Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

2 hours ago, 38_ViTa_38 said:

Every monster has its mass set to zero, the port crashes every time a monster takes damage.

Pacifist lvl666

A trollish idea. Every item or powerup that heals you, instead of healing it damages you. >:)

Heh, load this deh and pick up a health potion.

maxhl0_1.zip

(Warning: crash risk.)

This one is safer:

maxhl000.zip

Edited by Grazza

What about "Brutal Exrtreme weapon pack"? XD

That is actually a good idea and not stupid. Or maybe just loading Ketchup alongside it would be the basic setup.

Opposite doom: a mod made out from opposites

A mod where everybody screams: player screams, monsters are all modified with the screaming kamikaze zombie guy, item pickups screams (like a soul sphere see you and scream) alerting all the other monsters, icon of sin is a powerful version of a endless screaming reverant that shots screaming cubes weapons screams, all music is the stock music but made out of screams, sounds is just ear rape versions of stock sounds, all textures are based upon screaming faces and every text is just AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

A mod where you are a pet or a infant child driving a mech suit.

Something that will be like woooo or mock 2 but for Deathmatch.

Old Doom: A mod where the doom guy is a old grumpy veteran in reiterament, but the demons attacked his hospice... And they're very old too!

Edited by Walter confetti

Every single monster is replaced with Cyberdemon

ACTOR Cyber1 : Cyberdemon REPLACES DoomImp
{
   Scale 0.3
}
ACTOR Cyber2 : Cyberdemon REPLACES HellKnight
{
   Scale 0.35
}
ACTOR Cyber3 : Cyberdemon REPLACES BaronOfHell
{
   Scale 0.35
}
ACTOR Cyber4 : Cyberdemon REPLACES Revenant 
{
   Scale 0.35
}
ACTOR Cyber5 : Cyberdemon REPLACES PainElemental
{
   +NOGRAVITY
   Scale 0.35
}
ACTOR Cyber6 : Cyberdemon REPLACES LostSoul
{
   +NOGRAVITY
   Scale 0.1
}
ACTOR Cyber6 : Cyberdemon REPLACES ChaingunGuy
{
   Scale 0.3
}
ACTOR Cyber7 : Cyberdemon REPLACES Fatso
{
   Scale 0.3
}
ACTOR Cyber8 : Cyberdemon REPLACES Archvile
{
   Scale 0.4
}
ACTOR Cyber9 : Cyberdemon REPLACES Arachnotron
{
   Scale 0.3
}
ACTOR Cyber10 : Cyberdemon REPLACES Demon
{
   Scale 0.3
}
ACTOR Cyber11 : Cyberdemon REPLACES Spectre
{
   Scale 0.3
}
ACTOR Cyber12 : Cyberdemon REPLACES ShotgunGuy
{
   Scale 0.3
}
ACTOR Cyber13 : Cyberdemon REPLACES ZombieMan
{
   Scale 0.3
}
ACTOR Cyber14 : Cyberdemon REPLACES SpiderMastermind
{
   Scale 0.9
}
ACTOR Cyber15 : Cyberdemon REPLACES Cyberdemon
{
   Scale 1.3
}

Should do it. Quick, dirty, untested.

An idea I once had would have had a weapon replaced by FF6's Phantom Train and the way this weapon would work is like how it is possible for Sabin to suplex the train in that game. So in other words, Doomguy picks up Phantom Train, jumps high and crash lands on ground damaging anyone around him. The "Motherfucker suplexed a train!" mod in other words.

"Doomed"

The rules are that you move around at a realistic running speed and nobody is allowed to use guns...but the enemies ignore that rule and still have their guns.  You, however, play a law abiding doomguy that doesn't want to break any laws.  So, you have two "Weapons".  

Weapon 1: Throw both hands in the air and Doomguy informs the enemy that he is unarmed and not a threat.

Weapon 2: A cell phone with 911 on speed dial.  Use it, and the police will show up between three and twenty minutes later, time determined by a random number generator.  

To win, all you have to do is survive.

3 minutes ago, Tracer said:

You, however, play a law abiding doomguy that doesn't want to break any laws.

