Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Looking forward to Community Chest Megawad?

Well the after finishing my first map for this project and seeing the progress on the other maps...I really can't wait to see the finish of this project and play it!

So much talent is being poured into this project that it has be good.
Good work everyone!

And I have already started map 16..I have somemore ideas for it..

Well, ya, I suppose I'll sign up for lvl 28 (if it isnt taken already). As for the E-mail, I sent Cadman one regarding it so, I'll see, in the mean time, I gotta get finished on the sketches of my lvl. :D

DOOM Anomaly said:

in the mean time, I gotta get finished on the sketches of my lvl. :D

Sketches?

Hmm I never tried to sketch a map before...

Maybe I'll try that sometime.

I'll play for lvl 22 if not possesed alrealdy. I better get back on that map!

Edit: I sketch parts of my maps in school. It can get really boring there!

Aleaver said:

Sketches?

Hmm I never tried to sketch a map before...

Maybe I'll try that sometime.

yes, sketches, as what my last wad looked like, I think I need to Plan things out first before I goto DeePsea to start it. And if you dont know what my last wad was like...your a lucky lucky soul.

Ravage just said:

I sketch parts of my maps in school. It can get really boring there!

ya, i did that today, boy alota people looked at me like I was a major freak, but not like thats any different from every other day :P

Just a quick reminder, this map is compact, but not too compact. Light brown, guess the rest.

Just to let the new CC members know, when you've thought of a name for your map, please let me know. (as I'm doing all the cwilv titles)
The following maps are currently nameless:

Map 19 (scorpion)
Map 30 (RailGunner)
Map 32 (VolteFace)

Also, you may (or may not) know that map 07 is the only slot remaining (Archvile 46 pulled out) - so who thinks that Cadman should have a go (if he has the time of course), as I enjoyed the last map he made.

Torn, DOOM Anomaly: I've used the names you suggested so far, if you decide on a new one, then let me know and I'll change it.

My map name (map22) is Future Grave. I just got back from school and now it's map time!

I was thinking along the lines of "Putrid Anguish" for the level i'm making (lvl 28), but I'm not totally sure if that'll suite it, but thats what I got so far. Also, I'm having major problems with my puter so my map making process is going slower than I thought, my puter keeps freezing and crashing when I try to do stuff of DeePsea, I'll have to get my puter scanned for virus'..........eventually...

Please don't start throwing due dates around, that only makes things harder for us slowpokes ;P

hey anyone can send me levels to play test at use_yellowdeath@yahoo.com

i got andy's level (thanks!) but haven't had time to play it. i promise to check it out tonight and let you know.

There are no due dates, but I don't want this project taking forever! :) Who said that they wanted me to do map 07?? If the team wants me do I guess I can do it, but you as the team need to tell me if you want me to. This is not really my mapping project, it's the Doom community's project. Just let me know....thanks everyone and keep up the good work.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Cadman said:

but I don't want this project taking forever! :)

Well, with my puter continously crashing, freezing, and having like 60,000 errors pop up every minute, I wont be able to have the map I'm doing done as fast as I had hoped, And I'm more than sure my puter is way beyond help from any Anti-Virus programs, but if not, then I'm in luck :D Geeze, my puter isn't even a year old and its in crappiest condition I've ever seen a computer in...I'll keep on tryin' tho... :D

Cadman said:

There are no due dates, but I don't want this project taking forever! :) Who said that they wanted me to do map 07?? If the team wants me do I guess I can do it, but you as the team need to tell me if you want me to. This is not really my mapping project, it's the Doom community's project. Just let me know....thanks everyone and keep up the good work.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

It was me. It was just an idea (not a request), as we know you can make good maps (eg. Die1RV), and it would be fitting to have the project leader make a map for it. But at the end of the day, it's up to you if you wish to make a map or not.

As for due dates, well I have no preference as to when it's finished. (although I wouldn't like it to hit newstuff the same time as my ZDoom project does...)

Use3D said:

Anyone can send me levels to play test...

I submitted my maps a while ago but if you want to play them, let me know and I'll send them to you. (they have some unusual features)

Okay I was asked about the current map assignments and here they are..

map01 The Ultimate Doomer
map02 Thomas
map03 Alex Parsons
map04 Bad Bob
map05 Black Void
map06 Magikal
map07 Open Slot
map08 Bad Bob
map09 Bad Bob
map10 Kaiser
map11 Alex Parsons
map12 Use3D
map13 Use3D
map14 Metabolist
map15 Kaiser
map16 Andy Leaver
map17 Andy Leaver
map18 Alex Parsons
map19 Scorpion
map20 The Ultimate Doomer
map21 Sphagne
map22 Ravage
map23 Sphagne
map24 Torn
map25 RailGunner
map26 Kaiser
map27 Sphagne
map28 Doom Anomaly
map29 Magikal
map30 RailGunner
Map31 Volteface
Map32 Volteface

Also the following maps have been sent to me and completed.

map01
map02
map03
map11
map15
map17
map20
map31

I hope that brought everyone in the "Doom Community" up to date.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

sparky said:

Well Cadman, you are the project leader :)
why not do a map ?? makes sence

Cadman said:

This is not really my mapping project, it's the Doom community's project.

Have you taken into account that he may have other work to do? He may not want to do a level right away for this so more people from the Doom Community can pitch in and help out and have fun.

Understandable, it's the thought that counts. At least I think thats how it goes.

It's up to Volteface to keep the website up to date, I have no access to it to make any changes. I do it here on the forums once in a while to let the Doom community know what's going on, this is the "Community Chest" megawad project you know...;)

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

hey Cadman, will there ever be another mirc meeting?

oh, and I am done sketching map 10, tomorrow, I'll get to work on it. On every Sat. and Sundays, I'll spend time on the cchest maps.

There will be a site update later tonight or tomorrow, and the level is
coming along nicely. It may be a bit smaller than I thought though. Perhaps
a MAP32-esque (though bigger) map, with a big battle as the main point.

It's up to the team when and if they would like another meeting. The last one we had was pretty good. So, team, if you want to have another IRC meeting let me know, thanks.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Hey people- my community chest level some how got deleted; damn whacky computer. Look - I don't feel the want to do it again, so put level 5 as an open slot. I'm sorry, but atleast now you know.

Well After a few days break I am working on my 16 again..

Does anyone take long (few days) breaks?

It helps if anyone is having mappers block... :)

I usually work every other day, to prevent prolonged exposure to RealLife(tm).