Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Martin Howe

How to contact ZDoom forum admins

Hi All

Due to the recent stuff about spammers and security I understand why ZDoom forum security has been beefed up. However no matter what I do I get repeated requests to solve the CAPTCHA. I want to contact the board admins about this.

However, there is no way to contact the forum admins if you can't log in.

Does anybody know a way to do this?

Send an e-mail to one of the ZDoom mods, i guess.. Afaik, this guy is one of the mods there, so maybe you should e-mail him..

Hello! Cheka is right, I do check in on the Doomworld forums on occasion (I guess I'm kind of the unofficial ZDoom forum ombudsman around here?).

Regarding your issue, there's a few things going on:

- We've had an ongoing series of attempts to brute-force into users' accounts. Because of this, you will probably get a "Too many login attempts" error every time you log in. However, seeing this error message is technically a good thing, because it indicates that the intruder has not managed to actually login as you.

- If you're getting 403 Forbidden or 503 Service Unavailable messages, that is probably our blocking plugin booting you out because it suspects that your IP address hosts a spammer or other online miscreant. While I'm not able to do anything about that directly (I don't have access to the under-the-hood portions of the forum software), I can pass your plight on to Randi, and all I need from you is the IP address that you're coming from (which you can send me via PM if needed).

- If it's been over a year since you last logged in to your account, you might have been "deactivated" to prevent risk to your account - the intruder has a history of targeting older accounts, especially users who haven't posted in a while. If that's the case, I am able to "reactivate" you; I don't actually know what this looks like on the user end, though.

- If you are not able to log in at all, even if you swear your password is correct, please PM me and I'll look over the User Notes and see about resetting your password if it's been tampered with.

[edit] This goes for anybody else here that is having trouble getting into their account at ZDoom Forums. Please drop me a PM here and I (and my co-moderators) will see about getting you back in.

Hi WW. No idea what happened, but I did a normal password reset and it all works now. I have of course changed my password from the default one, logged out and logged back in to check it, and it's all working now.

Thanks!!

MartinHowe said:

Hi WW. No idea what happened, but I did a normal password reset and it all works now. I have of course changed my password from the default one, logged out and logged back in to check it, and it's all working now.

Thanks!!

Good to hear, glad you were able to get past whatever it was. But yeah, any further problems show up, feel free to give me a buzz.

Hey wildweasel, I know I'm not very active in the ZDoom forums but I'd need to have my account reactivated as well, as I'm having problems with a mod and need to ask somebody in the ZDoom forum. My name there is OneDoomedAngelo or the one I'm using here, I can't remember. Only know that my account is deactivated and I need to contact an admin, but to contact one, you need to be logged in which is weird.

Anyways I hope you see this, as this is already over a year old.