Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Awesome64

My second shitty doom wad

This is absolute garbage. The first rooms are just "bad", but then you get into some really atrocious crap with every single flat bleeding around you.

Everyone, don't play this. You've been warned.

2/10

edit:

5 minutes ago, Awesome64 said:

yes but did you find the secret?

I didn't dare to, TBH

Edited by bzzrak

that was incredible. the visuals were spot on, the story was enthralling and constantly had me on the edge of my seat. honestly "MY SECOND SHITTY DOOM WAD" is a brilliant, subtle, yet very witty social commentary on the themes of marriage, politics, the economy, nihilism, the 1984 olympics, and daycares.

10/10 absolute masterpiece

29 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

every single flat bleeding around you.

Do you consider this to be a d e c e n t element in a map

edit: awesome64, this is bleeding flat. Bleeding flat, this is awesome64.

bleed.jpg

Edited by bzzrak

So why didnt you just turn this into a megawad if you were gonna have a single map that lasts less than 1 minute?  Might as well make a whole bunch of maps that last a few minutes.

Hoo boy, let's do this.

So I won't mince words: this is pretty bad. I played in ZDoom and there was a hearty amount of visual errors, as well as some rather dodgy texture usage and simplistic design. I'm not slamming you for it though: you're new to the world of Doom mapping, you're still figuring things out. It's a stage we all go through in different ways and you shouldn't be discouraged if your first pieces of work don't turn out so well. You should however be open to criticism and willing to improve, so let me help you out.

Here's a playlist of tutorials for Doom Builder 2 that should help you get the basics down-pact: DB2 is a tad obsolete now in favor of GZDoom Builder, but there shouldn't be too many glaring differences when it comes to the basics.

This is the 10 Years of Doom page: I'd recommend looking through the wads it mentions here. Give them a play, see what makes 'em tick and try learn from them. I'm posting this as opposed to the Cacowards due to their simplicity in comparison: I don't wanna toss Sunlust or Putrefier at you right off the bat, otherwise you might get overwhelmed. Not all the wads in 10Years have aged gracefully, but there's still plenty to learn from them in my opinion.

And of course you can ask in the Editing forum if you need help - heck, if you really want you can PM me for feedback. If you genuinely want to improve and develop then I'm all for giving you a hand.

3 hours ago, bzzrak said:

Do you consider this to be a d e c e n t element in a map

edit: awesome64, this is bleeding flat. Bleeding flat, this is awesome64.

bleed.jpg

Hey, it's beyond the decency, it trascends the game structure revealing the matrix itself and the truth behind the wo-

Ok, it's five am and i'm waiting for my stepbrother taking a airplane,so... nevermind It. Looks bad for me too from what I see...

On 8/2/2017 at 9:08 PM, BigDickBzzrak said:

This is absolute garbage. The first rooms are just "bad", but then you get into some really atrocious crap with every single flat bleeding around you.

Everyone, don't play this. You've been warned.

2/10

edit:

I didn't dare to, TBH

Is it weird that I'm more excited to play this now