• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sir Deus Midi

how to use wads on chocolate doom?

Using the -file or -merge parameter from the command line eg

chocolate-doom -iwad doom2.wad -file newmaps.wad

chocolate-doom -iwad doom2.wad -merge newsprites.wad

Drag-and-drop might work too, but I don't use Apple computers.

Another option would be to use a frontend launcher like ZDL, if you're not comfortable with a command line interface.

Also, adding to what Voros said, in the case you have wads for Doom 1 or Final Doom, instead of using -iwad doom2.wad, you have to type -iwad doom.wad/tnt.wad/plutonia.wad

This depend on what iwad your pwad uses. Pwads are custom wads, and iwads are the original games. Usually, every wad you download comes with a text file also, specifying which iwad corresponds.

Hope this also helped!

17 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Also, adding to what Voros said, in the case you have wads for Doom 1 or Final Doom, instead of using -iwad doom2.wad, you have to type -iwad doom.wad/tnt.wad/plutonia.wad

This depend on what iwad your pwad uses. Pwads are custom wads, and iwads are the original games. Usually, every wad you download comes with a text file also, specifying which iwad corresponds.

Hope this also helped!

thanks! it did!

Personally I have to use -merge for custom WADs to work. I tried -file like I'm used to in GZDoom to no avail.

First of all, configure your IWADs in the bundled launcher. Then, use the “Select game” drop-down list to select the proper IWAD and add these command line arguments below to launch the game. Writing manually file paths can be boring, so just drag and drop the file from a Finder window into this text field to add that path quickly.

-merge [absolute path of wad 1] [absolute path of wad n] -deh [absolute path of deh patch 1] [absolute path of deh patch n]

For example, this famous partial conversion requires the user loads two wads and one external DeHacked patch.

-merge /Users/[redacted]/doom/btsx_e1a.wad /Users/[redacted]/doom/btsx_e1b.wad -deh /Users/[redacted]/doom/btsx_e1.deh

3 hours ago, Nevander said:

Personally I have to use -merge for custom WADs to work. I tried -file like I'm used to in GZDoom to no avail.

If the wad contains custom sprites that replace only some but not all IWAD sprites, and maybe also if the wad contains improperly included flats, -merge is necessary, otherwise -file is sufficient.