Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Yesteryear

Heh, I can remember (and I'm sure a lot of you other old ones do too) coming here and seeing posts about triple barreled shotguns and quadruple-barreled nuke launchers, written up by people like masterhassan (who, BTW, has been banned for some time now) or elyuca. Those were the days. Back when Lüt, deadnail and the rest of them would hang around the forums. Back when signatures were "Someday I hope Doom will really happen" and when there was POTD. Ah, the memories.
How things change......

And what exactly was the point of this thread?
Never mind, I'll let it live a bit and see if it doesn't turn out decent.

hmmm, maybe you could turn this into a "dumbest serggestions for doom 3" thread. I can think of a few off the top of my head:

Double chainguns (lame)

The quake 3 BFG (fun for quake 3, lame for doom 3)

Chaingun with 6 mini chaingun for the barrels (SUPER LAME WITH CHERRIES ON TOP)

Picking up furniture and throwing it at the demons (ok so this so isn’t dumb, but it doesn’t really fit in with doom 3.)

heh, I found this to be worth a laugh:

Zaldron said (on the old fourm):
The question is... what things can be left "DooMish" like, without making the game look like setted in a retarded future?

Example :

Private - "Sir. There's a problem with my combat suit"
Sergeant - "What is it, soldier!?"
Private - "Well sir... I can't look up or down!"
Sergeant - "That´s how the UAC Army wants it soldier, now MOVE!!"

Unless UAC armies promote the motto "Scopes are for sissies", I don´t know why the hell humanity would ditch one of the most efective aiming-assist tools out there...

Dammit, I want my old title back!

Ah, the memories.......

/me raves about the good old days

DooMBoy said:

Those were the days. Back when Lüt, deadnail and the rest of them would hang around the forums. Back when signatures were "Someday I hope Doom will really happen" and when there was POTD. Ah, the memories.
How things change......

Rofl, that was my sig.
Kind of ignorant really. Since it would absolutely suck if Doom would really happen.

Man, dsm, you missed a lot of good stuff....Ahhh, the memories....

DooMBoy said:

Man, dsm, you missed a lot of good stuff....Ahhh, the memories....

I never *missed* it - I was here as a guest, only I didn't sign up to comment because I couldn't get myself mentally prepared to get "killed" by Dark Fox and Macvilewhore, or in any case enduring personal attacks. I signed up when I felt that I was ready to face the flames and when I felt that I knew enough about how to behave here.

NOSTALGIA HITS ME...SO HARD, MAKES ME SAY, OMF LORD

anyways, yeah, thats takes me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, dammit I miss the old days :(

I'll bet if you said it would suck if doom really happened back then you'd get bitched upside down and backwards with the most common post being a simple "You pussy"
I could be wrong though^ who knows how crazy people really are?

Ah, the old forums remind of the times when I would download Doom wads with reckless abandon on the old cdrom.com (which, like the old forums, is no longer with us).
/me sinks into nostalgic reverie