Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AdirBlaz

ProjectBrutality or BrutalDoom?

I'm just wondering what peoples' preference is. I myself like PB.

Also optional, what wads do you like to play with it?

PB is bloated with features IMO.
BD gets old pretty quickly.

On the other hand, I like playing with the Doom 64 weapons.

Project Brutality has some great weapons, but is too overstuffed with content for its own good. I realise that's the point, but Brutal Doom has a better level of balance and focus. At any rate, I burned myself out on Brutal Doom about a year ago and don't see myself playing it again anytime soon.

29 minutes ago, Piper Maru said:

Vanilla Doom.

Same or another mod...

1 hour ago, MarsHappyNation said:

Using Brutal Doom and playing through different maps generated with Oblige is always a good time.

Absolutely.... even if you do get sniper killed by the weakest of enemies. Let's not forget railgun snipers! Just don't even have them.

Edited by geo

I prefer Brutal Doom, though i do like the added bestiary and weapons in PB, besides the BD V21 update that's coming is promising.

3 hours ago, AdirBlaz said:

I'm just wondering what peoples' preference is. I myself like PB.

I don't like BD or PB. Their impact on gameplay is too drastic for the maps I prefer to play.

I haven't tried PB, but considering that I got sick of BD before I could finish any of the IWADs with it, I know it'd just keep me busy for a couple more hours until I get sick of that one as well.

There are a lot of mods I enjoy a lot more, but Vanilla is more than enough for me most of the time.

so, we doing this kind of thing again, huh?

Guncaster.

2 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

I haven't tried PB, but considering that I got sick of BD before I could finish any of the IWADs with it, I know it'd just keep me busy for a couple more hours until I get sick of that one as well.

There are a lot of mods I enjoy a lot more, but Vanilla is more than enough for me most of the time.

There are many mods that can be more fun than BD or PB. And, imho, BD is overrated and overused.

I tend to prefer PB exactly because it's bloated to hell and back. Might as well go all the way, you know.

That said, Trailblazer is love <3

1 hour ago, Trycon said:

The one where it doesn't give Doomguy a cringy voice.

"FUCK YOURSELF"

"GET OFF SCUM"

"GO FUCK YOURSELF!"

2 hours ago, Albertoni said:

That said, Trailblazer is love <3

Trailblazer is life. <3

Also D4T and D4D and Argent are pretty cool too. Also NecroDoom because Doom needs more big stompy mechsuits. Also Doomzone for more class-based stuff.

Edited by Nems : Forgot a mod.

1 hour ago, leodoom85 said:

There are many mods that can be more fun than BD or PB. And, imho, BD is overrated and overused.

To be honest, overrated as heck... Even people use BD to promote Doom itself, or use BD as a representative.

Neither. If I really want some gameplay change mod, I'll go for ComplexDoom, but still, very unlikely.

7 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Even people use BD to promote Doom itself, or use BD as a representative.

Like in YT channels...

Both are too ludicrous and over the top for my taste. I'll stick to classic Doom.

A tough choice for me. Yeah BD is more balanced and less crammed however PB weapons are more satisfying to use imo. However if you enjoyed BD but get tired of it then PB will give you those new weapons, monsters, kills etc. I would never advise someone to play PB until they played BD first.

I hate the cringy taunts too. But I love the kicks, grenades, headshot damage / kills and glory kills