Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fuzzball

What would Doom smell like?

Time to post a topic with a bizarre theme! You knew it was coming~ :P

What WOULD the various things in Doom smell like, from the places, the things to the monsters- would E1M3 stink of Chemicals? Episode 4 reek of flesh and burning? Do Cacodemons smell like the tomatoes they appear to be?!

"IT STINKS LIKE ROTTEN MEAT, BUT LOOKS LIKE THE LOST DEIMOS BASE."

"THE HEAPS OF MONSTER CORPSES START TO EVAPORATE ALONG WITH THE EVIL STENCH THAT FILLED THE AIR."

Here are the official words:

It stinks like rotten meat, but looks like the lost Deimos base.

The vista opening ahead looks real damn familiar. Smells familiar, too like -- fried excrement.

So there you go. Festering flesh and fried feces. Yummy!

I love the smell of blood, fresh meat and mechanical limbs in the morning....

-Doomguy

It would smell like a base in Deimos that has demons in it ;P

Shit, Burning shit, Half-Digested shit, Fully digested shit, Shit covered in blood, Shit covered in shit, Shit covered in oil, Burned shit, Rotten shit, Man covered in sweat and shit, Demons that smell like shit, Demon machinery that reeks like shit. TL;DR Buy our Perfume today only at UAC! 50% off if you buy more than 6, you will need them! NO REFUNDS IN CASE YOU DISLIKE THE SMELL. 

Don't you know that every demon is hypersensitive to unpleasant smells? That's why you always see imps taking hour long showers every morning while using only the most potent chocolate-scented body washes. Former Humans are the second larges consumer base for deodorant, cologne and perfume after Current Humans. Pinkies always decorate their homes with freshly-picked lavender and other good-smelling flowers. Mancubi are by far the most obsessed scent-wise of the demons, which is why they are always seen consuming only the freshest of fruits and vegetables, so that their insides may look just as good as their outsides!

17 minutes ago, Skeletonpatch said:

imps taking hour long showers every morning while using only the most potent chocolate-scented body washes.

I want a solid chocolate imp for Christmas.

Sweat, gun oil and blood. Blood stinks surprisingly bad.

22 hours ago, Pegg said:

Shit covered in shit

Best line of 2017.

On 7/28/2017 at 1:30 PM, rdwpa said:

QBErwy7.png

Cacodemons are one of the nicest smelling things in the game. The purple material in their projectiles is used nowhere else, and it's actually a naturally secreted strawberry extract, kept at a high temperature. So they smell like toasted poptarts.

No cacodemons smell like meatballs because they are

it would smell like a gun range but with rotten corpses, blood, smoke, sweat, stink of bodies not showered for months/years ( former humans ) and oil... it smells COOL

Demon would actually smell like a dog

Pain elemental would actually smell like a person who never brushes his teeth 

Mancubus would actually smell like crap if it wasnt of his guns or fireballs...

Revenants would smell like rotten meat as the rest (Zombieman, shotgunman...)

Still don't know if spectre would have actually a smell, because he's hidden.

Baron of hell and hell knight would smell like cows or horses with human sweat (Yea, sounds classic but believe me, i tried to imagine another smell and couldnt find it :P)

The last one would be in the icon of sin of last level of doom 2, what would smell like...

Probably some kind of huge rotten meat with vomit and shit (all mixed)...

It would be area-specific, but generally:

E1 - Stale air, grease/oil/hot metal (typical machinery smells), and whatever nukage would smell like, probably a piercing toxic stench, like strong acid fumes

E2 - More of the same but with an underlying decay, rotting wood and demonic vegetation 

E3 - Sulphur, boiled rock, rotting and/or burning flesh

e2m2 is the exception, that place smells like fresh baked Italian bread. What do you think all those crates are for? Shipping out thousands of loaves of course!

22 minutes ago, CzechMate29200 said:

@Megalyth I'm surprised your answer had nothing to do with bread... ;)

That would be E4: Thy Bread Consumed

1 hour ago, Megalyth said:

That would be E4: Thy Bread Consumed

So when are you just gonna make the Bread Bible already? I would like mine autographed by none other that the bread guy himself ;)

Honestly I always associate Doom 1 (the first episode in particular) with the smell of dried and chopped up basil (although it could have been oregano, I get the two mixed up, but I think it's basil) because the first time I played Doom when my dad got me the shareware version, he also made a small satchel of the dried herb just for the scent, similar to a car air freshener or something, around the same time. So when ever I smell dried basil, I think of the first time I played Doom back in 2009.

I don't have any smells I associate with Doom 2 though, except maybe a faint smell of futon and legos.