Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

To be honest, i cannot remember. It is the nickname i use in ZDaemon and so i use it here as well.

9 hours ago, CzechMate29200 said:

@Kerberos i think that's the name of a Mac app, I'm not to sure though

and welcome to DW!

Thank you !!!

Has a rather deep backstory...

Spoiler

...of misery and juvenileness.

Spoiler

One thing to know. I was a kiddo one could easily refer to as 'butt monkey', or even so, 'chew toy', just to put it bluntly. Particularly the cause was that I let bullies and fear overgrow me all and every time due to mere insecurity and in a fairytale-esque belief in Karma - which barely happened anytime.

But the same time, I was also a rather immature f*cker, and a seeker of pure vengeance outta powerless misery. Each and every time, should one of them bullies find themselves in a temporary state of weakness or exposure, I'd take the chance and make their matters worse than Hell - to momentary feeling of bitter triumph at best.

I was convinced that I didn't deserve to be a punching bag just because I could be taken advantage of very easily - and as time progressed and bullying was slowly grown out by peers, my "strong feelings of justice" insisted hard on that I deserved to be compensated for everything I had to endure during my childhood.

In '08, I was admitted to a secondary grammar school, said to be the best in my rural neighborhood. The same time my mother would say: "Listen here, you need to make friends there, these five years will be the most influential ones during your scholar time, got it?". That was the moment I felt true despair coming over me.

To be fair, I told her almost nothing about what was happening to me whilst in elementary school, so she wasn't aware - and this is where immaturity really kicks in. My early insecureness and flatout repulsion towards failure made me into a comfy pansy who would never participate in anything optional that needs a fair combination of - mostly vigorous - motion and teamwork. So: telling her would solve the problem temporarily once, maybe twice, but then, I would've been forced to do against bullying by myself - which, as a constant abuser of ephemeral joy, was the thing I wanted as much as a ventral hernia.

Then I was given this task and to think about how to accomplish it - two and a half months to go. And this is where the most gruesome and unbelieveably surreal part comes - I'd quote my near-exact thoughts.

Maybe. Maybe if I could become something or someone really, really loved. Someone who is so influential and awesome that people would go crazy just by the mentions of they themselves. Maybe if I could arrange that cheering crowds of people would become infatuated with my enormously decent character of community... Then I'd NEVER have to worry about anything anymore. Just in case some grumpy displeased f*cker would still cross my path of being happy and pleased, confident in what I'm thinking of becoming someone viable - all I'll have to do is to make all my fans arise against this one person, roll over them and MAKE ALL THEIR REMAINING LIVES DOOMED INTO COMPLETE MISERY...

And here I came. I'd become a brand new person under the alias 'Cell Marcell, the rapper' - who would later fail even more pathetically than he lived up to that point. One day that one story will be told as well - or not.

"Cell Marcell" as a name, in particular, just played with the returning syllable - Marcell isn't my real name either, but it would be nicknamed by Hungarians the exact same as my real first name, the one that, in fact, I utterly despised in a long-lasting phase between '08 and '13. Combined with my surname, which was referring to the same location as one would find a rather (in)famous Blue Oyster Bar in Hungary.

Since '10, when I made my account, falls straight midst into said phase, it's obvious why I'd become my formerly-loved alias here as well. 'Cell Marcell' as a person might be dead by now in particular, but small "outcries" like this would always remind me not to make the same dumb and blatant mistakes in life ever again.

Long story short: it's not (deliberately) related to the ingame Plasma ammunition at all.

[EDIT] And if you've read the full Spoilers: no, not in reference to "padded" either. Heh.

Edited by Cell

Just now, TootsyBowl said:

Really? I thought your name was Dylan.

No.

joshmon is already taken, try thejoshmon

thejoshmon is taken, try mrthejoshmon

Welcome mrthejoshmon!

Thanks Youtube.

I wanted to have an alternative name to my version of Doomguy, which will be featured in The Doomguy Reviews, a web review show that I've been planning to get off the ground for some time now, but real life has caused me to be too busy to even attempt working on said review show. In other words, my version of Doomguy has multiple names and monikers (The Man of Doom, That Guy with the Helmet, etc.)

But in regards as to where "Man of Doom" actually came from:

Spoiler

*cough* DMCHOSHO *cough*

2 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

I wanted to have an alternative name to my version of Doomguy, which will be featured in The Doomguy Reviews, a web review show that I've been planning to get off the ground for some time now, but real life has caused me to be too busy to even attempt working on said review show. In other words, my version of Doomguy has multiple names and monikers (The Man of Doom, That Guy with the Helmet, etc.)

But in regards as to where "Man of Doom" actually came from:

Reveal hidden contents

*cough* DMCHOSHO *cough*

So what does he say in the show?  Does he just grunt and/or rip and tear the controller/keyboard?

1 hour ago, TootsyBowl said:

Does he just grunt and/or rip and tear the controller/keyboard?

Only when he deals with a legendarily shitty game. ;)

People called me Rick even it's not my real name.. 

I'm pretty certain that my name is from a non canon Dragonball Z villein...

I had just started junior high and was slowly coming out of my edgy/so random phase. The original version of this name was Gothic Block, which I used for a game called Blockland (don't judge) and when I was making a Doomworld account two years later, I changed block to box since it was similar.

had an older sister who was a real bitch, so we called her a grouchbag.I thought it was humorous, hence my user name.

Edited by grouchbag

Sodaholic because I literally used to drink more soda than actual water everyday. I almost never drink soda now.

Blastfrog because I like Marathon 2 quite a bit. "Frog blast the vent core!"

The reference in FF7 to MBV and it's the name I've used in Quake 3/Quake Live the last 10 years.

looks amazing! is it planned that fans can create levels? As one could see this has a big impact on the community.

7 minutes ago, termrork said:

looks amazing! is it planned that fans can create levels? As one could see this has a big impact on the community.

Uhh lol did you get hacked

oh... I am so sorry. I wanted to post this in a different thread... if you want you can delete these posts since they do not make sense here at all.

edit: sorry for all the inconvenience...

edit2: also I have not a single clue how I landed here, I was in a thread in doom general

edit3: to make at least one comment ontopic: termrork for t ER m ROR k so a combination of error and TMK for the first letters of my names (yeah I know quite odd, but I was about 8 years old when I came up with this. when I came up with error was even earlier, I did not even know what it means, I was just typing something as a nick into the keyboard, was around 6-7 years old).

Edited by termrork

This is the name I chose when I first made a Playstation screen/user name. It's literally what you think it is: I imagined Chewbaca from Stars Wars in a Ninja outfit 69ing. I know, real mature. ::shrugs::

I stole it from Gamespy Naminator when I was 13 and I regret it but I don't want to change it so people still know who I am.

Then again I have my shitposter title so people will likely still know.

On 7/16/2017 at 0:49 AM, grouchbag said:

had an older sister who was a real bitch, so we called her a grouchbag.I thought it was humorous, hence my user name.

I'm curious about your use of past tense here---'had an older sister'. Is that to say she is no longer around?

Was assigned to me as a default name while playing Arma II for some reason, so it just stuck

also red is the superior color