Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TootsyBowl

What would a Doom TV show be like?

Say, back in the early-mid 90s when Doom was wildly popular, some company/studio/whatever somewhere decided to make a TV show to cash in on the game's popularity. What would it be like? 

i think some horror sitcom would be interesting or Competition for your own life where group of imps attack you on live show :-)

I think the Gamesmasters show from UK's channel 4 had a "Doom" episode, where the "best Doom player in the world" engaged in "playing" what was obviously edited Doom footage from random levels. Pretty pathetic.

A contest show for teens with visuals scrubbed for TV. Competing teams perform silly physical and mental tasks using plastic or foam props for victory points while the show's fourty-something host spews cringy commentary and pretends he understand the game or current teen culture in general.

^ So, kinda like a Doom-themed "Takeshi's Castle" or "American Gladiator"?

One man out there alone in the world would make for a dull show. His only friend a pet rabbit head that talks to him as Doomguy never speaks. Just grunts and punching noises.

Since the TV show thread has appeared before, I'll pitch my 10 year old CW version of the show would have teens of military families uncovering secret work done by their very own parents in Phobos, California. Romance, drama, having to shoot a friend's evil parent for unleashing hell. Then as the hell portal opened and monsters start flooding through the series is canceled.

32 minutes ago, geo said:

One man out there alone in the world would make for a dull show.

Its the 1990s , they would most likely interview someone playing the game in his old fashioned computer saying things like:

"daym.."

"Oh imp, shit"

"I died"

"hahah he exploded"

"Well that marks the end of our show , hope you enjoyed big fat bobs gameplay, come see us next time in..."