Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloxxer23

What the heck happened to Doom Touch/D Touch??

2 hours ago, Voros said:

I can strafe pretty easily on D-Touch's touch controls.

How do you strafe, move forwards/backwards while turning to a side and shoot at the same time? doesn't seem viable unless you have 3 hands.

So im trying D-touch, the link from beloko, and im surprised how good the controls are. I have some problems tho:

1) My thumbs for some reason don't slide properly on the screen, the feel isn't smooth.. is it just my thumbs? Im on an S7 so its one of the best screens out there

2) I can't disable mouselook. It just adds more stress to control with the touchscreen, i want it off but cant turn it off, im using gzdoom.

3) How can I make the alt hud bigger? the scaling options of double pixel and the other one aren't big enough

4) How do I hide the thing on the weapon that you press to show the weapon numbers transparent? it's a bit annoying. I like the idea of pressing in the weapon, and seeing the list of the number keys, but i dont need to see it, it makes the weapon look ugly.

5) The crosshair doesnt change the color

6) Dynamic lights dont show up. No muzzle flash, no projecticle flash, no lights on the sprites like the light lamps etc

7) How do I load additional .wad and .pk3 files? in arg I add -file "whatever.pk3" -file "whatever.wad" ??

Edited by qweqioweuo123

1) blame you're hardware. I played D-Touch on a different phone and it was so smooth and precise. This new phone is not.

2) right. Here's a trick. Open the touch settings (gear sign) and then press the icon on the top left. Now a window should appear. Look for a slider for "Up/Down" (something like that) and bring it all the way to zero. No more mouselook

3) on the IWAD selection screen, press the gear button. Now there should be a dropdown menu for resolution. Click it and press "2".

4) when ingame, press the gear icon, then the icon on the top left. Now press "Remove/add buttons". Now go all the way down an deselect the very last button in the list to make it remove it. Personally, I think it's better to use the weapon wheel via touching the middle of the screen.

5) sorry, I don't use crosshairs :/

6) you'll need a mod that has dynamic lights in the first place.

7) easy. On the PWAD/mod selection screen, just select all the mods you want. You can select multiple mods, not just one. This includes for both PK3 and WAD.

3 hours ago, Voros said:

1) blame you're hardware. I played D-Touch on a different phone and it was so smooth and precise. This new phone is not.

2) right. Here's a trick. Open the touch settings (gear sign) and then press the icon on the top left. Now a window should appear. Look for a slider for "Up/Down" (something like that) and bring it all the way to zero. No more mouselook

3) on the IWAD selection screen, press the gear button. Now there should be a dropdown menu for resolution. Click it and press "2".

4) when ingame, press the gear icon, then the icon on the top left. Now press "Remove/add buttons". Now go all the way down an deselect the very last button in the list to make it remove it. Personally, I think it's better to use the weapon wheel via touching the middle of the screen.

5) sorry, I don't use crosshairs :/

6) you'll need a mod that has dynamic lights in the first place.

7) easy. On the PWAD/mod selection screen, just select all the mods you want. You can select multiple mods, not just one. This includes for both PK3 and WAD.

Thanks for input. About hardware, it's the S7 so its one of the best phones ever made. I have some friends that have it, and I conclude that it must be the type of skin on my thumbs. The tip slides better. The base has grip.

6) But doesn't GzDoom have in-built dynamic lights? GzDoom on my computer has dynamic lights and im using no mods.

7) I can't seem to load this mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/sbrightmaps

No matter what I do.

Also I noticed a bug: If I had a save game that doesn't include the mods that I loaded, the savegame doesn't load the mods.

For example I was using Perk's Smooth Animations .wad mod, and it loads only if I load a New Game, if I load a saved game, it wouldn't load...

About hardware, it's the S7 so its one of the best phones ever made.

Hah. I won't derail the thread, so I'll just leave it at that and move on.

Also I noticed a bug: If I had a save game that doesn't include the mods that I loaded, the savegame doesn't load the mods.

For example I was using Perk's Smooth Animations .wad mod, and it loads only if I load a New Game, if I load a saved game, it wouldn't load

That's normal for all ports.

As for 7: does the GZDoom crash? If so, be sure to add

+logfile bmaps.txt

in the parameters bar.

Thanks @Voros for the answers :)

Regarding

1) My thumbs for some reason don't slide properly on the screen, the feel isn't smooth.. is it just my thumbs? Im on an S7 so its one of the best screens out there

You mean your thumbs physically don't slide on the screen? Do you have any screen protector on the phone? Also do your thumbs slide OK on other peoples phones?

9 hours ago, beloko said:

Regarding

You mean your thumbs physically don't slide on the screen? Do you have any screen protector on the phone? Also do your thumbs slide OK on other peoples phones?

after long use the touch gets screen deceleration like in shadow warrior port, but worse

after long use the touch gets screen deceleration like in shadow warrior port, but worse

Never happened to me. Maybe your fingers became sweaty after long usage.

18 hours ago, beloko said:

Regarding

My phone is brand new and has no screen protection.

22 hours ago, Voros said:

Hah. I won't derail the thread, so I'll just leave it at that and move on.

That's normal for all ports.

As for 7: does the GZDoom crash? If so, be sure to add

+logfile bmaps.txt

in the parameters bar.

It doesn't crash, it just ignores the .pk3 file.

Are you sure you selected GZDoom?

How do you know it ignores it? Maybe it did load, but the change isn't noticeable in-game.

