Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Russell_P

What's the first band you ever saw live?

The first band I ever saw was Adam and the Ants at the Brighton Centre (UK). I must've been around 13 at the time, early 1980's (my mum took me, oh the shame of it).

The last band I saw was the Bloodhound Gang. Needless to say my mum didn't come to this gig.

Hoping to see New Model Army in December in London, but I have a horrible feeling it may be sold out already :(

first... metallica. last NIN both kick ass shows. i have been to a local event a few times(hey it has a XXX tent and midget wretling too!)

Goddamn you! And goddamn these mushrooms i'm on!

I was hoping to see Tool percisly one week ago, but I beat up my sister, and my parents wouldn't buy me tickets. Bastards

Tool...about 7 or 8 years ago...I don't remember if it was just before or after aenima got released though. funny, because I've not gone to another concert since....

The first show I went to was a Paul Simon concert when I was like 8 or something. I hadn't been to a concert after that until earlier this year, when I bought tickets to the Flogging Molly concert here in Dallas. Then during the summer I went to the Warped Tour and managed to see about a dozen of the acts there.

Jimmy Hendrix 1970, Isle of White, along with The Who,(my all time fave band)Family, Chicago, Procol Harlem, Joni Mitchell, Tiny Tim (God what a dude)Sly and the Family Stone, Ten years After,Donovan, Moody Blues, Jethro Tull and Joan Baez and one still going strong in Germany Hawkwind, jealous or what guys?

fodders said:

Jimmy Hendrix 1970, Isle of White, along with The Who,(my all time fave band)Family, Chicago, Procol Harlem, Joni Mitchell, Tiny Tim (God what a dude)Sly and the Family Stone, Ten years After,Donovan, Moody Blues, Jethro Tull and Joan Baez and one still going strong in Germany Hawkwind, jealous or what guys?

You got to see hendrix play live? And The Who when they were good? You bet I'm farking jealous

Heh, my dad saw Chicago when they were the house band in the little bar & grill by his college.

It'd be cool to see a local band make it big, and then say "Damn, I was a fan of theirs back when they played Monday nights at Molly Malone's."

heh, the first live show I saw was a bunch of hardcore bands that never made it big. the last live show I saw had destruction and kreator headling. that was about a month ago.

fodders said:

You bet your sweet ass i'm jealous. Stupid mortality >:(

My first concert was Jimmy Buffet, I was arround 6 and my parents back then were huge "parot heads". The last one I saw was a festival during the summer that included papa roach, POD, and tenacious D. I currently have tickets for Mushroomhead and Mudvayne. The End.

I never understood the attraction to consorts. there full of... well... you know... PEOPLE. And I've never been big on any kind of music for that matter. I'd only way I'd go to a consort would be if I had a girlfrend who'd drag me to one, so in other words, never.

Damn cool, Fodders.
My first concert was Bowie???
seen The Who, the Moody Blues, and the Stones in the early eighties.
the show with the most energy was Ozzy's Bark at the Moon tour.
best show I ever saw, by a long shot, was Roger Waters' Pros and Cons tour... although the 1982 show of Rush and Golden Earring was heaven.
concerts suck, btw. :)
and Russell, I'm a HUGE Adam Ant fan -- I think he is one of the very few true musical geniuses, I'm not kidding. but I wouldn't see him live... omg, no, I wouldn't see him live. lol.

The first show I ever saw included: Noise Therapy, 3rd Strike, and Flaw.

I was hoping to see KoRn and Disturbed at the "Pop Sux Tour," but unfortunately my college shedule won't allow.

DEMOn said:

Damn cool, Fodders.
My first concert was Bowie???
I'm a HUGE Adam Ant fan -- I think he is one of the very few true musical geniuses,

Saw the Bowie Glass Spider tour in Manchester 1987, that was good, Adam Ant? :P he has just been found guilty of threatening people in a pub for taking the piss out of his cowboy hat, they kept whistling the theme from The Good The Bad and The Ugly :) Damn guy's a nutter, Paul Bowen, Ant's lawyer, said the singer was now having psychiatric treatment.

fodders said:

Goddamit! I'm go green I'm glowing!

This has got me thinking about the various bands i've seen over the years. Just been compiling a list. These are the ones I can remember so far (in no particular order)...

Adam and the Ants
Motorhead
Hawkwind
IQ
Magnum
UFO
Iron Maiden
Dumpy's Rusty Nuts
A
The Bloodhound Gang
The Tragically Hip
Voice of the Beehive
Sisters of Mercy
Marillion
Fields of the Nephilim
Rory Gallagher
Gary Glitter (long before his unfortunate revelations)

there are others, but i forget. I did once see Johnny Morris doing a one man stage show when i was a kid, he was cool.

Opulent said:

Hawkwind, Marillion? heh, you must be a Brit.

And one with good taste too.

The first three bands I saw live (in the mid-1980s) were Hawkwind, Motorhead and The Ozric Tentacles (yes, before they became famous). I can't remember the order though. I would have seen Marillion first, but they had to cancel. I eventually saw Marillion at the Midtfyns Festival in 1992 - long after Fish had left :(

First gig was Cyclefly supported by Queen Adreena, at the Red Rose Theatre in Rugely, Staffordshire in early 2000.
One of those rare occasions where the support bands make the headliners look like amateurish tosspots.