Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Way to manipulate complex sectors in DB2

I have this very complex thing I have created in Doom builder, but how can I make this into a pyramid without painstakingly editing the massive amount of sectors? Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/hEbuxXY.png

Each blue square has 961 sectors, this is too complicated to edit by hand. Is there a plugin for Doom Builder 2 that can help with this?

This is probably one of the most absurd attempts at detailing I have seen in a while, and I'm pretty confident that there is no such plugin that would allow for "batch editing" that cluster of sectors and linedefs without straight up crashing the builder. That aside I'm not even sure whether or not this density of sectors will cause any problems while actually playing the map, once it's all put in place and aligned.

Well... You got your work cut out for you, I guess.

Well technically if you just want a bunch of perimeter sectors and nothing further, you could reduce it to a single square, then use the stair builder.

Editing the existing structure just to edit sector heights of its individual sectors probably isn't feasible, but GZDoom Builder's Stair Sector Builder Mode, possibly combined with Draw Grid Mode, would make it easy to recreate the structure from scratch simultaneously with assigning the sector heights you want its sectors to have.

What is that

What is it supposed to be

EDIT: Actually reading the post can be an amazing experience, I should do that more often

Since you already have the sectors constructed, you could

Y1vSqxR.png

then select and highlight each sector in turn and then press

3KvS8bN.png

Then do this for the other sides.

To make it easier on yourself even further, if sector steps are same height, you could join those sectors. 

For the corner sectors you best simplify the design. 

Edited by Kappes Buur : simply --> simplify

If you want to make a pyramid, you don't need all those tiny sectors in the corners. Just make a bunch of concentric squares.