Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chillax map 44 is impossible, can I add berserker and some ammos? Besides one medic is placed out map... author didnt think about reality of passable

7 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

A map in Chillax is so badly balanced that it can't be beaten, who'd have thunk it??

It's balanced, but to the difficult side :D

4 hours ago, Searcher said:

I wonder if it would be playable with suprwep8.deh?

dib28a map02 UVspeed 3:13
exe: zdoom 2.4.1

Uses the "Super Weapons VIII"(included in zip file)DeHackEd patch by Greg Lewis and crouching/jumping to hit a switch that opens a door early.

I once did a super weapons dehacked UV speed demo on Timeofdeath's "Drown in Blood" over 7 years ago(holy shit was it that long ago?) so using it in Chillax should be doable.

I think, only with straferun for avoid some linedef is passable. What should I do for make this? in glboom-plus cfg is some about straferun, is that right way?

Unbenannt.jpg

usage.txt:

MOVEMENTS              ; Movement settings
  Permanent Strafe50    ; Turns on permanent strafe 50 (equivalent to using a strafe50 mousedriver)
  Strafe50 on Turns     ; Allow strafe50 while turning

2 hours ago, 38_ViTa_38 said:

usage.txt:

I made all these setting "YES" (on glboom-plus/option/general) and it didnt make some effekt. Linedef read my movement and it activated... I need run very fast as I can. On map 43 I had something avoid a linedef for closing gate without XDRE, but now it didnt work...

28 minutes ago, 38_ViTa_38 said:

I can barely understand your English.

This option, which you writte dont work as I wanted. I want run through linedef trap and it should not activate. To realize this I need run very fast through this linedef. I did it on map 43 without XDRE. Now at moment I cant do this on all map... 

also I need perfect straferun... better without XDRE. If no way but XDRE, please can you explain me what should I do with these programm? where include this? how make setting?

Its weird that cyberdemon hunt only me although he get damage from the other monsters... exist some command that this not happen?

P.S I think, I can beat level 44

2 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Its weird that cyberdemon hunt only me although he get damage from the other monsters.

If you damaged the cyberdemon, then he will continue to hunt you for about 3 seconds, despite any damage taken from other monsters.

If you are certain that you did not damage him, then find default_comatibility_level in your prboom-plus.cfg file, and make sure it is not -1. Set it to 9 for Boom compatibility, and to 2 for vanilla/limit-removing compatibility. Or any other compatibility setting you want (I don't know them very well).

1 hour ago, 42PercentHealth said:

he will continue to hunt you for about 3 seconds, despite any damage taken from other monsters

Absolutely not.

From this page:

After a monster awakens from its idle state and it is hit for the first time, a target countdown timer called "threshold" is activated. The longer a monster walks around with the same target, the lower the threshold gets. As long as the threshold remains positive, the monster will not change its target even if it is hit by another player or a monster. The monster will only choose a new target if the threshold reaches zero and the monster is hit by another monster or player, or if its current target dies. The threshold system does not apply to the arch-vile, which changes its target immediately to the player or monster that hurts it.

The base threshold counter is set to 100 tics, or about 3 seconds[2].

Yeah I just noticed that page was utterly wrong. I've submitted a correction to the threshold section clarifying that its reduced per step, not per tick. (I wish there would be more effort to correcting that rather than just going "its wrong"...)

Since the cyberdemon calls A_Chase every three ticks, like most monsters, this means it takes 300 ticks, or about 8.57 seconds of roaming (and it must be roaming, this timer is "suspended" when the cyberdemon fires, goes into pain flinch, etc) before it will decide to take another target.

EDIT: So I was digging into the source a bit further, and it seems the "Three seconds" confusion is actually the fault of Carmack, as the BASETHRESHOLD constant is commented "// follow a player exlusively for 3 seconds". Its there in the jaguar, heretic, and hexen source so its likely a carmack comment and not added in during the source cleanup.

Edited by InsanityBringer

2 minutes ago, InsanityBringer said:

Since the cyberdemon calls A_Chase every three ticks, like most monsters

So which ones have different pattern?

Zombiemen and Mancubi calls it every four ticks, Pinkies, Spectres, Revenants, and Arch-Viles call it every two ticks. This means Zombiemen and Mancubi will change their targets after ~11.43 seconds of roaming, and pinkies and revs will change after ~5.71 seconds of roaming.

I guess "Most monsters" is actually wrong there, heh.

2 minutes ago, InsanityBringer said:

This means Zombiemen ... will change their targets after ~11.43 seconds of roaming

Tfw you're relying on a zombieman to go to town on a horde but you accidentally piss it off. :S 

A question, can my demo call UV-MAX because of 100% or more kills but I dont kill all archviles? 

P.S I did 65% of map. Really hard even with TAS

30 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

A question, can my demo call UV-MAX because of 100% or more kills but I dont kill all archviles? 

Hell no. But you can go play with the UV-respawn kids.

29 minutes ago, dew said:

Hell no. But you can go play with the UV-respawn kids.

Just a question out of curiosity, besides smart total in PrBoom+, is there any method to check this completion stats? (especially on vanilla)