Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TootsyBowl

The megawad/mod of your dreams

If your dream has already been achieved, feel free to post it. Otherwise, go ahead and fantasize about the map pack or mod that you want but is technically unfeasible or takes too much time and effort.

inb4 vanilla doom best doom

I want an epic 32 level mapset of overly complicated non-linear levels where one wrong step and you'll be lost in no time, also all SFX and music must be replaced with D_Runnin.

I just wish someone would make a gameplay mod that allows you to play as fast food mascots, such as Ronald McDonald, Colonel Sanders and Wendy. 

I want a 32-level megawad of realistic cities. Doom 2 city maps I find to have aged horribly and I need something to play with brutal doom that replicates it even better, since Sgt Mark IV's Extermination Day has been in development hell for a bit.

I actually would want a Pre-quel/Sequel to Doom that is not focused on Doomguy's adventure but instead of whats happening in Earth instead while he is fighting demons in Mars, Hell ,etc, kinda like the scrapped idea of the original Doom 4

3 hours ago, Ajora said:

I just wish someone would make a gameplay mod that allows you to play as fast food mascots, such as Ronald McDonald, Colonel Sanders and Wendy. 

Action Half-Life has a great map where one team is Colonel Sanders and the other team is Ronald McDonald, set inside a McDonalds-ish restaurant. Fun map!

Judge Dredd has a great bit from the early 80s with evil versions of Ronald McDonald (even more evil!) and whatnot on the loose.

Plutonia ReRevisited: Community Project 2

Ask me again in a week and I'll probably want something else.

MegaWAD of my dreams: something exceeding 32 maps of nothing but megamaps. I know most folks don't care for that and that's understandable. However, I like those kinds of long endurance runs, massive adventures that last for hours.

Mod of my dreams: Just D4D/D4T/Argent also working with Heretic and Hexen. Having the Doomslayer punch the shit out of D'Sparil and Korax would make my day. :P

Titan Fall & Dishonored mods. Also a wicked awesome neon 80's style city megawad. (Similar in style to Ancient Aliens but with 80's themed stuff & neon colored city maps.) You know..... Like this.

80s-Style.jpg.b443739d7c082071f852bf9856e1e169.jpg

More maps in the theme of Ancient Aliens map 24. Or just more megawads like Ancient Aliens and Sunlust in general, with new texture sets and unique settings. Supplice looks like it will do nicely.

@Jimp Argon, you know that's actually happening, right?

25 minutes ago, Not Jabba said:

@Jimp Argon, you know that's actually happening, right?

Ya, I remember seeing a post about it in 2016.

I also know there is a Dishonored mod for GZ Doom by Lud. But Its not to my expectations.

Also this is in the works, but who knows if it will get released or abandoned. (like so many other mods/tc's on moddb.)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/titanfall-mod-for-doom

7 hours ago, Maisth said:

I want a WAD Where you are the bad guy instead of the good guy

UAC Rebellion kinda-sorta counts. You play as an unhinged UAC marine who kills thousands of your own men, who are ignorant of just how evil the UAC is, to ultimately save humanity. If you like oldschool mapping it might satisfy.

A mapset made entirely of maps with challenging fast-paced gameplay, truly non-linear progression, semi-realistic architecture and detailing, lots of non-orthogonal angles, colorful texturing, upbeat music, unique fun ideas, and at least half of the maps taking between 30-60 minutes to play and finish with 100% stats (the remaining maps may be either shorter or longer).

Edited by scifista42

Basically STRAIN for the current age. Extensive DeHackEd and clever gimmicky maps, but better looking and less dud maps.

7 hours ago, Bernie said:

I want a 32-level megawad of realistic cities. Doom 2 city maps I find to have aged horribly and I need something to play with brutal doom that replicates it even better, since Sgt Mark IV's Extermination Day has been in development hell for a bit.

Can I recommend Hellbound? Be prepared for some slightly sloggy gameplay, but hoooo boy the visuals are a treat.

EDIT: Also it's not ALL cities but the ones that are cities are the best-looking ones in the set.

21 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Can I recommend Hellbound? Be prepared for some slightly sloggy gameplay, but hoooo boy the visuals are a treat.

EDIT: Also it's not ALL cities but the ones that are cities are the best-looking ones in the set.

Oh boy. Hellbound with Brutal Doom? Say goodbye to your framerate.

A truly worthy spiritual successor to the Memento Moris/Requiem/Alien Vendetta. New textures mixed in with some stock textures, new music, a decent progression of enemies and weapons being revealed as you make your way through the maps (as in no immediately intimidating enemies like the arch-vile or revenants appearing too early in the megawad). Also decent Id-sized maps with maybe a couple or few large ones, but not even large in the way most people probably define it today; more along the lines of the bigger maps of the first Memento Mori, I'd say. What I like about maps that are neither too small or large is some of them can be beaten quickly if you know where to go, or they can take a good amount of time to explore without being too sprawling in design if you decide to go for 100%. That's one of the qualities I really love about the first Memento Mori even today, so it just kind of works both ways for me to play it however I like. All of this while being a vanilla megawad because I like to be able to play it in pretty much any sourceport.

11 minutes ago, valkiriforce said:

A truly worthy spiritual successor to the Memento Moris/Requiem/Alien Vendetta. New textures mixed in with some stock textures, new music, a decent progression of enemies and weapons being revealed as you make your way through the maps (as in no immediately intimidating enemies like the arch-vile or revenants appearing too early in the megawad). Also decent Id-sized maps with maybe a couple or few large ones, but not even large in the way most people probably define it today; more along the lines of the bigger maps of the first Memento Mori, I'd say. What I like about maps that are neither too small or large is some of them can be beaten quickly if you know where to go, or they can take a good amount of time to explore without being too sprawling in design if you decide to go for 100%. That's one of the qualities I really love about the first Memento Mori even today, so it just kind of works both ways for me to play it however I like. All of this while being a vanilla megawad because I like to be able to play it in pretty much any sourceport.

Hmmm...actually, a sequel or a sort of remake of those wads (MM, Rebirth, TVR, AV, Requiem, Darkening, Scythe, Suspended in Dusk and many others) would be great...

Hmm, actually, if there was a Doom megawad that has all sorts of maps, sections and stuff from many dreams I had, Doom related or horror game related, then I'd play that shit. I imagine something like a modern game, including all enhanced Doom monsters and some others based on creatures I'm scared of, say bees, cockroaches (not scared of these ones, but eww them). Adventure/action maps, practically everything set up like Doom, but an environment like in Left 4 Dead. And to conclude, an ultra-secret unbeatable monster placed in an ultra-secret portion of a regular map, meant to be found only by pure coincidence (like two archie-jumps or climbing buildings), and this monster is based on the same one I dreamed once, with the intention of scare even the bravest player in the world, and crash the game before you can even see it :D 

Back to reality, I would like an Heretic 32-megawad or NGM2 with Heretic features. Dreaming is free. 

When I was a little kid, I always wanted to play a trilogy of vanilla megawads with a connected story, difficulty progression, and shared assets. As an adult, it makes me really happy that BTSX is essentially this.

i always dream about big one-mega-map WAD where the gameplay is absolutely nonlinear and open world and the objectives can be made in any order and has some sort of rpg and crafting system and so much gore in the kills and canibalistic and morbid brutal murder fest.