Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xyzzу

What's your favorite death animation in any game?

Sniper Elite x-ray cams, Chaingunner's XDeath.

Mm, nice and chunky..

As far as Mortal Kombat fatalities go, I like Ermac's MK9 "Pest Control" the most.

Also, the level 3 bat execution in Manhunt is pretty classic. I also find great joy in killing the soldiers in Metal Slug since they literally pop like balloons!

Gotta love burn deaths. They always felt funny to watch. An example would be Strife's burning death.

8 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Nothing beats Fallout's Lieutenant for sheer unpleasantness.  

r6BSwpJ.gif

Goodness... O_O

6 hours ago, CARRiON said:

As far as Mortal Kombat fatalities go, I like Ermac's MK9 "Pest Control" the most.

Even better is when you use that fatality on Kratos; instead of running around screaming, he just stands there and yells at you XD

12 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I feel like the more physics-dependant games are, the better things get.

FTFY

6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

*Super Mario 64 - Suicide Burned Then Drowned

Triple Kill!

10 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

Add one more for Hitler; shooting his nutsack off in Sniper Elite. If I remember correctly, he also only has one ball in-game.

5 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

I love this one! 

ROFL! That slow motion mechanic the game has makes that moment infinitely better!

Ragdoll deaths are unappealing. Burn and OTP gore death are the best.

But I like it when a ragdoll is falling down to the ground. That's when it looks appealing.

Animation, especially it's voice acting, of player, killed by wasp enemy in Blankblood/Cracklecradle, is mighty good.

Edited by Quadrops

Killing Heretic's golem is the most satisfying thing ever... with the way their flesh gets ripped to shreds and their souls ascend from their bodies. In one of the Heretic maps I designed I deliberately put a tome of power, a deathclaw (?), and a horde of golems close enough that whenever I play it I can rip into them with the secondary fire. mmmmmm

Oh, and

Always liked Hitler's melt-death in Wolfenstein 3D. Also mancubus.

Newer games do localized gibs and gore really well. Killing Floor, L4D2, that sort of thing. L4D2 did really well with blending the local damage, animations, and rag dolls.

Doom 3 had oddly satisfying ragdolls. Felt really solid and heavy. The disappearing enemies were a bit lame, but the noises the imps made were also satisfying...

There wasn't a better way to show the death of scientist in the German Version of Half Life.

7 hours ago, Revae said:

Always liked Hitler's melt-death in Wolfenstein 3D

First killcam ever in a video game :)

On 7/15/2017 at 3:24 PM, Mr. Freeze said:

Nothing beats Fallout's Lieutenant for sheer unpleasantness. 

cant forget the 'critical hit' animation with energy weapons, where human npcs literally turn into goo with there skeleton falling down shortly after...

since i always rolled small guns in fo2, blowing somebody to pieces with shotguns was always satisfying for me (i think fallout gets slept on by most people when regarding how violent it was...)

falloutgundeath.gif

I like the one in Goldeneye 64 where shoot the guy in the face or near the neck and he starts choking on the bullet, it lasts like 30 full seconds for absolutely no reason.

6 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

As simple as it is, the way the grunts die in Quake was always quite satisfying.

What about the zombies when you properly kill them....

crunchy death...

By the way, Fatalities are not included here? Because those are technically death animations.....

Maybe I'm wrong in this one :P

The raptor death in Turok 1 when it vomits a volcano of blood and spins around on the ground, thrashing violently while high pitched screeches turn into low pitched gurgling.