28 minutes ago, Voros said:

Are you sure you selected GZDoom?

How do you know it ignores it? Maybe it did load, but the change isn't noticeable in-game.

Yes, I select GZdoom. The brightmaps are easily noticeable, just load map27 or any other dark map and the eyes should have this nice effect:

screenshotdoom201105212.png

Or any buttons, computers with lights etc.

10 hours ago, qweqioweuo123 said:

It doesn't crash, it just ignores the .pk3 file.

make sure the pk3 file doesn't have spaces in its name, if it does, then that's reason why it ignores it

19 minutes ago, DoodGuy said:

make sure the pk3 file doesn't have spaces in its name, if it does, then that's reason why it ignores it

the file is SBrightmaps.pk3

On 8/5/2017 at 2:22 PM, qweqioweuo123 said:

the file is SBrightmaps.pk3

Then i don't know why isn't it working

5 hours ago, DoodGuy said:

Then i don't know why isn't it working

I have tried loading the lights.pk3 of my Gzdoom folder to get the dynamic light effects on D-Touch, but it also doesn't load, so this confirms .pk3 files are being ignored..

On 5/8/2017 at 3:53 AM, Voros said:

I still blame the hardware.

I tried 3 phones: My old LG Optimus Black and a Galaxy S2 from someone else and I get a similar feeling, I think it must be the way the skin on my thumb is or something.

lights.pk3 is loaded by default...

Just write this in the parameters section

+logfile test.txt

Then close D-Touch, go to the FULL folder and open the generated test.txt. Copy paste everything in it on this thread.

54 minutes ago, Voros said:

lights.pk3 is loaded by default...

Just write this in the parameters section

+logfile test.txt

Then close D-Touch, go to the FULL folder and open the generated test.txt. Copy paste everything in it on this thread.

Log started: Mon Aug  7 03:58:21 2017

M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
Gameinfo scan took 3 ms
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
 adding ./gzdoom.pk3, 585 lumps
 adding doom2.wad, 2919 lumps
 adding mods/SBrightmaps.pk3, 759 lumps
I_Init: Setting up machine state.
I_InitSound: Initializing FMOD
FMOD Sound System, copyright © Firelight Technologies Pty, Ltd., 1994-2009.
Loaded FMOD version 1.05.13
Could not ascertain driver capabilities. Some things may be weird. (Error -1)
Fmod Sample rate set to 48000
  Sys->init returned 0
V_Init: allocate screen.
S_Init: Setting up sound.
ST_Init: Init startup screen.
Checking cmd-line parameters...
S_InitData: Load sound definitions.
G_ParseMapInfo: Load map definitions.
Texman.Init: Init texture manager.
ParseTeamInfo: Load team definitions.
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
R_Init: Init Doom refresh subsystem.
DecalLibrary: Load decals.
M_Init: Init menus.
P_Init: Init Playloop state.
ParseSBarInfo: Loading default status bar definition.
ParseSBarInfo: Loading custom status bar definition.
D_CheckNetGame: Checking network game status.
player 1 of 1 (1 nodes)
Resolution: 1920 x 1080

MAP01 - entryway

Changing Level...

MAP27 - monster condo

You got the chaingun!
Picked up a clip.
Picked up a clip.
You got the rocket launcher!
Picked up a clip.
Player let an arachnotron get him.

Btw, if lights.pk3 are added by default, why im not seeing any dynamic lights?

Seems I was mistaken. For some reason lights and brightmaps aren't autoloaded, and their filenames end with _dt too.

Try adding this to your parameters

-file lights_dt.pk3 brighmaps_dt.pk3

And then your mod.

11 hours ago, Voros said:

Seems I was mistaken. For some reason lights and brightmaps aren't autoloaded, and their filenames end with _dt too.

Try adding this to your parameters

-file lights_dt.pk3 brighmaps_dt.pk3

And then your mod.

Doesn't work. I renamed it to lights_dt.pk3. Put it into the wads folder, into the mods folder, and into the root directory where doom2.wad is, tried with -file lights_dt.pk3 and didn't load, also tried loading it as a mod, then as a wad, and the dynamic lights don't show up in the game.

It did for me. Look in the Display Options in GZDoom, check if dynamic lights are enabled.

7 minutes ago, Voros said:

It did for me. Look in the Display Options in GZDoom, check if dynamic lights are enabled.

They are enabled.

Then I can't say what's going on here, unless I can see how everything's set up with my own eyes. The solution is probably simple.

Hell, that was the first time I saw dynamic lights in D-Touch :P

2 hours ago, Voros said:

Then I can't say what's going on here, unless I can see how everything's set up with my own eyes. The solution is probably simple.

Hell, that was the first time I saw dynamic lights in D-Touch :P

What app are you using?

Im using this link that beloko provided:

Here is the latest APK:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By-hODX7poT3d3RtekkyTFZfT1E

Please don't put it on other forums etc because the app downloads stuff from my server and it's got limited bandwidth, thanks!

As Voros said, big update soon on Google Play soonish.

I don't know this is so weird. According to the log, the pk3 is loaded, and there aren't any errors except that "Could not ascertain driver capabilities. Some things may be weird. (Error -1)" line but I suspect that is irrelevant.

Maybe you can upload the zdoom.ini file so I can get it exactly like your setup.

I'm using the official 4.1 version.

And yes that FMOD error is unrelated and irrelevant.