What is this, California?? Last I knew, self-defense was still legal in most, if not all, states.

Just now, Tracer said:

In the mod's universe, guns are illegal.  

Eh, fair enough.

My stupid mod idea: I always thought a cyberdemon with hitscan rockets would be fun to kill players with. No dodge-able projectile -- just the thing points at you and WHAM! 128 points of splash damage + impact damage.

A mod called "Laces" where Doomguy trips over his laces at random intervals.  When he trips, he makes his "uuunnnpphhh!" noise.  He then has to tie his shoes.

3 hours ago, Voros said:

Should do it. Quick, dirty, untested.

The scale property only affects their appearance, not their hitbox, so you might want to change their radius and height properties as well.

14 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Eh, fair enough.

My stupid mod idea: I always thought a cyberdemon with hitscan rockets would be fun to kill players with. No dodge-able projectile -- just the thing points at you and WHAM! 128 points of splash damage + impact damage.

I did something like that once, except for I replaced all the enemies in Doom II with SSGMarines that kill you. Maybe I should release it here... :)

The scale property only affects their appearance, not their hitbox, so you might want to change their radius and height properties as well.

Yep, but it's on the right track, I guess.

I'm currently working on a project for my small circle of gaming friends called Castle Austinsteed, simply as reference to all of our injokes and buffoonery. While it isn't a mod, it's like a semi TC as it replaces most of the textures, adds new levels, and sounds and shit. Also and I'm not bothering to use DHacked. First and foremost, it heavily references and parodies other games, movies, the internet in general, etc, and probably only the Swooce SquadTM would get all of them. 

So starting with the items, health comes down to various sizes of mountain dew, the health bonus being a mtn dew potion, stim pack being a can, medkit being a pack, and the soulsphere is a keg. Armor is replaced with various deathmasks, with a Rattle Me Bones and a M'lady mask for intensifying tippingTM, small bags of Doritos also serve as armor bonuses. There will also be a magical cloaking cloak courtesy of Jerma. 

Weapons still function the same as doom's but have different sprites;

The pistol will now be a sniper rifle of epic proportions, the chainsaw will be a circular saw, and the fists a katana. I wanted a crossbow in the game but wasn't sure what slot to put it in for the ammo to make sense so the SSG is now a self loading "double barreled" crossbow shotgun. And the BFG is now a flintlock pistol. Due to the fists being a katana, the Berserk pack is now lotion, a box of tissues, and a stack of hentai mags to make your "swings" stronger.

The enemies are mostly shitely drawn in ms paint or stolen from some where else. Imps are replaced with lazer gun wielding demonic humanoid rabbits. The pinky is replaced with a pie throwing clown. The former humans are all wizards with there being the green sniper wizard, the blue shotgun wizard, the rambo wizard, and the archvile is a red staff wielding red wizard. Hell knights, Revenants, mancubi, and arachnotrons are all replaced by anime girls who flashes fireballs from their breasts. Hank Hill makes a cameo appearance as The Flying Hank, who spits out lobs of Pro Pain and Pro Pain accessories. And Alex Jones is the evil spider master mind who turns the fricken frogs gay.

The six levels each have a theme to them, the first is based off of Castle Griffithsteed. The second is based of our Pathfinder games (it's a pen an paper rpg). The third makes fun of scooby doo and other cartoons, albeit in a demonic fashion. The fourth is based off Space Station 13. The fifth level is weeabo central, heavily populated with the questionably aged fire ball breasted babes. And the final level is pirate themed slaughter level that will be impossible to beat. Every map ends with a "To Be Continued ->".

What I've described is only the tip of the iceberg that sunk the titenic.

1 hour ago, Voros said:

Yep, but it's on the right track, I guess.

Sure, it's just that if your code was used as is, there would be an immediately obvious flaw: Monsters stuck in map geometry as soon as they spawn, due to being too large to fit into the architecture at their spawn position - for example the monsters inside the 72 units tall corridor in MAP01 of Doom 2 would be stuck if their hitbox's height remained the full 110 map units of the Cyberdemon hitbox's height. I assumed this was why you included scale in your code at all - that you explicitly wanted to prevent stuck monsters (if you didn't explicitly want it, you would probably just replace the monsters without scaling them) - and I wanted to point out that you wouldn't really achieve the goal (preventing stuck monsters) that way. If I was wrong and it was never your goal to prevent stuck monsters, then nevermind.

