Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AleksB

Map 02 loading error

Hey fellers.

So I made two maps that I want to played together, and i saved the second map into the first one and everytime i finish the first map, it says it failed to load map 02.  I tried this in ZDOOM and GZDOOM and both times it happened.  Can anyone guide me in the right direction?  I spent a ton of time on these maps and this is really starting to get frustrating lol

In slade or in other program? Maybe could you show your wad or show screenshots from slade with opened wad?

4 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

In slade or in other program? Maybe could you show your wad or show screenshots from slade with opened wad?

Doom builder 2

2 minutes ago, AleksB said:

Doom builder 2

That's a bad idea. Drop wad here and maybe someone will help you to save your work and nerves.

18 minutes ago, AleksB said:

So I made two maps that I want to played together, and i saved the second map into the first one and everytime i finish the first map, it says it failed to load map 02. 

I probably know the cause but it's better to drop the wad for further checks.

Did you add a Player 1 start? Are there any missing lumps? Did you rebuild the nodes?

What's the error message?

7 minutes ago, Voros said:

Did you add a Player 1 start? Are there any missing lumps? Did you rebuild the nodes?

What's the error message?

Error loading Map 02.

Found the reason, the lump of map 02 is called D_STALKS. That's why the map doesn't work

Just now, leodoom85 said:

Found the reason, the lump of map 02 is called D_STALKS. That's why the map doesn't work

I did that so I could change the music.  Can I not do it that way?

21 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

That's a bad idea. Drop wad here and maybe someone will help you to save your work and nerves.

There is nothing wrong about using DoomBuilder 2, if it runs fine for the person in question.

I did that so I could change the music.  Can I not do it that way?

No. The map must be named as map02 no matter what.

Also, just a friendly reminder that you should you google drive or dropbox for sharing files. Mediafire is full of bad adverstiments and clickbaits which redirects in other pages

Just now, Nine Inch Heels said:

There is nothing wrong about using DoomBuilder 2, if it runs fine for the person in question.

I didn't say anything bad about it. I wanted to know if he used slade for combining wads into one.

It worked guys!  Ill post a link to the wad and if you guys want, give it a shot.  Im somewhat new and I made these for the joel doom mapping contest for 2017.  I know I wont win but I wanted to send them in anyway.  I would like to get feedback since these are my first two serious maps I dedicated alot of time on.

24 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Thanks for your help man I really appreciate it

18 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Well, you should put that link in op too with important information like used ports for testing, screenshots. Also, did Joel put video for official Doom mapping contest 2017? I can't find it. 

Ports tested were zdoom, gzdoom and skulltag.  But I tested it again and found some texture bugs that I just had fixed.  And no he didnt, but he did say he was doing another one for 2017, just hasnt released a date as of yet :/