Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

On 03.07.2017 at 1:57 AM, MrD!zone said:

I created my name after the first doom shovel-ware i had ever played. The D!zone. Also because it was the name i had on an older obscure doom fourm that doesn't exist now.

What Doom forum?

Arlene was out of the DooM novels, but Private Arlene just doesn't have that nice ring to it. Major Arlene just flowed off the tongue better to me. 

It's a dumb reason, but oh well

Back when i found out how to play online using Doom conector, my brother joked about how funny it would be if my username was "F*cker of Doom", being a dumb idiot kid, i found that hilarious so i used the name untill i was chased by an admin to change my name or be banned, so in a hurry i choose "DooM Marine", that later i shortened to DMMarine, and eventually into DMPhobos some weeks after because Phobos was the location of Ep1,a greek god, sounded cool and DMMarine was too generic

Edited by DMPhobos

I cut "Mysterious" in my username, so it's more clear now and doesn't take so much space anymore. I decided to leave rest of my username, because it's pointless to change it when people already know me as Haruko and can't imagine other name on it.

Edited by Myst.Haruko

"I like Doom and Godzilla. How can I convey these interests in a username?"

Seconds later:

"This sucks. Let's roll with it."

(I could change it now, but we'll see. Not committed to a new one yet.)

Mine stems from being stoned one night when I was much younger. Over the course of a few months, any time I said something stupid, one of my mates would chime in with something root vegetable related. It started of with variations of onions, then pickled onions, then scallions, and then one night I got "SCALLIANO!" and it stuck. This was back in 2000.

This is a story which will probably NOT be corroborated by the arsehole(s) on Twitter and/or XBox Live who stole it from me.

In highschool, maybe 11th or 12th grade, we were all called to the cafeteria to hear details about prom. Where, when, how much, etc. When the person told about the cost, they mentioned an option to use a payment plan. Their voice made the phrase sound a bit funny to my friends and I and it became kind of an in joke. I guess it's kind of cruel, because we were essentially making fun of this person and how they said payment plan. I started using it as my name shortly thereafter. 

Prior to that, playing a lot of Counter Strike, I had various names such as test bear, raven bane, meat puppet, and apophenium. Going back all the way to my GameFAQs days when I used to post as swordblaster. I don't miss any of those names.

On 27/08/2017 at 8:04 AM, DMPhobos said:

so in a hurry i choose "DooM Marine", that later i shortened to DMMarine, and eventually into DMPhobos some weeks after because Phobos was the location of Ep1,a greek god, sounded cool and DMMarine was too generic

Aw, so not related to my favourite UT'99 map? *ducks!*

As of my own, the most lame story you can imagine.

First email account 20 years ago. Need to come up with a login.

Ok, how about initials. Nope, too short. So padded it up with whatever - q happens to be first in the row.

(and a couple of years later found out it's used as a callsign of a Tennessee AM radio station...)

Well, this is kind of embarassing, but I got my username from a simpsons episode I watched a reeeeeaaaaallllllllllly long time ago. It was the one where bart becomes a pop star, you know "nioj eht yvan", and there was character named Lt.Smash, and I thought the name was neat (I was in grade 3 iirc), but didn't want to just use it as-is so I came up with Lt.Blam ('cause explosions are better than blunt force trauma) , and it's just kinda stuck with me. I guess it was idea stockholm syndrome. 

I wanted to reflect my obsession with Kingdom Hearts whilst being consistent with my first name and my year of birth.

On 7/2/2017 at 11:33 AM, Piper Maru said:

My name is taken from one of my favourite episodes of the X-Files.

You forgot to add a link to the episode trailer!

My name is the unification of other name, the X because I love the way thins sound with X

Alex, Rex, Drax, Antrax, Snorlax, Anidrex.

And 1009 is random. I was a kid when I first used that number, so I just use it like a nostalgic reminder.

My username is based on the necklace I've worn since Grade 3. Yes, the same necklace in my profile pic (though it is actually a sort of beige-brown, not red and grey). And yes, this is a cheap dollar-store necklace. I first created this username for Playstation Network a number of years ago, I created the profile pic for Steam. The original Photoshop I did for the profile pic was an absurdly high resolution... Too high for Steam to allow.

I am very proud to have a clean, cool looking username that does not contain any random capitals, spaces or numbers!

@Piper Maru I should probably watch that, Vince Gilligan is a great writer because I binged like 4 seasons of Breaking Bad in a day and I've watched that whole series at least 3 or 4 times now. 

After the Red Alert 1 rifle infantry soldier (specifically the Soviet variant, as my current profile pic would attest)- in honor of an unnamed rifle infantryman in one of my many OpenRA skirmishes.

This guy, despite having just 50 HP, practically zero armor and barely any mobility or attack power, managed to take down the last enemy Light Tank that was rampaging through my base on a few points of health, while all my unit-production facilities were destroyed. Had it not been for this one soldier standing off in a quiet sector of the map on a forgotten scouting mission, on standby in case he needed to return to base, I would have lost the match then and there. I rewarded the guy (who had suffered around 1/2 of his health lost) by exempting him from the subsequent infantry horde I produced once my barracks were back up.

I was just lazy one day and thought about the most iconic Doom monster. The Cacodemon. So I named my username after it.

I combined the words 'Grim' and 'Dinosaur'... yeah that's about it.

For some reason on some websites and games I can't name myself it. Didn't know 'Grim' was such a bad word ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 minutes ago, Grimosaur said:

I combined the words 'Grim' and 'Dinosaur'... yeah that's about it.

For some reason on some websites and games I can't name myself it. Didn't know 'Grim' was such a bad word ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What kind of games do you play?! Roblox and Club Penguin?!

3 minutes ago, A Cacodemon said:

What kind of games do you play?! Roblox and Club Penguin?!

N...no? Why would I... Sh...Shutup!

1 minute ago, Grimosaur said:

N...no? Why would I... Sh...Shutup!

Heh.

30 minutes ago, Memfis said:

I took it from a Nicolas Cage movie.

I'm guessing it's from Gone in 60 Seconds. 24% on Rotten Tomatoes and 35% on Metacritic. Wow.

1 minute ago, 129thVisplane said:

The 129th visplane crashes vanilla Doom. 16-17 year old me thought it was clever.

I kinda wanna change it to a username I use everywhere else these days, but a few years ago someone said this was the best username so i'm sticking with it for now.

What is the 129th Visplane?