Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mondobizarrro

I Might start a Doom league

i might start a doom league for a few reasons, the main one is that the DM server HD chodes will die on Zandronum has a lot of activity and i want to start making it more popular than it already is, the unofficial host of this will be Valhalla Game Plays (VGP for short) and a good number of the admins and moderators there like my idea

i want to make a doom league of a mixed bag of players, so that it isn't exclusive to the best of the best, im just looking for a group that can make everyone at least a competent Doomer. i say this because I'm still VERY new to the doom community, and VGP is a relatively new community compared to a few others.

though tournaments may or may not become a thing, some players i know will be better than others, i expect that much.

i want to hear feedback on this but if you are willing to join or have questions you can message me on here or on discord (Mondobizarrro#4575)

Edited by Mondobizarrro : taking constructive critisism

5 minutes ago, Mondobizarrro said:

i want to make a doom league of not entirely competitive doomers, more to the casual members that do it for fun first and competition second

Besides the other obvious problems, this right here means you've already failed.

Just now, Decay said:

Besides the other obvious problems, this right here means you've already failed.

ok, ill take that as criticism, should i make it more competitive?

First and foremost competition is dead, but you don't even know your audience. Random pub players are hardly interested in competition at all, not to mention the instant any decent competitive player joins in they will wipe the floor with them. Retention is very difficult, and I'd advise you look up the people who have (successfully)  run tournaments/leagues in the past, why they are successful or failures, and who played in them.

Just now, Decay said:

First and foremost competition is dead, but you don't even know your audience. Random pub players are hardly interested in competition at all, not to mention the instant any decent competitive player joins in they will wipe the floor with them. Retention is very difficult, and I'd advise you look up the people who have (successfully)  run tournaments/leagues in the past, why they are successful or failures, and who played in them.

thanks for the criticism, i was basically just want to meet new people and run a league based on the new people i encounter, i am still learning and im continuing to learn just from this article

1 hour ago, Mondobizarrro said:

thanks for the criticism, i was basically just want to meet new people and run a league based on the new people i encounter, i am still learning and im continuing to learn just from this article

Hey man, I have been wanting to get a lot better at Deathmatching as well. I play pretty often both on Zandronum servers and Zdaemon as well.

If you are wanting to throw a get together DM session, hit me.

19 minutes ago, Jimp Argon said:

Hey man, I have been wanting to get a lot better at Deathmatching as well. I play pretty often both on Zandronum servers and Zdaemon as well.

If you are wanting to throw a get together DM session, hit me.

hit me up on discord i am on every friday

So, what Maisth is trying to say is he is down to play too. Lets do this sometime soon.

ok, the cluster i am in hosts a friday night fragfest called: HDrambo's Chode Smashing Fridays on HDrambo's server (HDrambo's chodes will die) i am going to start moderating it soon, it is on zandronum and currently running 2.1.2 at the most amount of people on HD chodes i encountered is 18 in game but 11 actively playing

hey man you play what you want but dwango5 is really damn stale imo i dont get why people still care for it at least play dwango12 which is a fair bit better

5 hours ago, Marcaek said:

hey man you play what you want but dwango5 is really damn stale imo i dont get why people still care for it at least play dwango12 which is a fair bit better

Yeah dwango has not aged very well like a moldy bread (same goes for terrible dm sets like gothic) - in fact getting people to play dm is sometimes like pulling teeth. Better off with packs like Exec, DBAB (yeah I'm a shill), or Eon.

Although I love dwango, don't forget other great wads like udm3, udmX, lazarus1j, onslpack, greenwar, classix and many more too. Would be nice to see the wad rotate every few weeks perhaps?

You guys do know that the map pack is going to be updated to have a bunch of classic doom 2 DM maps, it is not going to be dwango 5 much longer, recently

i have been talking to HDrambo about a map rotation system, we host this because he does have Stage IV Brain Cancer. we have been reworking a .pk3 file to contain a new map rotation system to have over 400+ maps to be set to random,

i understand the criticism of Dwango5 i actually have been suggesting the change for weeks before i posted this, i mean sure you guys can deconstruct every post i make with me being bad, but that's just your opinion, an opinion from a new doomer that likes to DM.

Best of luck with your league; any step in the direction of expanding the amount of people playing DM is a step in the right direction to me! Might want to make sure times don't interfere with other events, though :)

My best wishes to HDrambo, that's sad to hear.

31 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Best of luck with your league; any step in the direction of expanding the amount of people playing DM is a step in the right direction to me! Might want to make sure times don't interfere with other events, though :)

My best wishes to HDrambo, that's sad to hear.

he runs dwango 5 on it for the sole reason that he was one of the first moderators from Dwango Houston apparently

Edited by Mondobizarrro : typo

18 hours ago, Mondobizarrro said:

HDrambo's Chode Smashing Fridays on HDrambo's server (HDrambo's chodes will die)

So it's organised by ten year olds.

2 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

So it's organised by ten year olds.

actually no, the guy just had a pretty immature sense of humor, the guy is 53

3 hours ago, Mondobizarrro said:

i mean sure you guys can deconstruct every post i make with me being bad

I don't think anyone's trying to throw shade, just giving suggestions and such. I'm glad you guys are hosting DMs and I hope Rambos doing well considering the cancer issue.. :(

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

I don't think anyone's trying to throw shade, just giving suggestions and such. I'm glad you guys are hosting DMs and I hope Rambos doing well considering the cancer issue.. :(

thanks i was saying that because i noticed it but if you guys do want to check it out i host it around 11pm EST