Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

I haven't given it a proper play through yet. I was just super impressed with the over all presentation of the map itself. 

You can check it out for yourself here

submitted by @antares031

Very impressive.

Oh my god dobu that looks insane! Great to see this in its (almost) final form, and regarding framerate fwiw I've got an early version of this map that runs at like 1-2FPS in places using QZDoom. From the looks of things, it wasn't even half as detailed then as it is now.

EDIT: Can't really follow on from that, so I'll just post a builder shot. MAP01 layout is like 95% finished now, just needs one last push really to get finished up.

ErisTNTmaps_at_2017.08.07_22-52-00.166_R

This map is so stupid - there are 4 pixel wide ledges that if you fall off you're dead with no way out, also there is a parkour that just one jump missed will make you fall into the poison and die.

btw it is in no monsters mode - that's a test map designed by me

w.png

On 8/7/2017 at 9:48 PM, dobu gabu maru said:

Nearly finished; seeing the light at the end of the tunnel has never felt so good :)

DgPRmPE.jpg

I got a suggestion for this map's title:

Eien no Duumu.

;)

@Jimp Argon when you post these pics, can you please post the names of the WAD(s) they're from if they're not your own work? I'd love to check some of these maps out for myself!

8 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

@Jimp Argon when you post these pics, can you please post the names of the WAD(s) they're from if they're not your own work? I'd love to check some of these maps out for myself!

Its the secret map 31 in Epic 2.

As for the previous shots. Halo Doom, Super KF Turbo (skulltag).

As for the info on all my random screenshots I post.... I'll see what I can do.  ;-)

Edited by Jimp Argon

1 hour ago, galileo31dos01 said:

This would be me in my bed if ghost imps were actual existing things

You know, using a RL in there may be even more dangerous than trying to punch the imps. I'd recommend you to keep a trusty shotgun in your bed instead.

2 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

You know, using a RL in there may be even more dangerous than trying to punch the imps. I'd recommend you to keep a trusty shotgun in your bed instead.

As far as I understand, shells don't do anything to ghosts

I seem to remember hearing that if the hitscan is aimed 100% correctly (and I do mean 100% without any error so that the trace falls exactly on the coordinate the ghost monster occupies), a hitscan attack can hit a ghost. I don't know for certain though, and doing that seems like an exercise in futility.

I would stick to the rocket launcher.

34 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

As far as I understand, shells don't do anything to ghosts

Forgot about that.

27 minutes ago, InsanityBringer said:

I seem to remember hearing that if the hitscan is aimed 100% correctly (and I do mean 100% without any error so that the trace falls exactly on the coordinate the ghost monster occupies), a hitscan attack can hit a ghost. I don't know for certain though, and doing that seems like an exercise in futility.

I read about that as well. I've never tried myself, but I do know that the "weak point" is in the base of the monster (i.e. feet).

33 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

but I do know that the "weak point" is in the base of the monster (i.e. feet).

What would be the weak point for non-walkers? 

1 minute ago, galileo31dos01 said:

What would be the weak point for non-walkers? 

I guess it'd be the bottom of their sprite.

1 hour ago, bzzrak said:

Started "working" on a "map" for Recycled CP today at 3 AM because who the hell sleeps at that time.

http://i.imgur.com/wQdIrD1.png

Looks a bit too unorganized perhaps? You have all sorts of unrelated things on the wall, and then a very weird cage on top. It's nice to have a little detail here and there, but don't get too crazy with that.

Just now, Memfis said:

Looks a bit too unorganized perhaps? You have all sorts of unrelated things on the wall, and then a very weird cage on top. It's nice to have a little detail here and there, but don't get too crazy with that.

You start in the cage, then you lower the floor and get out. But the cage stays there.

Also I kinda like the unrelated things, it looks cool.

The lion head doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a thematic standpoint, but then again this is Doom. :P Maybe I'm just being pedantic.

2 minutes ago, Memfis said:

A looooooong door

Reminds me of how I was playing TNT Evilution for the first time ever, entered MAP12 and thought exactly this.