Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

DOOM Update 6.66 (Multiplayer Only)

Some things I've picken up after a few rounds of multiplayer:

-If you choose to keep all of your unlocks, you keep them, meaning that if you've gone full Echelon 11 and unlocked the Praetor suit, you've literally unlocked everything from the get-go

-The runes still have the same functions as the hack modules, and they actually don't act like perks from CoD. From what I can recall, you can only equip one at a time. 

-You can have up to four different armor customizations at a time, provided you have the prestige levels

-The VEGA announcer voice has been changed; he now sounds heavily distorted, almost as if VEGA himself is being corrupted by Hell's influence

-The announcer now calls out announcements for specific power weapons and powerups

-It may feel difficult to attain a Gold rating, but once you start getting a groove going, it feels surprisingly natural

Good stuff so far. 

Wow, this game made a liar out of me. Found an active FFA Play lobby (Bloodrush is pretty amazing, I have to admit) AND got a gold medal in Deathmatch, both of which based on last night I would have swore would never happen. Also, they fixed the Motion in the Explosion trophy; prior to this update, I had twenty some odd kills with the Kinetic mine but no trophy; I got five last night and it popped. I was a completionist junkie long before trophies and achievements made it an actual thing, except back in the day I just made Excel spreadsheets with different completion goals. Only difference is now I can showcase it to the zero people that care. :P

EDIT: Have encountered a frustrating bug where, after selecting a demon it will spawn you with the Revenant by default. In one match I was going for my last few Cacodemon kills for the trophy so this was rather annoying, but the second time I picked it up (without reselecting my demon) it spawned the Caco. So I dunno; the next match I selected a Spectre and it worked fine. I've only encountered this glitch twice.

Edited by Johnatone

Say goodbye to combat shotgun, now I'm not interesting to use this weak shit anymore. Only SSG, only hardcore! When I'm playing with my new favorite combination it feels like I'm butcher or something! Really wow. BDIZSHSHSH! *sounds of dripping bowels and blood* >:E

I'm more happy with runes and useless hack modules too. It's really BETTER.

Noobs now more agressive with rebalanced guns. But after day it's still doesn't matter at all for me. I'm fragging, fragging, fragging them by tons! Now Doom is simplier to understand, more friendly for players, but it's still Doom. Because really agressive must be only PiZz4! :D

Vortex isn't same anymore, you can't hit by -84 percent for ~2,5 seconds. Without charge it's only -20 hp in body. Competely diffenent gun, more mobile. But I need to learn how to use it maximally effective. In this situation more simplier Static Rifle looks better. But with assault rifle vortex still can be really dangerous too.

Vortex was amazing gun to kill goddamn Demon's Rune, but now I better use teleport with RL+SSG to kill the demon for maximum damage per second rate.

I must record some videos for few days. Check my channel at sunday. ;)

13 hours ago, Caffeine Freak said:

Oh, and the update seems to somehow have disabled the pickup from one of the upgrade drones I placed in the map, which will make it a hell of a lot harder to complete. Fucking great. 

Don't you just love when devs change behavior a map might depend on?

7 hours ago, Nevander said:

Don't you just love when devs change behavior a map might depend on?

I'm actually not sure about this now. I re-tested it again yesterday, and it worked. *Maybe* it was just some sort of once in a while glitch that happened to affect my first test right after the update. I hope so, anyway.

Forgive the audio but it seems id fixed pathing for most (excluding pinkies) AI on blocking volumes so we can make 3d maps now and not be restricted to ranged enemies

8 hours ago, Jaxxoon R said:

it's odd how they didn't bring more attention to that in the patch notes.

No it's not, it's perfectly normal. Devs these days don't tell you what they changed or what they plan to change. Not to go off on a rant but I'd respect game developers a lot more if they were all more talkative with their fanbase. *Cough* Valve *cough*

4 hours ago, Nevander said:

Not to go off on a rant but I'd respect game developers a lot more if they were all more talkative with their fanbase. *Cough* Valve *cough*

Bungie is pretty active in flat out lying and misdirecting their fanbase. So there's that. Either that or they're incomptent. I think D.

EDIT: Sony is pretty bad with their firmware updates. Usually its simply "Software update to improve system stability and performance" or something like that, and even digging online comes up with the same thing. Unless they add or take away features, which is rare, they don't tell you squat.

