Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Looking forward to Community Chest Megawad?

my occupation said
Cynical Smartassing is easy if you know how bad this world really is. (but DOOM will still be there for you)

Aleaver said:

When I finish my map, do I just send it in?

Just a stupid question...

There are no stupid questions...
Just stupid PEOPLE!

Heh.

Well map 17 is complete...Just a few very very little things to do..

But I should be sending it in Monday.

Starting map 16 on Monday as well.

Aleaver said:

Well map 17 is complete...Just a few very very little things to do..

NO!!

i wanna play test it. i liked the demo alot.

Im really looking forward to the Community Chest Megawad. (§o I vote 1.)

I would help but quite frankly, I cant make one goddam sector without sumthing going wrong. I got lots of ideas but, I can't show them on a map cuz my ideas never come out right or never stay the way they are supposed to. I'd love to help, but I dont think there is enough time for me to make a good map with no errors, sorry.

Alls im good for is testing n stuff, I'll work on a lvl anyways, see what happens.

[Edit]Btw: how is the Community Chest Magawad comming along?[/Edit]

DOOM Anomaly said:

Alls im good for is testing n stuff, I'll work on a lvl anyways, see what happens.

If you're going to work on a level, it would be a good idea to request a map slot (to do this, email Cadman), to ensure that it can go into the megawad if the level's right, as there's only 3 slots left. Don't worry about errors, as the maps don't have to run with doom2.exe (but only in terms of homs, visplanes etc. - they must use original triggers and specials only). If it's errors like sectors not closed etc. you could send the map to me after you've finished it, and I'll fix all the bugs in it. (I'm an expert in that particular field)

BTW, what editor do you use? (I use WA)

DOOM Anomaly uses "DeePsea 11.5+ Shareware" for the lvl making.

but the chances are very likely that I wont do a lvl for the Megawad cuz, I am serious I can't make a level without some major error occuring, and when I fix that one, a even worse one comes along. Also I have school, so I cant put a full 24 hours day work into the lvl, so It wouldnt be done anytime this week ( or even anytime this month)...I've only made 5 1/5 levels, and to say the least, I need help on my level making. However if you do not believe how craptastic my wad is, I'll be more than happy to Scar your life permantly by showing you it, (and believe me, you DONT want that.) But I will do that "trying" stuff that you guys speak of so much, and I'll try and come up with a level that doesnt totally suk total, massive, Huge portions of arse. Cause after all, I do really want to help, but me being involved with this wad, would mean certain death to Any potential that this has.

And just to prove it, my first level in my wad, has 75 errors in it...I'll be happy to tell the rest if more is needed.

And yes, as u may have noticed, I am Very pessimistic, but hey, when it comes to my wad, thats the only thing that you can be, trust me on this one.

[EDIT]I would send u screenshots of my wad but..

1. it would make you want to burn your eyes out, and kill yourself.

2.I dont have anywhere to put the pics, cause I have no website, and Im more than sure no website wants to have my terrible screenshots on it.

3.You wouldn't wanna see them, to have them in these forums, or on the whole Internet, is a total waste of dead space.[/EDIT]

Aleaver said:

Anyone want to play test Infliction of Hate?

It's ready to go...

I would, seeing thats all im good for, at the most.

Me again, just a question, is this Megawad for any source port, or is it just for the regular ol' vanilla Doom, with the ability to play it on a soure port of course.

I just want to know this so Im sure what to test my lvl out on while making it...not that it'll matter.

Yes the project if going to run under BOOM.

There are (atlest in my maps) some VPO's.

That will hender playing it in Regular Doom2.

Rightio, but, how exactly do I run anything/wad in Boom? I've never actually used Boom before, mainly because the sound is really quiet and I tryed the sound turner-upper but it dont work, and the music doesnt play on Boom either, hence the reason I always use Legacy. And sumtimes Zdoom if it is required.

But ill do that "trying" stuff anyways..

[UPDATE] Kay, i figured out how to play wads in Boom by myself (I feel so proud now :D). But the sound and music woe's still stand.[/UPDATE]

[ANOTHER UPDATE] Woah, dude thats crazy, I didnt know Boom had recoil! p.s. Thx fo de lvl.:D[/ANOTHER UPDATE]

[NOT AN UPDATE BUT ITS KINDA LIKE A EDIT BUT NOT QUITE]Btw im jw, what levels are free in it?[/NOT AN UPDATE BUT ITS KINDA LIKE A EDIT BUT NOT QUITE]

Well, I suppose Ill try and make a level, but im not promising anything fancy, believe me, this will be my first public lvl, also, Im just starting the drafting for it tonight, so It may not be done for a while. Also, with the shareware DeePsea, I cant make that many linedefs, or sectors, so that could be a problem, but we'll see, no?

Seeming I dont kno which lvls are open, I'll just do a map and see where it fits into one of the spaces, no?

Also, is there a theme we have to stick to?

And yes, I havent really read Everything about it, cuz im to lazy to :D

DOOM Anomaly said:

Well, I suppose Ill try and make a level, but im not promising anything fancy, believe me, this will be my first public lvl, also, Im just starting the drafting for it tonight, so It may not be done for a while. Also, with the shareware DeePsea, I cant make that many linedefs, or sectors, so that could be a problem, but we'll see, no?

Just like me :-) this week is for me the first time in more than four years since I used a WAD-editor... And a great step from DEU to DeePsea SW ... :P I wish you the best of luck and remember: the level doesn't have to win the CoolerThanidSoftware-prize, it just has to be fun to play in ;-)

DOOM Anomaly said:

Seeming I dont kno which lvls are open, I'll just do a map and see where it fits into one of the spaces, no?

Also, is there a theme we have to stick to?

There are only two slots still open: map 22 and map 28. I would contact Cadman (fisherh5@bellsouth.net) and reserve one of those slots as soon as possible, before they are taken!

As for themes, from what I can tell, the third part of the megawad (maps 21-30) are all gothic/hell style maps, but you should be able to use any theme you like. (ask Cadman if you're concerned about themes)

DeePsea shareware will allow you to build a map the size of Ultimate DooM's E4M3, as that map is only just over the size limit. But small maps are certainly welcome. (one of mine is a small map)

If you're having trouble with Boom/prBoom, then you can use ZDoom, as this is Boom-compatible. But remember to use doom2.exe triggers and specials only.

The official CC website is http://www.kwic.com/~junior/cchest/

Ultimate Doomer, hey if your as good as you say you are about testing and fixing wadfiles, then you're more than welcome to test my 11 level wad when it's completed (ap_1 to ap_11). Shouldn't be too far away.

what's cadman's e-mail. I wanna do map22. Just started it last night too. Be back in a couple hours, hate school.

Hey Kaiser, played you level! I thought I made hard levels until I saw your wad. Too hard for normal doomer! maybe if you make it a little easier to play it would become more playable, but the level structure had no flaw. Good work! :)

scorpion said:

I think it's this: fisher5@bellsouth.net

You missed a 'h' out, it's fisherh5@bellsouth.net.

Alex: I could certainly give it a go, as I'll probably play it when it's released anyway. It would be quite interesting to see how the maps play when they're all together (as opposed to playing each one separately). And it would give me a chance to review it before it hits /newstuff. (and a chance to work out how to do ap_007 without cheating...)

Damn, I just sent that e-mail too

Edit: All's good, just resent it now. Heh, I hope I got it right this time.