Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red

Games/Movies/etc you can't remember for the life of you

A game or a movie, song, tv show, or even a place or a toy, etc. Something you know exists but have only faint memories of, and its so vague that not even the Google Gods can help you find out what it was.

But maybe someone here can!

Do you have anything in mind that others from DW could help you find out?

I remember playing this game, you controlled one or two soldiers in a game that visually I guess you could compare to Fallout, but set during a war, and you had to sneak up behind people to stab them, or get somewhere high to shoot at them, and when you did the cursor became a scope that let you zoom in so you can take a better shot or something. I have no clue what game it was ;_;

Around 9 years ago I saw a movie, probably European, about a man who climbs a tall pillar in a town square as some kind of a protest. At first tons of people gather around him and he seems very satisfied about that, but gradually he loses their attention and feels very lonely. At some point he realizes that he just wants to go back home and have a comfortable sleep. There also was some heartfelt conversation with a random guy passing by at night. I believe it played on the TV1000 channel. I tried asking about it on some sites but no luck so far...

Some action movie with John Stamos where he'd always try to kick up from his back to his feet, but he couldn't do it so they'd have to cut between him trying to kick up to him standing.

A movie with a snake man ripping out the beating heart of a conductor.

I remember another game I played with my cousin once, probably in his PC or PS2. It was a car battle game, where some cars were put in an arena and they had weapons like rocket launchers and probably miniguns. The graphics were mostly brown (I remember rusty muscle cars), the game was most likely released after 2000 and it allowed for split screen. Also, the camera was pretty close to the back of the cars.

A movie I never found, had to do with a special shark. They experimented on the shark and it started chasing them mercilessly. But once they got on land, the shark grew feet and walked out of the water, while the actors had shit their pants.

A long, LONG time ago when I was a kid there was this animated movie I saw and I can only remember like one thing from it: there was this dude who gets shot by a cannon or some shit and is still alive... like he's walking around with a hole in him or something and he doesn't die. I tried forever to find it again and I couldn't. The closest guess I could think of was a movie called Princess Mononoke because the character Ashitaka looks a lot like the guy, at least in my head he does.

Maybe the serious anime fans around here could help me out. It was definitely a movie from the 90s or early 2000s because I was very young.

There is a ww2 movie. Camera is over an hillside. americans against japanese. The scene I'm thinking off the japanese are crawling up this hill which the americans are holding.

cut.

Close up of one japanese soldier who crawls towards an american and says "it's all okay johnny". The american cocks a hand grenade, throws it and ducks. Then he says "my name is not johnny".

I wish i could find this movie again, just for that scene.

I remember playing a first person puzzle solving adventure where you go into a haunted mansion and solve logic puzzles. Near the end of the game you get a laser gun that you use for some very basic shooting. This game almost definitely came out somewhere between 1991 and 1993. I'm pretty sure the game was called 'House of Hell'. It's unrelated to the text adventure 'House of Hell'. It was on the same shareware/freeware disc that introduced me to Doom. I've never in my life been able to find any evidence that the game actually exists.