• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AleksB

Doom builder 2 questions

Question

Helllo fellow Doomers!

I have a couple questions for the editing community,

I am making two wads for a doom map contest by a twitch streamer by the name of Joel.  I want the two maps to play sequentially and i coudnt find any youtube videos on it.  So if someone could guide me in the right direction to make my two maps one wad, that would be awesome!!  My other question is, is that in one of my boss fights, im trying to make the monster not see you even tho he sees you.  Kinda like the final doom level where it was a bunch of cyberdemons and they didnt react to you until you pushed a switch.  Im somewhat new to the map making community and any help is appreciated.  Thanks all!

11 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, AleksB said:

im trying to make the monster not see you even tho he sees you

Make an invisible wall between you and the cybers, make the switch lower the wall. Voila.

(if you don't know how to make the invisible wall: search for "self-referencing sectors" if you're working with vanilla and "action 242" if the map is for Boom.)

Wait, are you talking about Joel from Vinesauce? I can't see any videos about new Doom mapping contest. Anyway, you need scripts and mapinfo lump for it and maps for execution in zdoom/gzdoom udmf. 

5 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Anyway, you need scripts and mapinfo lump for it and maps for execution in zdoom/gzdoom udmf.

You can do these things without scripting and without mapinfo lumps, because final doom worked without scripting and without mapinfo lumps.

19 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

Make an invisible wall between you and the cybers, make the switch lower the wall. Voila.

(if you don't know how to make the invisible wall: search for "self-referencing sectors" if you're working with vanilla and "action 242" if the map is for Boom.)

uh.....don't forget to add a deaf flag to the monster, I guess

Just now, leodoom85 said:

uh.....don't forget to add a deaf flag to the monster, I guess

No need for that -- the wall will already block the sound, silly! :]

...it will, right?

If you're using GZDoom, just set the Dormant flag on the boss and give it a tag.  Then to wake it up, use Thing_Activate, either as a linedef special or via ACS, and make sure you use the same tag.

If it were scripted it would be like this:

script 1 (void)

{

Thing_Activate(100) <-------100 is a example of TID

}

and monsters are set to dormant first....

22 minutes ago, Poohlyash said:

He throws another one?

Yea he is doing another one this year.  I cant find a date as of yet tho

43 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

Im gunna give this a try.  Thanks dude!