Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Making the perfect pizza

This is how I would do it.

The foundation for any pizza begins with its crust. And when it comes to crust, Domino's is the name I trust most. Domino's use just the right amount of dough, and it's always cooked at just the right temperature. Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. It strikes all of the right notes and balances. A worthy crust for any dipping sauce.

A great pizza needs a great tomato sauce, and there is none greater than the recipe used by the Primucci family. Pizza Nova uses fresh California tomatoes, packaged immediately upon picking. Pizza Nova's tomato sauce is slightly sweet, vibrant, and will fill any mouth with euphoria. 

What pizza would be complete without a hearty amount of fresh mozzarella? Papa John's crust is unfortunately a little on the doughy side, but they've got the best mozzarella cheese in the business. Their cheese has the perfect level of oiliness and saltiness. You'd be hard pressed to find mozzarella cheese that's fresher than Papa John's.

And finally, the dipping sauce. That's where Pizza Pizza come into play. The packaging may not look very appealing, but there's a reason why you can buy their dipping sauces in select grocery stores. My favourites are the creamy garlic and honey mustard.

Edited by Ajora

1 minute ago, YukiHerz said:

Just make sure it doesn't have pineapple, bones or any other kind of fruit that isn't tomato.

The only two major pizza toppings I never liked are pineapple and hot peppers. Both of which are delicious, just not on a pizza. 

I think both pineapple and hot peppers are great toppings. Albeit, I prefer hot peppers when I don't feel like giving a fuck.

I normally just get something from Papa Murphy's. Chicken garlic seems to be my favorite lately.

There's an Italian guy that has a New York-style pizza restaurant not too far from me.  Basically his pepperoni pizza + some jalapeños and black olives is my perfect pizza. 

New York pizza > sex.

Is homemade pizza okay? Uncle used to make one with a scone dough and sliced eggplant, onion and cheese. It was the bomb.

All this talk of pineapple makes be want another hawaiian pizza.

6 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

Mostly Americans in this thread?

Not sure about others, but I am...  I haven't seen any crazy toppings yet, either, so I'm guessing no one from Japan has commented here yet.

34 minutes ago, Britney_Is_King said:

Anything that's not Little Ceasars is good. 

They're good if you're in a hurry and want something cheap. You get what you pay for.

10 minutes ago, Ajora said:

They're good if you're in a hurry and want something cheap. You get what you pay for.

Good thing I'm never in a hurry. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pizza is awesome [with pineapple] and bananas

This is new. I've never seen banana toppings before.

Why settle for 1 pizza when you can have multiple? Pineapple/sausage/ground beef + a sausage/ground beef/pepperoni/tomato pizza should be standard fare, along with at least 3 different cheeses.... Make your own dough people, its easy and you can spice it just right.

Making the perfect pizza

Ok I like where this is going...

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

The foundation for any pizza begins with its crust. And when it comes to crust, Domino's

What the actual fuck? Lol. Is this before or after Domino's admitted on their tv commercials that their bread was frozen cardboard and switched to... *drumroll please* ... frozen cardboard slathered in so much garlic you can't taste the cardboard? If pizza needs garlic added to it that isn't in the sauce it isn't good pizza.

The best pizza comes from little Italian hole-in-the-walls and is simply incomparable to Domino's, Papa John's, Little Caesars, and yes, even the coveted stuffed crust from Pizza Hut, who also bathes their crusts in garlic so you can't taste the bread. I haven't tried Papa Murphy's yet, just got one in my area though so I might swing on over there to try 'em out some day soon.

That's pretty much how I do it:

pZQNX7X.jpg

Bake it in the over at something like 400F and after 10~15 minutes, the cheese should have melted. You get a crispy homemade pizza. It fills you more than Domino's pizza, doesn't taste cardboard like Pizza Pizza and contains much less salt than Papa John's. More over, there isn't any grease and it will not make you fat unlike the industrially made pizza that you buy at the store or elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Ok I like where this is going...

What the actual fuck? Lol. Is this before or after Domino's admitted on their tv commercials that their bread was frozen cardboard and switched to... *drumroll please* ... frozen cardboard slathered in so much garlic you can't taste the cardboard? If pizza needs garlic added to it that isn't in the sauce it isn't good pizza.