Edited by Johnatone

20 hours ago, bloodshot said:

Forgive the audio but it seems id fixed pathing for most (excluding pinkies) AI on blocking volumes so we can make 3d maps now and not be restricted to ranged enemies

Time to give SnapMap another shot methinks!

15 hours ago, Nevander said:

No it's not, it's perfectly normal. Devs these days don't tell you what they changed or what they plan to change. Not to go off on a rant but I'd respect game developers a lot more if they were all more talkative with their fanbase. *Cough* Valve *cough*

It's odd considering how thorough id has been with Snapmap changes up to this point.

On 7/21/2017 at 9:18 PM, bloodshot said:

I'm not so sure about that. I'm remaking some levels from older games using blocking boxes, and melee-only enemies will just stand there. They won't attack unless you get close to them.

Also, they STILL haven't fixed the Lost Souls being unable to attack other demons.

On 7/19/2017 at 10:00 PM, Johnatone said:

(I did buy two copies of the CE ((one PC and one PS4)) and a standard edition at full price ((because in order to play with my ex-wife, we both had to have a copy plus our own PS4 plus our own PS+ subscription...man, console gaming is the worst these days but meh))).

You play MP with your ex-wife?

I love fantasizing about ripping and tearing a grotesque evil monstrous demon... but enough about my ex wife !!!

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:21 AM, Man of Doom said:

-The announcer now calls out announcements for specific power weapons and powerups

I'm honestly in two minds about this one. Somehow I feel like it makes finding and getting those powerups too easy in a way, but at the same time, it is actually a useful addition, especially for beginners.

7 hours ago, TheGamePhilosophe said:

You play MP with your ex-wife?

Not anymore, thus the "ex" part. But she gave up on Doom rather quickly. She was never a big fan of FPS in general; she was able to get into Destiny fairly easily (very colorful, and like Halo it's an FPS with training wheels), Titanfall 2 (enemies are highlighted orange, making them stand out, and having the Titan to rely on helped her a lot), but Doom (even though the enemy is always white) was a bit fast paced for her. She won't even talk to me anymore and I'm blocked on everything, which is just as well because now I have zero reason to buy Destiny 2, thus saving me money, time and a massive headache dealing with Bungie's lies (and also hers, but that's neither here nor there.)

I do miss having a partner that was also a gaming partner though. Meh, plenty of fish in the sea or something. Just gotta find one with her own PS4 again that isn't a "gamer girl" (the ones you see on PSN's "Players You May Know" with obvious bait names that have 0% on all their trophies, meaning they put the disc in and started the game up, and that's it, yet have a hundred friends on PSN.)

Legal bullshit that ties you together and complicates other matters. Haha, good one! How about if you stop loving the person you just leave?

Just recently bought Doom 2016 for 15 bucks for PS4(sadly can't run it on my 4 year old PC because my GPU is too weak to where both the beta & demo ran under an unplayable 10 fps). Going to give the single player campaign a try since I've heard great things about it and mess with the snapmap editor.

Also have they ever made a classic "pick up weapons" mode in mutiplayer because I wasn't a fan of the loadout weapon system from my Alpha/beta experience. 

This game really need third gun in loadout. Dot. Two guns on wheel and one on button.

On 7/28/2017 at 4:29 PM, TheGamePhilosophe said:

They say marriage is a three-ring circus.

First you got the engagement ring. Then you got the wedding ring. And finally, the suffering.

Don't forget this one: there's the law, and then there's your mother-in-law. Which one do you hate dealing with the most?

Edited by ATP2555

I'm afraid I gave up on Snapmap again- I had a grand idea of building a custom geometry level which took advantage of the improved monster pathing on blocking volumes and props, but it was still a big struggle to get good results with it.  The hack (attach a target to a monster spawner to make the monster spawner float) led to much trial and error due to the spawner often appearing just underneath the ground or well above the surface.

You know how they say they fixed and/or resolved various freezing and crash bugs in SnapMap? It's a total fucking lie! Many of the CustomGeo maps I play still freeze when blocking boxes appear or disappear. They didn't fix shit!

8 hours ago, ATP2555 said:

You know how they say they fixed and/or resolved various freezing and crash bugs in SnapMap? It's a total fucking lie! Many of the CustomGeo maps I play still freeze when blocking boxes appear or disappear. They didn't fix shit!

Did they (id) claim they fixed freeze bugs in Snapmap? I honestly don't remember hearing about that.