Edited by scifista42

You're playing all 32 maps of Doom 2 almost simultaneously. Every 10 seconds the current map halts and you take control of doomguy in the next one. Repeat until all maps are completed.

Combine Doom with Snake! Doom Guy leaves trail of deadly fire behind himself that will damage enemies and flat out kill Doomguy.

Doom Fortress 2... with classes! Kapture the skull! 9 different Doom classes, each with 3 different weapons. It probably exists.

Stealth Doom. Enemies pace and have vision cones. If you're spot, you're shot. So you need to rely on stealth and well.... map knowledge, but luckily enemies pace back and forth.

Doom Walking Simulator: No enemies, no speed, no death. Just walking to give you time to observe and soak in the details.

Night Trap Doom: There are let's say 4 living Doommarines and its your job to use cameras and set up traps and turrets to protect the Doommarines as they walk through the levels unarmed and scared.

Bikinis: Anyone ever thought about putting the monsters in bikinis? Think H-Doom with less effort.

Rockets explode into plasma bullets. If you had them explode into other rockets that might be an issue.

Enemies explode. When they die... they explode. If they touch you they explode. Oh and their bullets.... they explode on impact.

Coffee or Smoke Break Doomguy. Every 5 enemies killed Doomguy needs another cup of coffee or smoke. If you don't he gets the shakes, but when he does drink or smoke he's super charged for a distance of half a mile in game. If you don't smoke or drink quick enough everything starts to go black or red.

10 minutes ago, Memfis said:

You're playing all 32 maps of Doom 2 almost simultaneously. Every 10 seconds the current map halts and you take control of doomguy in the next one. Repeat until all maps are completed.

If I remember there was a computer program / AI that could play the first 4 Mario games at once using the same button combinations like jump, left, right and it would do the same for each game.

1 hour ago, geo said:

Enemies explode. When they die... they explode. If they touch you they explode. Oh and their bullets.... they explode on impact.

That sounds like Boom Power.

16 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

That sounds like Boom Power.

I felt that might exist somewhere.

Hell Tycoon.

You know, like those good old Tycoon management games. Only with demons.

Grand Theft Doom: San Hades

where you're in hell and you can hijack all demons' cars and steal their weapons. Then punch the shit out of them. While running from the cops (Barons and ArchViles). And also killing other rival demon gang members (imps and  pinkies).

yeah I know this one really sucks...but that's the whole point of this thread!!

13 hours ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Remaster all those terry crew wads into something playable and tolerable with good story or just combine good parts into one large map. It's just a dream, nothing more.

The latter was made, it's called Terry sucks.

1 hour ago, geo said:

Combine Doom with Snake! Doom Guy leaves trail of deadly fire behind himself that will damage enemies and flat out kill Doomguy.

Doom Fortress 2... with classes! Kapture the skull! 9 different Doom classes, each with 3 different weapons. It probably exists.

Stealth Doom. Enemies pace and have vision cones. If you're spot, you're shot. So you need to rely on stealth and well.... map knowledge, but luckily enemies pace back and forth.

Doom Walking Simulator: No enemies, no speed, no death. Just walking to give you time to observe and soak in the details.

Night Trap Doom: There are let's say 4 living Doommarines and its your job to use cameras and set up traps and turrets to protect the Doommarines as they walk through the levels unarmed and scared.

Bikinis: Anyone ever thought about putting the monsters in bikinis? Think H-Doom with less effort.

Rockets explode into plasma bullets. If you had them explode into other rockets that might be an issue.

Coffee or Smoke Break Doomguy. Every 5 enemies killed Doomguy needs another cup of coffee or smoke. If you don't he gets the shakes, but when he does drink or smoke he's super charged for a distance of half a mile in game. If you don't smoke or drink quick enough everything starts to go black or red.

There's already 2 or 3 TF mods.

21 minutes ago, elsaltaccount#9999 said:

The latter was made, it's called Terry sucks.

There are a lot of them.