Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Dusk looks thoroughly awesome

Looks cool, I just wish it didn't feel like it relies almost entirely on nostalgia, and would instead bring forth its own identity to stand out from the games its trying to pay tribute to. Still very excited to give it a shot, Strafe was enjoyable so hopefully this will be too.

I'm digging everything about it and it's great so many early reviews are saying episode 1 is great, I'll end up getting it (Episode 1 is suppose to release this month afaik)

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the weapon models being extremely primitive. Some of the level textures are generic but there's a few that are great art wise, so it's a shame they didn't try to make the weapons look better, the things that'll be on screen all the time. I know it's a style choice and I'll get over it.

I've had my eye on this for a while now. Can't wait to watch that video on my break soon. Looking forward to this game big time :D

Heres GGG's review of it, looks really promising.

Hoping the other 2 episodes are even better, Co-op would be awesome as well.

Kind of amused by the contrast between this and Strafe. Purely from watching videos, it looks like Strafe has engaging combat but feels nothing like the '90s FPS it claims to be, whereas Dusk is everything like a '90s FPS but the combat looks terribly boring. I wish somebody would just get all of it right.

Saw GGG's review some days ago and to be honest, it looks promising as a game of this kind. Fast gameplay, exploration, secrets, strong weapons, no randomly generated levels, it's all there.

I will be waiting for a full game review in the future and if it is all enjoyable, like they say about E1, then I will buy it.

Also, I hope that I won't get bored of the crazy cultist enemies everywhere. I usually get turned off by that setting and I don't know if it's just me, but lately it has started appearing a lot (for an example Outlast 2 and Far Cry 5).

Just pre-purchased it myself! GGGMan's review really sold me. I like when he has nothing bad to say since him and TotalBiscuit are really good about being brutally honest with their reviews. I probably won't play it right away though, I want to but I also kinda want to wait for release to play the whole thing at once. I wanted to support the devs though, $20 isn't much but every little bit helps them make the game better.

A mod in the Dusk discord chat just mentioned they're going to be releasing some modding tools in the near future. As much as I like this game already, I can't wait to see what comes of that :D

dusk1.jpg

Game is absolutely badass. Complete mashup of all the classic 90's FPS shooters. And then some.

Also...

FBFCF774_C613745017_B7_B23_D79_AA9_CFA02

I plan on getting this next when I'm able to get me another Steam card. I was gonna get Dying Light but it can wait (that and it costs more than Dusk :V).

14 hours ago, Buckshot said:

Game is absolutely badass. Complete mashup of all the classic 90's FPS shooters. And then some.

Also...

FBFCF774_C613745017_B7_B23_D79_AA9_CFA02

Haven't found this yet but I've come across quite a few nods to various games in the genre. Can't wait for the full release! See you in multiplayer soon enough! 

14 hours ago, Glaice said:

I'm just gonna pass on this one.

Your loss. It's great ☺️

Does the game have strafe jumping or bunny hopping? I've heard some people say that it has strafe jumping, and other say that it has bunny hopping.  

Those two tend to be pretty directly linked, considering bunny hopping is how you keep your aerial speed and strafe jumping is how you increase your aerial speed past the normal limit in a lot of FPSes.

Yes they exist and help you get to different areas if you want to use it. The game is made to be speed run exploitable too so some things you might think were broken were left that way purposely. It's a great game :D

Yep I saw how fast GGGMan was able to move. I love games like this and Quake where you can literally just haul ass on foot. That news of coop being added later is epic too, now if only I can find a friend to play with who is serious about doing so.

Completed the First episode and yes I do agree it is a bit too easy, but i also was under the impression of "Re-introducing the modern audience to the late 90's style" so i understand that maybe some people who aren't use to this kind of game yet probably got there ass kicked not taking advantage of the free movement your given. Overall, very very Good, though combat god a lil boring at times at the start of the episode, thankfully the ending and near end levels redeemed for me. I hope this game really takes off, it takes and goes by the original FPS formula literally bit by bit and isn't just trying to be "Retro" with just some modernized effects and additions that add to the already fun game. You guys should really buy it and play it Now. The final boss caught me by surprise