Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

43 minutes ago, NuMetalManiak said:

the second [episode] is just huge as hell and I got really annoying with the music sometimes (MAP12's music is just awful).

Just played MAP12: an hour and a half! I actually like most of Monti's music choices. The only one I can think of that was truly obnoxious was that MIDI of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (MAP10?) which was awful.

11 hours ago, NuMetalManiak said:

Sounds like you could use some help though considering how Reverie's going.

Yes please, at least for other people who had troubles getting half of the secrets, I'm in map 15, it's been an hour and not a single signal of any secret, and computer maps hardly ever help in this wad.

I'm playing through the Lost Episodes of Doom again with the following patch I found:

I'm also playing through it with Xaser's NecroDoom RC2, Lud's CustomDoom 1.8.2., and Spaceman333's Slomo Bullet time Ultimate universal mod.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=31741 Xaser's NecroDoom

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=51446 Lud's CustomDoom

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=57013 Spaceman333's Slomo Bullet time Ultimate universal mod

Edited by Nems : Added links to the mods I'm using so that people don't have to Google them lol

After a few failed attempts spread throughout several years, I finally managed to beat Hollow Minds in 34 minutes. It's not a highly difficult map but there are some spots that might kill you if you don't know what's coming (try to find the secret rocket launcher before entering the red key area; when you take the first teleporter DON'T MOVE and look around; use the radiation suit wisely). It's also strangely hypnotic and emotional, just like many other linear adventure maps by Kristian Aro.

Eviltech, currently on episode 2. To be honest, I'm not having so much fun with this, the first episode was completely easy and the last map (11) has a disappointing non-threatening cyber. But overall it was ok, unfortunately episode 2 so far is not going well, regardless of the difficulty, which is like if it raised two steps, there is a lot of stuff that makes the maps feel irritating. On a positive side, the music is really awesome, many songs I know and like how they sound in Doom. Let's see how this continues...

ser3lv11.wad. An excellent 1996 level. The MIDI sounds horrible though, even though it was used in Icarus.

I've been stalling out with my megawad playing.  I'm still inching my way through AV HMP, finished MAP25 today and have officially entered the slaughter portion of the set.  I'm also making progress through Moonblood for the DWMC (albeit a bit behind due to real life issues), and it's proving to be totally my jam, and what I really want out of a mapset.  I figure once I've completed one of those, I'll get started on Hellcore 2.0, maybe go back to my BTSX E1 playthrough soon...

Back To Saturn X E2 beta for the second time.  I ought to teach myself not to get lost in MAP04 again.

Played through the last two maps of Ol' No Name. Wow, were they gorgeous! MAP03 in particular; those turbine silos (or whatever) were just amazing. Those levels were balls tough, too. (Though I was glad to see that the finale was almost a breather by comparison.) Good stuff.

I've been playing through the Japanese Community Project over the past couple of days, and I'm really enjoying it so far. There's only been one map I didn't like. I'm also doing a no save run of Sunlust, though I've only got to map 09 so far.

Just started Resurgence on casual settings, and I'm really worried about something... 

Spoiler

there's a mosquito in my room since this morning and I could not kill it yet.

Dark Covenant with latest version of Beautiful Doom in GZ Doom, UV difficulty. A straightforward, enjoyable blast so far (3 levels completed), three cheers for so called 'linearity'. Was a bit surprised though to find some Wolfenstein-type stuff in the very first level, and a room with four Cyberdemons near the end of Level 3, though this in fact turned out to be a telefragging setup.

5 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

@42PercentHealth Turned out I liked Resurgence more, the plasma marines were lovely compared to the annoyingly-fast-as-flash ones in Scythe 2.

I think the main reason I like Scythe 2 better is the level design of the later maps (well, 24-27, plus map 30). The Resurgence levels got to be a bit large, and somewhat reliant on arch-viles and chaingunners toward the end. Not too bad, though -- still my 2nd favorite WAD.

Who here thinks I can get through Speed of Doom on Ultra Violence? I have little faith in myself.

Edited by stru

19 minutes ago, stru said:

Who here thinks I can get through Speed of Doom on Ultra Violence? I have little faith in myself.

You can do it! I think... I haven't even finished it myself. :-P

Currently playing it blind on my YT channel.

started playing River33 by Greytale.  It's from '95 and is somewhat random so far, a couple clever secrets in a tightly packed map with somewhat "lumpy" monster placement (some areas are dense, some sparce).   So far it feels like a smaller version of castevil.     

On 8/22/2017 at 10:01 PM, Relinquished said:

I've been playing through the Japanese Community Project over the past couple of days, and I'm really enjoying it so far. There's only been one map I didn't like. I'm also doing a no save run of Sunlust, though I've only got to map 09 so far.

Currently playing JPCP as well (recently moved to Japan, so it felt right).

It's a fun set. Currently up to level ... 9, I think. Level 4's been my favorite so far. The Revenant automap comic on map 8 made me laugh out loud. 

Level 3 wore on me a bit, as repeated attempts became tedious, but it was satisfying to finish. Maybe just a little overlong for the style of traps it employs.

It also has a pretty fun Dead Simple clone!

Just finshed Mayhem 17 and Valiant's map 32(took a 2 week break off this one).  Started Scythe 2 a few weeks ago but back to playing it tonight, I'm on map 22.

Finished Strain the other day. A really solid megawad that I never played before for some reason. Now I'm working on Hell Revealed. I've played it before, but I don't think I finished it. All I know, is that whatever I play next will be a cake walk compared to HR.

Playing TNT: Revilution. I think Transduction took me close to 3 hours to finish with 100% secrets due to a couple of failed attempts and running around for another hour looking for the last two secrets.

I'm playing Revilution too. Me and a bunch of other Russians are trying to beat it in multiplayer (3-5 players) with one life and no item respawn. The balance seems decent for that: sometimes we have to chainsaw stuff but so far we've managed to finish everything with the exception of Map31, where I died stupidly at the end and we didn't feel like replaying everything. Map21 is my favorite so far: it has good action and many opportunities for nice teamplay.