnotron one is cool to, specially when you destroy it  with a SSG, so satisfying to hear

I love teh Baron's death sound the most. It's extremely satisfying to hear it give out a final shriek/roar why its intestines fall out. That sound has the biggest impact on me.

Edit: my favourite lump is ENDOOM, hands down. Nothing beats it.

Edited by Voros

I'm kind of ambivalent when it comes to death sounds. Pain sounds, on the other hand. In Brutal Doom the Barons and Knights pain sound has been replaced with the Doom 64 generic demon pain sound. The deep, bassy "oooragh" is just glorious to hear and fits the Nobles perfectly, even when you're roasting a horde of Knights with the flamethrower and all you can hear is "oorgh oorgh oorgh oorgh oorgh".

Alongside the Baron's death sound, I also like the IoS's death sound, equally satisfying. If only I wasn't fighting a wall.