Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

As I see it, if you want to participate in this highly competitive market you need a unique vision and a strong drive/driver (and even that isn't enough!). Obviously these guys have that for the single-player campaign, but they don't for multi-player. A half-assed outsourcing deal is most likely going to produce a half-assed MP component.

1 hour ago, Coopersville said:

Loved the trailer. Another must-buy unsurprisingly. 

Gonna pre-order soon. I have a feeling this will be a trend for all upcoming Id-related games.

this looks awesome, but i'm gonna wait for it to get old and buy it for cheap. it did influence me to order TNO and TOB though so i'm really looking forward to getting those soon.

Quite a bump, but we get to see more of that "milkshake" scene.

Seriously, there's so much attention to detail in this one scene alone. 

Ya, this looks so good. I'm so Glad Machine games have Been working the Wolfenstein series. Seeing The people that came over from starbreeze to create such a great team is wonderful. I still remember Escape from Butcher bay with great fondness. Studios like this are keeping the single player FPS market healthy as ever.

Personally, I was baffled to find a season pass for a game that seems exclusively focused on a single-player campaign. 

Then it turns out that it's for THREE expansion packs (I believe).

Well, at least it's not for multiplayer weapons/maps/skins/etc. so this actually makes some sense. 

Good stuff. 

This looks good. I probably need a new gfx card (and time)

Was really hoping this game would have some longevity to it, so I'm actually weirdly happy there's a season pass.

I'm going to assume each DLC mission is half as long as Old Blood, which I'm still all for.

I'm also assuming the pre order mission is even shorter, but more Machinegames Wolfenstein is good by me.

So gameplay videos have been popping up across YouTube, and it looks glorious. 

Both of these videos contain minor spoilers. 

This game is already looking to be GOTY material already. 

On mercredi 14 juin 2017 at 9:13 AM, DooM_RO said:

Idk, he seems to regard them as subhumans the same way Nazis regarded Jews as subhumans. Had he been born in Germany instead of America he would probably have been a Nazi. He's violent, simple-minded, follows orders without question and treats the "other" as subhuman.

They addressed this point in-game:

On 7/29/2017 at 3:48 PM, Gez said:

They addressed this point in-game:

I get what they're doing but those are caricatures. What they are saying is surreal but I'm sure there were actual people like that. It would be interesting to explore how people come to believe and say such things. I am more interested in what the average Joe thought and felt about the war. I'm talking about the 18 year old conscript who's not really sure why he's there. It would be interesting to see a story about how such a person goes from studying in high school and caring only about comic books to becoming either broken and nihilistic from his experiences, see how he comes to believe in this ideology or see how he uses the power behind him to get revenge on humanity. They could even tell a story about a naive high-schooler who buys in the romantic side of Nazism only to discover that he's been led by the nose and see what people on both sides are capable of. In short, I would like to see something a bit more human. I would really like to see a German perspective for once, similar to what they did in Tie Fighter and what they are doing in Battlefront 2. I think it would be very original.

Alternatively, I'm sure the Nazis would conscript American youths to serve as cannon fodder. I wonder how BJ would feel about having to kill American soldiers, particularly young ones like Wyatt. 

1 minute ago, Captain red pants said:

That might be an interesting idea for a game that's not the fifth (sixth?) entry in the Wolfenstein franchise.

Countin every standalone title as a separate entry, it's the thirteenth. If you don't count expansions (even if they were released as standalone games, like Enemy Territory and The Old Blood) then it's the ninth. To get it as low as the fifth, you have to ignore the Muse titles, the RPG mobile spinoff, and Spear of Destiny as well as ET and TOB.

1. Castle Wolfenstein (Muse Software)

2. Beyond Castle Wolfenstein (Muse Software)

3. Wolfenstein 3D (id Software)

4. Spear of Destiny (id Software)

• Spear of Destiny Mission Pack: Return to Danger (FormGen)
    • Spear of Destiny Mission Pack: The Ultimate Challenge (FormGen)

5. Wolfenstein RPG (id Software/Fountainhead Entertainment)

6. Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Gray Matter Interactive/Nerve Software/Splash Damage)

• Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (Splash Damage)

7. Wolfenstein 2009 (Raven Software/Pi Studios/Endrant Studios)

8. Wolfenstein: The New Order (MachineGames)

• Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (MachineGames)

9. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (MachineGames)

Huh. Some of that holes in my wolf lore are forgivable but forgetting about the original Castle Wolfenstein games and Enemy Territory is quite embarrassing

The shown gameplay looks really great. It appears to be more dynamic or faster than TNO.

Does anybody know if it was PC or console footage? Some gameplay videos show that you have to push the X or [] button to pick something up while in other videos it says push E.

And what happened to Frau Engel? Why is her face like new?

12 hours ago, Otus said:

And what happened to Frau Engel? Why is her face like new?

Close ups reveal her face is scarred from multiple surgeries to repair her jaw.

13 hours ago, Otus said:

The shown gameplay looks really great. It appears to be more dynamic or faster than TNO.

Does anybody know if it was PC or console footage? Some gameplay videos show that you have to push the X or [] button to pick something up while in other videos it says push E.

It looked like PS4 footage to me. It has both the X and [] buttons. And I noticed the aiming was rather jerky, like they were using a controller instead of a mouse. The game itself still ran really smoothly which is good news; but when you have a clear shot at the head, then you jerk too far down and to the right and then move the entire character left to shoot them in the abdomen it screams console. I can watch people play PC FPS games and enjoy it, but I cringe watching even really good players play console FPS games. It still just seems unnatural to me.

6 hours ago, YukiHerz said:

How dare people use the controls and schemes they prefer!?

I didn't say it was wrong, I just said it's hard for me to watch. It gives me a feeling akin to motion sickness when I watch people jerking the screen around with a controller.

How dare you tell me how I should feel watching a video?

Gee how dare you correct my smug remark!

Perhaps I'm too used to controller aim to really notice that effect, but i get a similar problem when watching a video of a fast paced fps, with the player using a mouse, since they tend to twitch the mouse around to keep a constant watch on the sides.

10 hours ago, YukiHerz said:

Gee how dare you correct my smug remark!

Perhaps I'm too used to controller aim to really notice that effect, but i get a similar problem when watching a video of a fast paced fps, with the player using a mouse, since they tend to twitch the mouse around to keep a constant watch on the sides.

I understand that, different strokes for different folks. I have nothing against people who use controllers, I've been playing console games since 1991 and it's nice to sit down on a couch and play a game. There was a period from 2007-2012 that I played games almost exclusively on 360. Mainly because I couldn't afford a better computer at that point; but the entire time I kept thinking "I really wish I could use a mouse and keyboard on this". Mouse and keyboard is rubbish on a platformer, side-scroller or racing game, and I'll hook up a controller if I want to play them. But for FPS, or even a third person game that requires precise shooting (Max Payne and the new Tomb Raiders come to mind) I prefer to use mouse and keyboard.

But yes, watching someone play an FPS with a controller makes me sick. Not sick in that it's an affront to how I feel games should be played, it just makes me nauseous. I can play them myself with a controller, but I have a hard time watching someone else play them.

MY MAN WILLAM (because calling him BJ sounds... uh, well, you got the idea) SHOOTING NAZIS ON A FUCKING WHEELCHAIR FUCK YEAH!

In all seriousness, I'm buying this on ps4 when it arrive on my local game shop soon :D

still can't get over my man Jimi Hendrix death on the first game :(