• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Random Wad Goodness

Epyo said:

couldnt get the red key, had to idkfa

Yeah, I remembered playing this some time ago as soon as I got to the red key, and remembered that I couldn't get it last time I played. I idclipped onto the box and got it.

A quick check in DeePsea showed that you have to lower the box by activating a nearby line which isn't obvious as an activatable line. Same with the yellow key.

A pretty good old school type house mod though. Esp compared with all the poor house levels out there. The method of getting the keys let it down.

Heh, I like cause it's fun, and there are plenty of monsters to keep you occupied. However, I agree with you Enjay, the keys puzzles are just too hard to figure out.

I'm a bit puzzled by these comments about the keys being hard to get. It seemed quite straightforward. For the red key you just needed to lower the neighbouring crate, the blue key was no problem as long as you found the room it was in, and the yellow key was accessible by hitting a switch or two. Or did I do something über1337 without even realizing it? [When I first played this map, IIRC I got the red key by straferunning at ground level into the crate it was on; I haven't been able to reproduce this since though, so maybe I'm imagining it.]

Hey Grazza, you're right! You DO have to lower the crate next to the red key box to get the red key. I would've never guessed at all....

Grazza said:

For the red key you just needed to lower the neighbouring crate...

That's true, but I thought it wasn't obvious. Basically you are having to find a secret before you can complete the level.

Grazza said:

It seemed quite straightforward.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Enjay said:

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I also sometimes get stuck on things that are actually quite simple. Still, when you see a bunch of crates, don't you tend to assume that there will be one or two of them that can be lowered for no apparent reason? Fortunately, modern mappers tend to use megastacks of crates less often than they did in the mid-1990s.