Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Battle_Korbi

What could force you to give up Dooming forever?

Not like pausing for a year or two and returning, I am asking what would it take to happen to you to give up on Dooming for the rest of your life?

Death, obviously, doesn't count because by that point it is mandatory to not do anything at all. Doing something after dying is illegal and we cannot have ghosts...

*writes up a creepypasta idea*

So yeah, what could probably force you to give up Dooming forever?

DISCLAMER: I AM NOT SCHEMEING ANYTHING WITH THIS THREAD I AM STILL TRYING TO THINK OF STUFF I ASKED IN "WOULD YOU RATHER" 1 & 2 SO I DUNNO BLAH BLAH PROPERTY OF "Ideas From The Dip"© 2016

1 - Getting married, maybe, I'm still 19 though I know some of you guys already got married and are still interested in Doom stuff.

2 - Finding an easier and fun to mod game, I haven't found any yet, ever since I got into the Doom thing so it's less likely to happen.

3 - Dad getting mad at me and breaking the PC.

Honestly, it's a hobby that I indulge in when I feel I haven't got anything better to do. So if I had a job that filled my days, my PC still had a ton of yet-to-be-played games on it and I lived with my girlfriend you'd probably never see or hear from me again. As things stand, only the PC bit is true, although it isn't with me during the week at the moment. My dooming expands to fill my free time.

Asides from getting maimed or some revelation that leads me to embracing an Amish lifestyle, absolutely nothing. 

maaaybe that new Ultima Underworld game coming out and miraculously being good and then blossoming a level editor which can create expansive ideas (rather than just variations on the game's original content) and community for such

I'm always tempted by the idea of fairly specifically targeted games with their own editing environments; DROD seems exciting to me as an editable puzzle game that can present logic problems, casual exploration with lots of NPC chatter, some weird abstract thing (which I'm already tempted to create solo, formulating some odd ideas) or huge combat-based campaigns where each room can feel like an entire battle with all the iterative and precise back-n-forth fighting you have to do...

it's odd, ten thousand games are available but there are only really a handful of games... really... when you think about it :P

If i got hit on the head pretty hard and became a potato That'll sure stop me from dooming. 

2 hours ago, Voros said:

Easy. Life.

Wanted to say the same thing. If I had a descendant, I'll definitely teach him/her playing Doom/Quake... I will be a terrible father ;P

I almost want to say nothing can or will ever stop me from Dooming, but realistically, it's entirely possible that I will be forced to stop Dooming by something that life unexpectedly throws at me. Then again, I don't spend nearly as much time on Doom as I did something like 5 years ago anyway. Regardless, a lot of shit could happen - I could land a job with 72-hour work weeks, or get married, or have a kid.

Who's to say?There may be an afterlife, or another form of life where I can't play Doom.And it doesn't matter if I'm right or wrong.Don't care, little one.:D Have a great day!

I would like to know did someone continue Dooming when he died? In that case I could edit the thread. I just assumed once people die, they cannot Doom on, because, well, there is nothing much that could be done really :P

I can't say forever, but getting bored of playing Doom in general has led to me being more and more disconnected from mapping and checking out new wads. It's only a few times out of the year now that I really get an itch to play Doom, and that feeling is fleeting. It's really a shame cause I love being involved in the community, but I just keep finding myself unable to care about working on my impending maps or even playing Doom at all.

Anyways there's an answer.

Absolutely nothing.

Not even death. Before I die, I'll figure out a way to merge my brain with a windows 77 that way I'll be a semi sentient computer with access to the internet as well as a Doom source port with wads from the entire id Games archive, as well as anywhere else that has wads and mods. I'll have the computer in a remote location underground that still has access to the internet and has working electricity. So no one stumbles upon it by accident. I'll make sure all the hardware is capable of lasting a lengthy amount of time. But to make sure, only few trusted people who are selected will be sent to check on it every so often.

Otherwise if I die and go to hell we all know what that would look like.

Nothing will stop my ludicrous devotion to this game.

You're all going to die.
That's why your children will continue playing Doom for you. They are your legacy.

[serious]

there's nothing gives me up from Doom despise how old the game is. Doom and its community showed me (well, sorta) my path of life. It's quite late to say this because I'm 26 but I want to pursue a career in Video game industry.

It's been a busy month for me and I scarifies my own health to play valiant over and over and over and over (never gets boring though) with packs of cigs and a beer mug full of coffee just to study Skillsaw's architecture (I legit idolized him so much I consider to build a shrine of him but dude that is some creepy shit :p) and trying to implementing it into the Xenko Engine that I'm currently learning.

There's a video game convention is coming This september in my place. I want it to be my headstart. :D

OKAY BACK TO THREAD....  I might quit Dooming if more people like Joe Ilya exist.

If I lost my eyesight, then I would stop playing Doom (and games in general). That is until a special system for blind people would be implemented in source ports, in which case I would continue playing.

But the thing is that Doom is my favourite game, so even if I get bored of it, I will force myself to play it, until I find the magic again.

That being said, sometimes I may need to take a month off of Dooming and play other games in the meanwhile.