Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UglyStru

Valve develops another Hearthstone competitor instead of something logical

j7o7mh1vzsdff0lv0ovn.png

So instead of designing something else like HL3, L4D3, even a fucking remaster of anything to Source 2, Valve decides to make yet another card game to compete with the rest. And honestly, why....? 

This is the last thing they needed to make. I understand Dota has such a high amount of followers, but we could really do without this. Why just add to the pile of unoriginal P2W garbage just because everyone else is doing it? (Implying Valve even has the time and energy to put into balancing and supporting a card game) I hope to god this gets scrapped.

EDIT: Btw, Gwent is the only one I wholeheartedly support since it started as a minigame in one of the best western RPGs ever made. 

t1miq0wqc596xtf0lbvq.png

If it is illogical is yet to be seen. Bet it'll make them a lot of money. (Just because a lot of people see a valve game and immediately decide to try it)

Edit : The tf2 and YT reactions are hilarious though, especially the valve only cares about money ones.

If we're lucky it will be the first of this kind of games that doesn't suck ass.

Spoilers we won't be

27 minutes ago, Pegg said:

If it is illogical is yet to be seen. Bet it'll make them a lot of money. (Just because a lot of people see a valve game and immediately decide to try it)

Edit : The tf2 and YT reactions are hilarious though, especially the valve only cares about money ones.

With the heat it's getting, I don't expect it to make them nearly as much as it would if they made something the community actually wanted. 

This will make them a lot of money so it is completely logical

You can argue whether it is immoral or not, however

The people negatively reacting to it weren't going to be the ones targeted anyways.

Spoiler

I'm still hoping for a Ricochet VR game

It's probably just a couple of guys working on it.

Everyone else is just swimming in their money.

Of course it'll be successful. A free to play game made by the creators of the most popular DRM content distribution system? No Brainer, there.

On 8/9/2017 at 10:00 PM, stru said:

With the heat it's getting, I don't expect it to make them nearly as much as it would if they made something the community actually wanted. 

They are getting a lot of positive replies by their target (Dota 2 community). The ones who are up in arms are tf2 and people screaming for l4d3\hl3.

Nearly every person memeing and screaming about the announcement will play it anyway. 

Things have gotten to a point now where I just don't even care.

Stopped looking forward to HL Episode 3 YEARS ago...

1 hour ago, stru said:

The "heat" you are talking about is actually one of the main reasons why people who play wizard-poker will also pick up the game Valve is making, because it's free PR. That being said, let me congratulate you for being a part of that unpaid PR-machine.

PR aside, I've yet to see a video game that mankind really needed. By your logic, games like Torchlight shouldn't exist, because Path of exile (which by the way does have P2W aspects in it, just sayin') does exist. And Quake Champions shouldn't exist, because Overwatch exists. Next thing you're gonna tell us is that Doom shouldn't exist, because Wolfenstein exists. I don't like the way your logic "works" is what I'm saying.

13 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

The "heat" you are talking about is actually one of the main reasons why people who play wizard-poker will also pick up the game Valve is making, because it's free PR. That being said, let me congratulate you for being a part of that unpaid PR-machine.

PR aside, I've yet to see a video game that mankind really needed. By your logic, games like Torchlight shouldn't exist, because Path of exile (which by the way does have P2W aspects in it, just sayin') does exist. And Quake Champions shouldn't exist, because Overwatch exists. Next thing you're gonna tell us is that Doom shouldn't exist, because Wolfenstein exists. I don't like the way your logic "works" is what I'm saying.

You spent a ridiculous amount of words to tell someone you don't like their logic.  Which also happens to be (one of) the least negative posts about the game.

15 minutes ago, Red said:

88a.jpg

Carmack was never quoted in saying this and if you could link to me where, that'd be great.  The only thing he's said in a context similar to this is that "treating consoles as equals to PC was a mistake." He was referring to the release of Rage on consoles. 

That quote could mean something more along the lines of 'gaming taking off on machines intended for office work was not intended'.

41 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

By your logic, games like Torchlight shouldn't exist, because Path of exile (which by the way does have P2W aspects in it, just sayin') does exist. And Quake Champions shouldn't exist, because Overwatch exists. Next thing you're gonna tell us is that Doom shouldn't exist, because Wolfenstein exists. I don't like the way your logic "works" is what I'm saying.

You never like the way my logic works anyway so I don't know why you bother commenting on my posts.

Anyway, we went years without CCGs like this. Within the last 12-18months, look at how many came outta f--king nowhere. If 10 ARPGs came out with Path of Exile's 3.0, I'd put up the same debate. It's not the fact that there are so many. It's the fact that so many are being made within SUCH a short period of time. I heard of 4 upcoming CCGs like this just in the last month alone. 

Edited by stru

Valve hasn't made a creative game since half life. every game they've made has either been a remake of one of their older ones, or games made of ideas people already had (Dota 2) It doesnt surprise me that they'd try to compete with blizzard, but people have long since found the hard way that competing with blizzard never works out well.

7 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

Valve hasn't made a creative game since half life. every game they've made has either been a remake of one of their older ones, or games made of ideas people already had (Dota 2) It doesnt surprise me that they'd try to compete with blizzard, but people have long since found the hard way that competing with blizzard never works out well.

Idk, Diablo 3 lost to Grinding Gear Games pretty damn hard. Overwatch slaughtered Battleborn though.

Praise Valve, for while not having new games, it has surely given the community a opportunity to make some content on their own. And their tech is kinda like the new Doom, can run on shittiest laptops, Source is really a great thing. So whenever I hear news like this, I turn my head to the community, and play hl1 mods or any source mod in fact. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, SavageCorona said:

What??

Well in a world where modern games require 8 gigs of RAM to function on lowest settings, first hl1 and even TF2 feels like stuff that can be ran on potatoes. Plus, its really good.

Just now, SavageCorona said:

I meant that at least the grammar implied that you can run Doom 2016 on a shitty laptop. Which it sure as heck can't.

Oh, don't be silly mah boi. Everyone says Doom 2016 instead...

... Do you, guys?

TF2 is unoptimized as hell due to all the hats, no way it runs on a potato unless you butcher the settings. HL is way better optimized.