Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

"Inspired by" or "Doom/3D" mods?

Which do you prefer,mods that are inspired by other games or other media like golden souls and strange aeons or do you prefer mods like "super mario doom" which is just a game in the doom style?

Now really, the OP mentions 2 kinds of mods, the first is like "Name: XXX. Description: A Doom mod inspired by game YYY.", and the second is like "Name: The YYY mod for Doom. Description: Not needed.", and I fail to see any difference between them other than a marketing strategy.

1 minute ago, scifista42 said:

Now really, the OP mentions 2 kinds of mods, the first is like "Name: XXX. Description: A Doom mod inspired by game YYY.", and the second is like "Name: The YYY mod for Doom. Description: Not needed.", and I fail to see any difference between them other than a marketing strategy.

You can be more creative in the former than the latter,something like a super mario doom mod needs to have goombas,koopas,pipes,powers etc..whereas something like golden souls can be much more creative with unique monsters and weapons but with the feel of the game its inspired of.

11 minutes ago, SOSU said:

You can be more creative in the former than the latter,

Then I prefer the former.

Edited by scifista42