Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veinen

Unholy Realms demos [-complevel 2]

Thank you!

I'm fairly confident that this supermegafinal release. I'll be glad to watch people destroy these maps but I don't know if I ever want to open it in Doombuilder ever again.

Snakes said:

Thank you!

I'm fairly confident that this supermegafinal release. I'll be glad to watch people destroy these maps but I don't know if I ever want to open it in Doombuilder ever again.

My map 10 UV-Speed desyncs with that version. Seems like the old buggy map 10 somehow made it back into the wad (where a spectre teleports into the bars and the exit walls don't lower).

oh man what's wrong? sry snake again, but what's up with this demo? last pack of 12 enemies can't teleport in, while in regular (non-demorecording) try they did
I used the complevel2 as suggested in the attached file.
geez.

ur23_jesuschrist.zip

Does anyone know if map 4 is maxable? There's a group of guys that look like they should appear after I hit the switch that enables me to get the blue key, but they just don't come in.

Cyberdemon531 said:

Does anyone know if map 4 is maxable? There's a group of guys that look like they should appear after I hit the switch that enables me to get the blue key, but they just don't come in.

That's an issue that was brought up in the demo pack thread but fixed. However, the latest version of UR contained some bugs that were fixed in previous versions, so the "final" version may still have this bug.

4shockblast said:

My map 10 UV-Speed desyncs with that version. Seems like the old buggy map 10 somehow made it back into the wad (where a spectre teleports into the bars and the exit walls don't lower).

Snakes said:

I'm fairly confident that this supermegafinal release.

So, is it? I'd like to know before i start TASing it.

Akse said:

So, is it? I'd like to know before i start TASing it.

Dew... deeeeeeeew?!

(No)

Frankly, I vowed never to touch this wad again, and I've managed to hold true. I'll have to try and compile the right bits 'n pieces. I'd love to see a TAS so this'll make a good kick in the pants.

Yeah, I'd love to see a TAS of this using all the crazy tricks in this one, and it'd be nice if all my demos for this wad weren't broken with the latest "final" version of this. :P

@Akse, btw I dunno if you saw the thread, but Hock did a TAS of this up to map 4 or so, and maybe he has some stuff done for later maps (he never posted anything and I dunno how to get in touch with him).

Oh yeah, I said I'd look into compiling a bugfixed version, but then real life stole all my free time. Snakes whenever you come to irc, we should look into this if you're still willing, heh.

dew said:

Oh yeah, I said I'd look into compiling a bugfixed version, but then real life stole all my free time. Snakes whenever you come to irc, we should look into this if you're still willing, heh.

I'll try and pop in at some point this week to fix it so I can finally sleep again.