• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red

Things that were cancelled and still hurts

On 8/15/2017 at 10:42 AM, Chezza said:

Stalker 2.

And GSC had it in early production too.

I seem to recall that they were also planning to make it "always online" so I don't really see it as a loss anymore.

7 hours ago, Avoozl said:

I seem to recall that they were also planning to make it "always online" so I don't really see it as a loss anymore.

Hard to say if that reflects the quality of the game in any way. If they essentially made an improved Stalker with new content and new maps I would be thrilled.

If they included micro transactions with a heavy focus on multiplayer then that crosses the line.

Pretty sure the always online thing was for another project if I'm not mistaken. 

At least we got Metro out of it, and the third one seems to go a tiny bit closer to being Stalker.

Just wish they made a true free roam Metro game.

Honestly after finding out about Carmageddon TV I am pretty bummed it was canned. It might've been a spinoff but TDR 2000 was very decent still, but this was all around a time when SCi were failing miserably at rebooting the Carma series when Stainless were tired of being pushed to make more of them. Judging from rare screenshots, the rather gruesome artwork of pedestrians being pulped and the one sole short video clip on YT it was going to be kinda like a mash between traditional Carma and maybe Twisted Metal with weapons you could buy and put on your car and a likely stronger emphasis on ped gore and a generally darker tone than usual.

5 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

At least we got Metro out of it, and the third one seems to go a tiny bit closer to being Stalker.

Just wish they made a true free roam Metro game.

I always imagined a Metro spinoff where you could go to any station at any time, doing quests for various factions. It would be more closely related to the book lore. You would also be able to go up to the surface if you became a stalker or sneaked out. Imagine Fallout NV but in the Metro universe.

Anachronox 2, pretty much every high-profile fan game, mod, or rom hack that has received a cease-and-desist, and Microsoft shutting down the original Xbox LIVE.

First of all all the google results for that news were from 2011, and second of all the game was canceled in 2012. It's not my fault these events happened that long ago.

2 hours ago, Avoozl said:

First of all all the google results for that news were from 2011, and second of all the game was canceled in 2012. It's not my fault these events happened that long ago.

Yeah the rumor I was thinking about was from a few years ago, I didn't think that was before the official cancellation (also because seriously online only way back then is just sad to think about) because there were many attempts at reviving it later and many other rumors surrounding those. 

5 hours ago, Ajora said:

Dredd 2.

Heard of Judge Dredd: Mega City One?

Details are still light, but it'll be a show picking up where Dredd left off, and Karl Urban has been in talks to return as Judge Dredd himself.

If done right, I think I might actually prefer a series instead of a movie sequel.

46 minutes ago, wheresthebeef said:

Heard of Judge Dredd: Mega City One?

Details are still light, but it'll be a show picking up where Dredd left off, and Karl Urban has been in talks to return as Judge Dredd himself.

If done right, I think I might actually prefer a series instead of a movie sequel.

News to me! Surprised I'm only learning this now. 

See, I would have said Pokémon Trading Card Game GB2: Here Comes Team GR if there wasn't an unofficial translated ROM out there.

What is bothering me is on the tip-of-my-tongue there's a game that was cancelled and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. It's a 90's, maybe early 2000's era 3D platformer, if that helps anyone else guess what it was.

In some ways I don't wanna know, I don't want that sad feeling that comes with knowing it'll never happen. :P

Edited by Guest

Command and Conquer: Generals 2 still hits me. Man that would have been an awsome addition to C&C.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:55 PM, Master O said:

Commander Keen 7: The Universe Is Toast

>:(

There's an unofficial trilogy that uses modded Keen games. It's very well put together.

It would be great to have some more Keen games though.

Farscape being cancelled after the cliffhanger finale of its apex season was pretty rough. Although it was somewhat made up for with a short miniseries wrapping things up, it came only after gutting and stripping season 5 down to the bare components necessary to conclude the plotline.

Not really a game or a tv show, but here another thing which was deleted from existence but it would be great to see around today:

ced3d6cb7ed132ddb5c42d5c59ce2db5--dinosa

Dinosaurs

The Duke Nukem game that Interceptor were working on before Gearbox shat on the entire franchise and acted like the big boy in the playground saying the whole IP is theirs just because they had something to do with the worst game in the series.