Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question

So when I was working in Doom Builder 2, I recently had a bug or something. Let's say I make a room, I put the player and then run it. It runs perfectly. But when I add something, an enemy or item or anything, It just goes to 1 FPS. Why does that happen? I don't know.

Specs: Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II P320 Dual-Core Processor 2.10 GHz

64-bit System

Memory (RAM): 2.00 GO

Windows 7 Ultimate

If you had this bug or something, please reply.

28 answers to this question

Oh nevermind I just fixed the problem. It was ZDoom. What I mean by that is that older versions of ZDoom work with Doom Builder 2. The newer one just lags in Doom Builder 2.

1 minute ago, DoomFan2000 said:

So when I was working in Doom Builder 2, I recently had a bug or something. Let's say I make a room, I put the player and then run it. It runs perfectly. But when I add something, an enemy or item or anything, It just goes to 1 FPS. Why does that happen? I don't know.

Specs: Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II P320 Dual-Core Processor 2.10 GHz

64-bit System

Memory (RAM): 2.00 GO

Windows 7 Ultimate

If you had this bug or something, please reply.

We have similar processors. I'm guess that you're using the Integrated Graphics on the chip. This will not do in GZDoom 2.0+ in Hardware mode. You'll have better luck with a dedicated graphics card.

Which port are you using?

Just now, everennui said:

We have similar processors. I'm guess that you're using the Integrated Graphics on the chip. This will not do in GZDoom 2.0+ in Hardware mode. You'll have better luck with a dedicated graphics card.

Which port are you using?

I'm running ZDoom with Doom 2.

Have you made other maps? ...and if so did you have this problem before?

Yes I did make test maps, I didn't have this problem before.

Maybe link your map and I'll take a look at it.

And...uhh....I still didn't make wads of the test maps.

13 minutes ago, everennui said:

Try copying the map. Open up a new Doom Builder 2 and paste it in the new one. then test that.

I think I know what was the problem. Maybe loading the resourc- Oh wait it's not. It still runs like crap.

That file appears to be a .dbs file. It should be a .wad or .pk3 file. I don't actually use Doom Builder myself, but I couldn't get it open in GZDoom Builder... even if I changed the file extension to .wad.

6 hours ago, DoomFan2000 said:

Anyone here?

You posted this only half an hour after posting your zip file. Don't be so impatient, it's normal to have to wait a few days for a reply. Also yeah, your zip file only contains your editor's config file, not the file with your map.

9 hours ago, everennui said:

That file appears to be a .dbs file. It should be a .wad or .pk3 file. I don't actually use Doom Builder myself, but I couldn't get it open in GZDoom Builder... even if I changed the file extension to .wad.

Alright here's the right one TestForLaggyCrap.zip

10 minutes ago, DoomFan2000 said:

Oh nevermind I just fixed the problem. It was ZDoom. What I mean by that is that older versions of ZDoom work with Doom Builder 2. The newer one just lags in Doom Builder 2.

It's time to mark the best answer and move on if you found solution.