Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom4Ever

how to install the doom 64 absolution source port

Hello to everyone

recently I got noticed that there is a source for doom 64 absolution which is located in here http://www.doom2.net/doomdepot/abs-download.html.

is there a chance someone in here will explain to me how to locate it correctly in the game directory.?

I want to add that I am not using jdoom nor doomsday engine so for that reason I deleted all the doomsday and Jdoom files.

many thanks for the helpers

Doom 64 Absolution is based off of a very outdated version of JDoom/Doomsday... so if by saying you deleted JDoom/Doomsday files you meant what came with the game package than the game simply won't run. For the record, it won't load on the latest versions of JDoom/Doomsday either.

Aside from the exclusive levels, there are far better options to get your Doom 64 fix. If you want to run Doom 64 in a modern Doom source port, there's Doom 64 Retribution for GZDoom found here. If you have the original Doom 64 rom, you could use Doom64 EX (found here) which is the closest to the original you can get as of this writing without directly emulating the rom with a Nintendo 64 emulator or putting in a Doom 64 cartridge into a real N64.

First of all many thanks for your help

in order to play the game I use the abstin file from mode db http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/doom64-absolution-tc

the jdoom and doomsday files I spoke about were all came from the source port from here: http://www.doom2.net/doomdepot/abs-download.html

if there is a chance you know exactly how to locate the source port files in the game folder I will be more than happy to know.

Forget about the Absolution mod and use the Retribution mod posted above. With the GZDoom source port.

+1 Doom 64 Retribution on GZDoom. Wait a little longer, and you'll get an extra episode that connects Doom 64 and Doom 2016.

If you can wait, there's also another Doom 64 GZDoom project in progress.

On 7/22/2017 at 1:02 PM, Danfun64 said:

Aside from the exclusive levels, there are far better options to get your Doom 64 fix. If you want to run Doom 64 in a modern Doom source port, there's Doom 64 Retribution for GZDoom found here.

They won't be exclusive for very long. :)

1 hour ago, VGA said:

Forget about the Absolution mod and use the Retribution mod posted above. With the GZDoom source port.

33 minutes ago, Voros said:

+1 Doom 64 Retribution on GZDoom. Wait a little longer, and you'll get an extra episode that connects Doom 64 and Doom 2016.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really need to get on the ball with my episode. Been seriously slacking but I really want to get things done. Every time I hear my mod be recommended it helps my drive to do so. I will work on some maps today. :)

When I downloaded Absolution, all I did was put a copy of doom2.wad and the music WAD provided on the website, alongside the exe. I found it annoying that I needed the music WAD too. Just saying.