Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Looking for the author of a .gif

MsUuosq.gif

Just looking for the creator of this gif to credit them and hopefully permission to use. I am about to start a Classic Doom playthrough on my youtube channel, and wish to use this gif in the Doom video introductions.

And while we are at it, I might possibly use this one as well, so credit and permissions for this one too. But mostly the first one.

93Wko2I.gif

Thanks peeps. Love your work.

Edited by bLOCKbOYgAMES

That music was awesome. Sounds like Andrew Hulshult's work. Can you link to the original. Nice combination.

I don't believe there could be any copyright on a meme. On my opinion, it would be completely unnecessary to give credit. Like every meme out there, you can't track the original author because people share it so much.

Every piece of media made by a person is instantly copyrighted at the moment it is affixed in some permanent form (e.g. saved).

The earliest instance of the doomguy shuffle GIF I can find is from http://ahahahahripntear.ytmnd.com which appears to be from Jan 8 2014. It says it was taken from a pics thread on Facepunch, and who knows where it was stolen for there. Tumblr maybe?

32 minutes ago, Linguica said:

Every piece of media made by a person is instantly copyrighted at the moment it is affixed in some permanent form (e.g. saved).

The earliest instance of the doomguy shuffle GIF I can find is from http://ahahahahripntear.ytmnd.com which appears to be from Jan 8 2014. It says it was taken from a pics thread on Facepunch, and who knows where it was stolen for there. Tumblr maybe?

If I could wager a guess, the Doom threads on 4chan's /vr/ board. A lot of the Doom meme images/gifs tend to come from there.

I figured if anyone knew where these came from, it would be someone on these forums. I had kind of assumed that the person who made these would be someone like Scuba Steve or someone known in the Dooming community. But it seems that the source is untraceable. Thanks for the replies and the help. Appreciated.

The video in question: Shameless but subtle promotion ahoy.

All sources quoted where possible. Any errors in commentary are mine alone.