Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LORD DEATH

Are there any plans for a Brutal Doom for Doom 2016?

I really enjoyed the new Doom and I also played and loved the Brutal Doom mod for the Classic Doom. It would be pretty awesome to see a Brutal Doom mod come out for the new Doom. Has anyone suggested this or seen anyone make plans for this?

Who cares about Brutal Doom for Doom (2016), where is modern version of Imp Encounter. Priorities, people!

There is already so much gore and variety in the death animations, not to mention the multiple uses for nearly every weapon, that nothing would be accomplished by Brutal-izing it. The only thing Doom '16 needs is a better disintegration animation, and for corpses to linger a bit longer before vanishing.

What does "Brutal Doom for X" mean other than adding an obnoxious fanbase, a ton of mismatched content sourced here and there without regard for coherent art direction, and a ton of bugs and incompatibilities with any other existing mod?

45 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

The only thing Doom '16 needs is a better disintegration animation, and for corpses to linger a bit longer before vanishing.

Personally, I've been stuck with either one of two options:

The corpses of smaller enemies are more likely to remain indefinitely, while the corpses of larger enemies are more likely to disappear (Wolf:TNO)

Only the corpses of larger, rarer boss-type enemies remain (RE4/RE5)

Only when a certain number of corpses has been generated, will some corpses despawn (Bioshock)

As for the disintegration animation, it does seem more like an afterthought in the SP campaign, as there's clearly more effort for the vanishing corpses of demons in multiplayer. 

A pity that The New Colossus will likely feature lasting corpses, but Doom 2016 won't. Oh well, not like it's magically going to be fixed up in a patch/update.

Are you out of your mind? DOOM '16 *already* uses influences from Brutal Doom..

11 hours ago, Glaice said:

Are you out of your mind? DOOM '16 *already* uses influences from Brutal Doom..

Brutal Doom 2016 will therefore make a brutal game even more brutal! That's like twice the brutality! 

I'm kidding 

Not every game needs to be "BRUTALIZED". :I

That includes Doom 2016, which is just the right amount of brutal, in my opinion.

Being able to kill every enemy in the game with one shotgun blast sounds more comedic than "brutal."

I doubt it, but since Doom 2016 its pretty similar to Brutal Doom it wouldn't make a difference

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

I'm still waiting for Brutal Hovertank 3D.

That's good and all but I would be more keen on project hover brutality 3d. More stuff going on, ya know?

9 hours ago, TacoTurtle said:

Why did you post a picture of Kim Kardashian?

That ass is too smooth and shapely to be Kim's!

(This post brought to you by TMZ)

33 minutes ago, TootsyBowl said:

Brutal brutal brutal doom

Brutal brutal brutal brutal doom :'^)

Making a over a top violence mod for a game and slap a "brutal" word on its name doesn't make the game itself better - gggman reviews on Brutal Half Life 

Or something like that. So no. Considering there's no mod support for Doom '16 yet. Even so you have to pay for it Thanks to creation club. 

46 minutes ago, Mikami41 said:

Brutal brutal brutal brutal doom :'^)

Brutal brutal brutal brutal brutal.

That's right. It's so fucking brutal it's not even Doom anymore.