Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KVELLER

Spanish translation for GZDOOM/Traducción al español para GZDOOM

1 hour ago, leodoom85 said:

Yup. It has that ID...

And what do you think about the translation? Should I use that one or just "Frasco"?

1 minute ago, KVELLER said:

And what do you think about the translation? Should I use that one or just "Frasco"?

I thought a LOT while searching for a better translation and frasco is the best solution I can get no matter what. Besides, in-game...it's a freaking trap flask.

1 hour ago, leodoom85 said:

I thought a LOT while searching for a better translation and frasco is the best solution I can get no matter what. Besides, in-game...it's a freaking trap flask.

LOL that's true.

Frasco it is.

12 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

LOL that's true.

Frasco it is.

Also, for the cleric, fighter and mage should be: "frasco venenoso", "frasco granada" and "frasco de bomba de tiempo" respectively

2 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Also, for the cleric, fighter and mage should be: "frasco venenoso", "frasco granada" and "frasco de bomba de tiempo" respectively

It's a common messge for all of the player classes, so I can't do that.

11 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

It's a common messge for all of the player classes, so I can't do that.

Got it

Interesante proyecto, me sorprende un poco que nadie haya hecho esto antes. Que bien que no te estes olvidando de Heretic, Hexen y Strife.

Another update.

- Added QZDoom strings.

- Solved most of the space problems in the menu.

- Fixed typos and changed a few things here and there.

- End texts are now working in non-widescreen resolutions (hopefully).

It's been a while, but here's another update:

• Added translation for Chex Quest (hasn't been tested, but it should work).
  • Translated a few new GZDoom strings (i.e. GZDoom 3.1.0 support).
  • Fixed some small things that were bothering me in the Doom/Doom II translations.

On 30/3/2017 at 3:21 AM, mattjoes said:

E2M7: Spawning Vats - Tanques de incubación ("Incubación" meaning preparation for birth [of the demons], a more common word than "desove". "Tina" makes one think of a small bathroom, whereas "tanque" conveys the idea of a big liquid deposit.)

E3M1: Hell Keep - Castillo del infierno ("Mazmorra" means dungeon; this is more of a castle.)
E3M2: Slough of Despair (This works fine as it is, so I wouldn't necessarily suggest a change, but I would note that in the Spanish translation of Doom 2016, from what I recall, they call this level "Ciénaga de la desesperación". Just something to keep in mind.)

DOOM EPISODES:
(Don't know where to check for these in the game. These are blind suggestions.)
Knee-Deep in the Dead - Con la muerte hasta el cuello (Perfect idea, Zed!)
The Shores of Hell - Las orillas del infierno (Literal.)
Inferno - Infierno (Literal.)
Thy Flesh Consumed - Vuestra carne consumida (Literal.)

DOOM II MAPS:
10: Refueling Base - Base de reabastecimiento (To me at least, "reabastecimiento" seems to be a more common word than "repostaje".)
13: Downtown - El centro (I'd add the "el" to better convey it's downtown instead of the center of something. In fact, if you said "I'm going downtown", the appropriate translation would be "voy al centro", in other words, "voy a el centro", so the "el" seems appropriate.)
29: The Living End - El final viviente (A minor change to make the title roll off the tongue slightly better.)

You just put some great translations :) -- But the title Spawning Vats is easily the most difficult one to translate: as a native Spanish speaker, the title that fits best in our language could be: Silos de creación (también podría ser «incubación» o «aparición» dependiendo qué entendemos en español cuando leemos la palabra Spawn).

As for Downtown, «El centro» is the most appropiate name in spanish linguistically speaking (until we find a better one, of course), but it doesn't sound that good, nor is a memorable name. The names used for the levels in DOOM II tend to be very ambiguous (trend also followed by DOOM 2: The Way 'id' Did).

I have always thought of Knee-Deep In The Dead as «Hasta los codos en la muerte», not the most exact translation, but it sounds and makes sense to me. The Shores of Hell is great with your translation; if it's useful, «Las Playas del Infierno» and «Las Costas del Infierno» sounds good too.

Good luck with this, KVELLER! — Looks promising, the spanish-speaking fanbase is huge and this will be greatly welcomed. I'll be here supporting in anything I can.

I forgot to add the file with the new strings to the Hexen and Deathking files, but it's fixed now.