The best pizza comes from little Italian hole-in-the-walls and is simply incomparable to Domino's, Papa John's, Little Caesars, and yes, even the coveted stuffed crust from Pizza Hut, who also bathes their crusts in garlic so you can't taste the bread. I haven't tried Papa Murphy's yet, just got one in my area though so I might swing on over there to try 'em out some day soon.

I'm pretty sure Domino's Canada and Domino's America are very different. I know Domino's America changed their recipe a few years ago, but they've always been great in my neck of the woods. I probably should have specified that I was talking about their Canadian branch.

Eating Pizza Hut pizza is like drinking a glass of oil mixed with artificial tomato flavouring. Their crust has a nice texture to it, and a palatable buttery finish, but is still overly greasy. There's a reason why Youtube comedian Jason Steele always makes Pizza Hut the butt of his jokes. The official Pizza Hut Twitter account actually blocked him on Twitter, even though he never once tweeted to them, but I digress. Pizza Hut does have good pastas and wings, I will give them that.

10 minutes ago, axdoomer said:

That's pretty much how I do it:

pZQNX7X.jpg

Bake it in the over at something like 400F and after 10~15 minutes, the cheese should have melted. You get a crispy homemade pizza. It fills you more than Domino's pizza, doesn't taste cardboard like Pizza Pizza and contains much less salt than Papa John's. More over, there isn't any grease and it will not make you fat unlike the industrially made pizza that you buy at the store or elsewhere.

Pizza Pizza really does taste like cardboard if you buy by the slice. They're much better when you order fresh. 

21 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Pizza Pizza really does taste like cardboard if you buy by the slice. They're much better when you order fresh. 

I know it isn't so bad. Pizza Pizza is the only pizza chain where I buy pizza. Domino's is bad though, I have eaten their pizza once and it wasn't worth it. I never get filled when eating from Pizza Pizza, I don't know what's in their pizza that makes me able to eat so much of it. I eat only one of my homemade pizzas and I'm already full.

As a Canadian who sometimes watches American TV, I saw commercials for all the brands of American Pizza named in this thread and I must say that your pizzas look disgusting. (because it's greasy and there's salt everywhere, it's even worse when there's bacon on the crust)

21 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Eating Pizza Hut pizza is like drinking a glass of oil mixed with artificial tomato flavouring. Their crust has a nice texture to it, and a palatable buttery finish, but is still overly greasy.

I totally agree.

Edited by axdoomer

Here in Australia I have found Pizza Hut is actually slightly better than Dominoes, but I don't like either honestly.

1 hour ago, Fonze said:

I haven't tried Papa Murphy's yet, just got one in my area though so I might swing on over there to try 'em out some day soon.

Mind that they're take-n-bake. You take it home and bake it yourself (fresh exactly to the point you'd like it... good for buying a bunch for parties too :P).

According to slav science and half-italian cultural footprints, the ideal pizza is soft yet thick, kinda like bread. Best found(made): homemade.

Then comes the sauce. Preferably a mix of veggies, mostly with tomatoes. Best found: at home.

What toppings? Prosciutto, or actual bacon. Best found: ehh kinda everywhere in Croatia, but I like what I have.

Cheese? Goat cheese, or any sort of cheese that isn't too fake, that is homemade. Best found: same with prosciutto, kinda everywhere that isn't megapolis of a city.

Luxurious right? That is why I rarely eat that stuff. But when I do, one slice can be enough for the rest of the day, its that good :D

Mom-and-Pop Italian places make the best pizza, in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Britney_Is_King said:

Anything that's not Little Ceasars is good. 

If you cook a hot n ready in the oven for about 3-4 minutes, it actually turns decent. Not good, but decent.

6 hours ago, YukiHerz said:

Just make sure it doesn't have pineapple

Insanity... Flat out insanity.

The best pizza comes from little Italian hole-in-the-walls and is simply incomparable to Domino's, Papa John's, Little Caesars, and yes, even the coveted stuffed crust from Pizza Hut, who also bathes their crusts in garlic so you can't taste the bread.

Fonze knows whats up. Local pizza places have crust so good sometimes that it's almost like an entirely different foodstuff than what dominos etc sell