Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red

All Doom Slayer skins in Quake Champions (EDIT: Even MORE skins!)

Which is your favorite?

OFFICIAL SUIT NAMES LEFT TO RIGHT:

Arena - Doom Marine - Praetor Suit - Doom Guy

IK44xpW.png

Rwmh1vK.jpg

jR4HGQM.jpg\

CtqoyCk.jpg

Edited by Red

Whoa are those real? Cause I love all of them!

This is seriously hard to believe. Heck, I thought maybe a Classic Doomguy is possible, but Doom 3? Didn't expect that at all.

If only Doom64guy was there too...

Edited by Voros

Yeah it felt like Fanart too considering the leak was on Instagram / Reddit:

10 minutes ago, wheresthebeef said:

I think the classic Doomguy looks the worst honestly

1468484652183559681.jpg 

I think the classic Doomguy looks the worst honestly

Funny, cause the design of the helmet gives him an evil/intimidating look if you ask me. The others don't seem to have this.

This is the coolest thing I've seen all day. Which iteration of Doom is the far left one from? The others I recognize: Doom 3, DOOM 2016 and Doom.

14 minutes ago, Nevander said:

This is the coolest thing I've seen all day. Which iteration of Doom is the far left one from? The others I recognize: Doom 3, DOOM 2016 and Doom.

It's Doomguy from Quake 3.

So, i guess it's from left to right quake 3, doom 3, doom 2016 and classic doom. Not a fan of the bulky doom 2016 power armor. Doom 3 looks a bit generic military. Doom 3 is the closest to the original, but the darker helmet makes classic doom guy more intimidating indeed. I think he's my pick,  because,  guess what we're playing here mostly.  The brighter green could make him easier to spot, however.  

Now are those skins free to choose from, or is it some of this unspeakable stuff that has to be bought in modern games? In quake we just copied a bunch of skins to the game folder. Nowadays people spend serious money to have some rainbow colored knife in counter strike. ..

Why is there a version where he's wearing a midriff when everyone knows he got his armor torn off by a demon on the box art?

Just now, GoatLord said:

Why is there a version where he's wearing a midriff when everyone knows he got his armor torn off by a demon on the box art?

Because he is fashion forward 

6 hours ago, Voros said:

Funny, cause the design of the helmet gives him an evil/intimidating look if you ask me. The others don't seem to have this.

I'm talking more about the execution, not the original design. It looks flat, his leg armor is just a texture while the others are actually modeled. It's not fair to compare it to Doom2016 since obviously that had the most time spent on it, but compared to the other two, it looks like a fan made model.

Also, no elbow pads/straps

3 hours ago, GoatLord said:

That's his Quake 3 skin, and it was made the same way. 

Yep. That helmet definitely makes him look scary.

This whole thing with Doom Guy skins is too good to be true.

I almost let out a squeal when Doom 3 Guy had his correct head under his helmet. This game is pure fanservice, in the best way. 

That Doom 3 looks hilarious for some reason. It kinda has a "I'm very annoyed and angry to the point where I have this crazy look in eyes" vibe, no?

The bloody Doomguy face needs more work IMO. It doesn't look that realistic.

I wonder what skins they will implement next? They've already nailed the main ones.

Doom 64 seems like a no brainer to me.

Demonic Classic Doom Guy? Crash?

I really like the extra items on the classic set. It got me thinking: What if the armor we see on the classic box art is not the way the UAC manufactures it? I mean I've always thought it really stupid his arms are exposed like that. His legs never looked very protected either. My theory is the demons tore off the armor plates (as evidenced by his abs armor plate) and his chest armor is the only thing left protecting him.

2 minutes ago, Jaxxoon R said:

Looks more "I am sad and sticky" to me.

Well, I'm not too good at emotions so that is what it looks like to me. He looks like the kind of guy who could just stare at you for 2 minutes and then suddenly rip out your head.