Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lila Feuer

George A. Romero, 'Night of the Living Dead' creator, dies at 77

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-me-george-romero-20170716-story.html

Really lame news. The first zombie anything I ever saw was Day of the Dead when I was 12, and needless to say that and Romero's take on the living dead left a lasting impression on me to this day, for without him there wouldn't be the Resident Evil zombie as we know it, as well as other big titles like Left 4 Dead.

This is very sad news, I grew up on George A. Romero films like Night of The Living Dead, Dawn of The Dead and Day of The Dead. For the longest time I was obsessed with all things zombie. He was truly a big inspiration for many. He'll be dearly missed.

...we no longer have this by the ass. :(

His creations will live on forever as absolute classics. RIP.

Damn, that sucks. I guess I'll spend the rest of the day blowing away zombie brains while wondering what the zombies are supposed to be a metaphor of. Maybe cancer cells that were supposed to kill themselves because of irreparable cell damage.

Fuck cancer.

Man this has been the worst weekend for entertainment news. From Will smith being cast as genie in the live action Aladdin,to the 13th Doctor being a woman and now this? 

That sucks to hear. Guy was an absolute legend and single-handedly created one of the most popular horror subgenres. His legacy will not be forgotten.

1 hour ago, Spooner5020 said:

Man this has been the worst weekend for entertainment news. From Will smith being cast as genie in the live action Aladdin,to the 13th Doctor being a woman and now this? 

Truly the death of western civilization, ISIS outsmarted us by sacrificing Mosul and hitting us where it hurts.

This is really upsetting. His movies were a big reason I wanted to work in the film industry to begin with. He'll be missed, that's for sure.

I really enjoyed Romero's movies, even Diary of the Dead. Rest in peace. :(

Wow that is unexpected indeed. Father of the zombie genre! Time to watch Night and Dawn in his honor (I've never seen Day).

He lived a long life but it still sucks that he had to go. His legendary works will live on!

Think about how different the world would be without this man's reinvention of the word zombie and him bringing the idea of this new zombie to a wider audience.

I absolutely adored his movies, his love of gore, his social commentary that didn't bang you over the head repeatedly, and some of the things that spawned from his zombie like Resident Evil which I hold dear and close. Still torn up about this... :(

And then George was (hopefully not?) a zombie.

As to what zombies are a metaphor for, modern interpretations (as well as some actual contingency plans) have them as stand-ins for violent demonstrators, hordes of illegal immigrants, disgruntled unemployed or strikers or other undesirables.

Edited by Maes

This really sucks, Dawn of the dead is the best zombie movie ever and a damn fine movie. RIP

wow. This hitted me like a Bullet. I don't know what to say... I remember watching "Night of the living Dead" scared and fascinated as a kid... Rest in Peace George.

On 7/16/2017 at 7:15 PM, dethtoll said:

I guess this Friday's movie is Night of the Living Dead.

I just recently watched the remake that Savini did, on Blu-Ray. Holy shit, it looked INCREDIBLE. Like it was made yesterday. The quality was amazing. Slightly off topic, I know. Sorry.