Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Castlevania

EXCITING doom tidbits!

i was working out listening to metallica and then thinking about my
girlfriend like the typical doom-playing bad-ass, and then i realized something funny. Battery on master of puppets by metallica has a part
that sounds like the first several seconds of E1M1's music. this message would be boring but i have one more SUPER doom tidbit for everyone, in the new show Birds of Prey on The WB, the first episode has this scene where a door opens and it sounds exactly like the doom door open sound from doom, the only difference is they changed pitch or something, but it's definately the same!

the first episode has this scene where a door opens and it sounds exactly like the doom door open sound from doom, the only difference is they changed pitch or something, but it's definately the same!

That's like the oldest automatic door sound fx in the world, it's been whored off a million times, by a million shows, along with the Imp roar.

That Cheap-arse Lipton Brisk-icetea comercial thingy mibobber dee-lee stole the fire-ball projectile sound also....not to mention how many times the imp hiss and zombie moan's are ripped off, Cheap bastards!!! U Better Run Eggs!

Epyo said:

My sarcasm detector just blew up the universe

So that's where my burger went

And yeah SFX get ripped off Games and everyone copies them and stuff. I see Doom SFX, Quake SFX, lots of games SFX in ads/tv shows/movies.

The TV shows/movies were probably too lame or cheap to obtain different sounds/music from whatever sound library they used, or they used an old one where iD got their sounds from.

Heh, i have always wondered where they get all the sounds in the games and TV. I remember hearing the same "rusted gate opening" about twenty times in different places.

the sound of the lift is often used as doors in movies...

The sound of the former humans (die also) are often used in movies as monsters and sometimes as camels (I think it originally was a camel sound anyway)...

Yeah, the former die sound is also used in Unreal for a moan of some sort of alien animal...

Castlevania said:

it isnt the song battery, it's the song master of puppets itself that has a part strangely similar to e1m1.

Hollywood uses a library of contrived soud effects, because I have noticed this on numerous occasions, the door opening in willow and moll flanders and various other movies is the exact same in dagger fall and I've heard the BFG blast or maybe it was magic cast from daggerfall, they're all over the place and it's really weird...because sound doesn't pick up well from mics, they always exxagerate the effect with recorded sound fx.
But very interesting, don't believe I've heard Doom door before.

Little Faith said:

Not to mention the Icon of Sin spawn cube sound. I have heard that in countless different gameshows.

that's the one I heard, not BFG, yes overrused...another one was the brown mutant's death from blakestone, it's like a roar that turns to high pitch scream...anyone know this one? it's everywhere

Castlevania said:

i was working out listening to metallica and then thinking about my
girlfriend like the typical doom-playing bad-ass, [...]

* myk nods

I have a cd with millions of sound fx from, I tink 1990 or something like that and it has sfx like the door and the icon of sin. I hear them all the time in games, tv shows and movies.

heh. I was watching G.I.N.O., aka Gojira In Name Only, last night. you know that big budget centropolis flick with matthew broderick and the giant iguana? well in this scene where assault choppers are chasing the aformentioned bastardisation down the canyons off lower manhattan, you here the imp awakening sound when they think they got him. kinda funny how a big budget movie has to pull a cheap sfx from a video game.

I've heard the icon of sin spawning sound in various movies, usally when a large fire is lit, or preceding an explosion. this happened in the prophecy. the angel gabriel set a body on fire, and lo and behold, we have a spawn cube flying at us. well just the sound of it really.

sfx, unless very protected, are a dime a dozen and can be used by just about any one. there are plenty of them that are just animal cries distorted and/or played backwards. it's easy to make them, but even easier to rip em. well tahts my two lincolns.

For some reason this thread reminds me of the older days of these forums... lol i dont know why