Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Searcher

Need a new map for the weekend?

New Map Released

Need a new map for the weekend?

I have just released a new doom2 map. It is part of a series I am working on called Blind Alley. This is my first public release but likely my 30th map.

I plan to release a new one every few weeks until finished. There will seven to nine maps in the Blind Alley series. When the series is complete I intend to combine them.

You won't be hunting for ammo in this one, you may however be hunting for cover. Plenty of ammo is provided for you to RAGE against the monsters. You may be crying however, if you do not find the ssg early. It should be a fun challenge for all but the doom gods. There are some tough but fair fights in there.

The name of the zip is bndalyo.zip and is in new stuff right now.
http://ftp.gamers.org/pub/games/idgames/

Go get it, and clean up the neighborhood.

Feedback and/or demos always appreciated.

I beat it. It didn't last the weekend :p

The one part looked like Map22: The Catacombs

Epyo said:

I beat it. It didn't last the weekend :p

The one part looked like Map22: The Catacombs

I didn't mean it would take all weekend to beat it. Part of it does have the map 22 flavor. I have a great time with it. It was meant to be fun not unbeatable. Replay value and all.

I thought some people might want to try a new one this weekend.

So did you think it was boring or OK or what?

Thanks for checking it out.

I cant judge today. I played for the first time all the way through Dark7, and so I expect any levels I play to be super-detailed

Hey Searcher that's a fun map! I really enjoyed doin' that lmp for you. Great for a quick blast, obviously not super detailed but it hits the spot, nice.:)

magikal said:

Hey Searcher that's a fun map! I really enjoyed doin' that lmp for you. Great for a quick blast, obviously not super detailed but it hits the spot, nice.:)

Magikal thanks. Your demo is great. Looks like you had a blast. Which is of course, why we play the game. You really took it to them.
Thanks.

Opulent said:

Did someone say there was a demo?
/Opulent looks around.
Hi Gene. :)

Actually there are a couple of demos!

Searcher's map is a lot of fun and a real blast to record. He combines a good mix of monsters, constant attacks, and the weaponry to defeat the foe, dust yourself off, and hit the exit.

Beware though, overconfidence can be deadly.

Rich

Opulent said:

Did someone say there was a demo?
/Opulent looks around.
Hi Gene. :)

Opulent
You probably don't want one of my cruddy demos for this map. My times are 16 to 18 minutes and I am sure there are a few guys hangin' around these forums that can do it in 12 minutes or less. In fact, under 11 minutes is a very high bar on this one for 100%. Under 11 minutes would put the player in a very elite group of highly skilled players.

I hope some of the truely gifted players around here send you a demo, and send me one too.

I'd say under 7:30 would be "elite". :)
very fun map to play. all fighting, no waiting.
I liked it a lot. thanks.