Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peach freak

Plutonia 2 Map19 BFG

There is this BFG in Map19 of Plutonia 2 that doesn't appear to be accessible. It sits on this window that's pretty high up in the southwest corner of the map. It only appears on Multiplayer but there isn't a deathmatch start up there. There is no tag or anything on the sector. I tried strafe-running from the level's starting area and wasn't able to reach it.

Unless this is some mapping error, how do you get up there? A rocket jump if you're playing on ZDoom or something?

Screenshot_Doom_20170717_005552.png

Are you playing on co-op or single player? I don't think there is one in single-player mode.

Here's my run of that map if you (or anyone) want(s) to check it out:

Yeah, you can strafejump there, and it will probably take you a LOT of attempts. :)

3 hours ago, Lingyan203 said:

Are you playing on co-op or single player? I don't think there is one in single-player mode.

Here's my run of that map if you (or anyone) want(s) to check it out:

Correct, it's flagged to only appear on Multi-player. Nothing is up there on single player.

I figured you needed to strafe-run up there, but that looks incredibly difficult. Would you need to strafe-run through the door or could you start from the candelabra?

Speaking of hard to reach strafe-run places in Plutonia 2, there's this Invincibility Sphere in Map17 (in a pit behind a Mancubus near the exit) that's almost impossible to reach. You need to strafe-run (and I've seen a video of it), but I haven't been able to get across the small pit and onto the ledge to get back there.

Did you try doing the jumps with SR50 or just SR40?

I think both jumps would be rather difficult to do with just SR40 (or maybe that's just me too used to SR50). With SR50 and a decent enough angle, not so much.

Yeah, I believe you need to straferun through the door, not enough run-up jumping from the candelabra. Here's a little demonstration:

6 hours ago, peach freak said:

Correct, it's flagged to only appear on Multi-player. Nothing is up there on single player.

I figured you needed to strafe-run up there, but that looks incredibly difficult. Would you need to strafe-run through the door or could you start from the candelabra?

Speaking of hard to reach strafe-run places in Plutonia 2, there's this Invincibility Sphere in Map17 (in a pit behind a Mancubus near the exit) that's almost impossible to reach. You need to strafe-run (and I've seen a video of it), but I haven't been able to get across the small pit and onto the ledge to get back there.

There's also an Invulnerability sphere on Map23 that requires strafe-running to get there. Unfortunately I couldn't reach the invulnerability spheres on neither map17 nor map23 back when I played and recorded them.

If anybody wants to check out my runs for map17 and 23, here they are:

Cheers!