Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redxone

Easy pistol starts in ZDoom. (Mod)

For the people who dislike typing in IDCLEV or changing the map for each level to pistol start it, this script will automatically pistol start each new level!

To disable this functionality you can set the: doPistolStarts cvar to False.

You can also bind a key to "pukename resetplayer" and pistol start by pressing a key, without needing to re-load the level.

Also, contains an extra feature to switch Autoaim on/off (Options for that are at the bottom of the "Customize Controls" menu).

Download: PistolStarts.pk3

If you find this small mod helpful or not, feel free to give constructive criticism below :)

Huh, I was just thinking about how annoying this was. I'll try this out soon.

Did you know that Linguica once tried to add this feature into Chocolate Doom? Given the scope of the project, it wasn't added. Should be added to PrBoom+ though.

1 minute ago, Voros said:

Did you know that Linguica once tried to add this feature into Chocolate Doom? Given the scope of the project, it wasn't added. Should be added to PrBoom+ though.

Actually, PRBoom+'s super easy pistol start is what gave me this idea.

13 hours ago, Voros said:

I just hit the Home key for this.

Reference to pull request for the the pistol start parameter by Linguica, along with hilarious commit messages:
https://github.com/chocolate-doom/chocolate-doom/pull/587